Mercenaries in Palladium

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Entiago
Adventurer

Re: Mercenaries in Palladium

Unread post by Entiago »

rasmusnicolaj wrote:The City of Llorn in ET primary earns its money by contracting its different armies to merchants and citystates all over the east.

nail
head

Other than that- there should be a large number (one would think) of Merc companies in the world. They may not all be as famous as Red Brigade (Llornian Mercs), but do exist in each kingdom/territory/empire.

An Organized Guild of mercs...that would be a tricky one. There could possibly be but then how would it opperate? not as likely me thinks, so I would have to say no.

As for which Kingdom hires the most Merc...that would be everyone. At least in some special way- but I vote Eastern Territories.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I was planning on writing an article about Palladium mercenaries, but never got around to it.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I recall seeing mercenary groups in ET as well as WE. I would imagine that there would be Merc groups all over the world, but mostly centered around hot spots. The borders between the Old Kingdom and its neighbors, between the ET and the the Wolfen, and Nimro. Of course, the Nimro would be non-human, but there would be mercenary groups I suspect. Also, you might see some action in the Shadow Colonies, the Middle Kingdoms, and on the seas.

-Vek
"M.E.R.C.'s was a fun video game."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”