mind bond/ total recall

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

mind bond/ total recall

Unread post by csbioborg »

if a mind bond happens and one or both parties have total recal can they use this power so that they never lose the other's memoires?
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: mind bond/ total recall

Unread post by Severite »

I thought the entries for either total recall or mind bond detail how this works>? With a percent chance depending on time spent?
domus est itire cum etiam tenebrae sordida
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Total recall only works on written information.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

No, it doesn't work that way.

First of all, as was said, the new version of Total Recall only works on written objects. Secondly, though, the information from a Mind Bond fades from any kind of memory after a few days... it's not just that you have trouble remembering it, but it is GONE. I would make an exception for things actively thought about, if using the old version of TR; you know them because you thought about them, not because they were contained in an infodump from someone else's brain. Those are in normal memory, though I would say that you'd lose skills and be unable to cast spells... you didn't learn those, just temporarily absorbed them. You'd still understand what you'd done, but you'd probably lose a lot of the theory and such about why.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

The way arround this is of course to write down stuff that is important to remeber while you can. Then after you forget, read your notes and use total recall to memorize it.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.

Return to “Rifts®”