Bio-Wizardry Question

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Bio-Wizardry Question

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

Can Bio-wizardry be used on Mutants and/or genetic enchanced beings like achilles neo-humans?
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Re: Bio-Wizardry Question

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Yes, but the effects might not be very positive. To have best effect, the character's race would need to be understood properly.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Astral Pantheon wrote:Can Bio-wizardry be used on Mutants and/or genetic enchanced beings like achilles neo-humans?

Yes. Bio Wizardy can effect every kind of being without exception.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

except for those immune to transforming magic.

TA's & NB's come to mind
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:except for those immune to transforming magic.

TA's & NB's come to mind

Bio Wizardy dosn't transform, it adds. Different things. bio-wizardy works just fine.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

energy creatures like those from three galaxies

I'd like to see what you can do to a machine man to
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

TA's & NB's come to mind

Bio Wizardy dosn't transform, it adds. Different things. bio-wizardy works just fine.

1 + 1 = 2. I have added, yet I have transformed. The only time adding does not transform is when you add nothing.

Not to mention page 106 of Atlantis specifically mentions that it's a transformation... and the first section is called "Transmutation."
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

TA's & NB's come to mind

Still I don't think it works on shapeshifters, though I haven't looked at it in awhile. Not sure about TAs.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

csbioborg wrote:energy creatures like those from three galaxies

Okay

I'd like to see what you can do to a machine man to

Machine Man are Artifical intelligence robots. Just as much as could be done to ARCHIE.

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mark Hall wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

TA's & NB's come to mind

1 + 1 = 2. I have added, yet I have transformed. The only time adding does not transform is when you add nothing.[quote]

Uh...it dosn't matter what you add, you havn't transformed anything.

I have an apple, you give me another apple, I now have 2 apples, but neither I or the apples have in any way changed

Library Ogre

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

TA's & NB's come to mind

1 + 1 = 2. I have added, yet I have transformed. The only time adding does not transform is when you add nothing.

I have an apple, you give me another apple, I now have 2 apples, but neither I or the apples have in any way changed

On the contrary; you have changed 1 into 2.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
The Beast

Page 154, WB21 wrote: Humans & human-like D-Bees are the most commonly used, but any non-supernatural beings can also fall victim to these experimentaions.

The above is in regards to the Bio-Borg RCC. Page 160 has the race restrictions, which also rule out the supernatural & creatures of magic.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

So, a yes (if human) with possible mutantion roll .
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mark Hall wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

TA's & NB's come to mind

On the contrary; you have changed 1 into 2.

:-?

That dosn't make any sense...a number is a representation of an amount, not a thing. Numbers cannot change. 1 is 1, 2 is 2, either your number is 2 or it is 1, or it is something else--the number themselves, the value, dosn't change.

Library Ogre

Nekira Sudacne wrote:That dosn't make any sense...a number is a representation of an amount, not a thing. Numbers cannot change. 1 is 1, 2 is 2, either your number is 2 or it is 1, or it is something else--the number themselves, the value, dosn't change.

Numbers are things, and they are representative of things. When you add a number to a number, you have a new number... it is transformed.

When you add a bio-wizard trait to a human, you have a new creature; no longer human. You have added something to it, but you have likewise transformed it.

All Palladium Articles
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mark Hall wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:That dosn't make any sense...a number is a representation of an amount, not a thing. Numbers cannot change. 1 is 1, 2 is 2, either your number is 2 or it is 1, or it is something else--the number themselves, the value, dosn't change.

Numbers are things, and they are representative of things. When you add a number to a number, you have a new number... it is transformed.

No, actually, when you add something to a total, your replacing the old number with a new number.

When you add a bio-wizard trait to a human, you have a new creature; no longer human. You have added something to it, but you have likewise transformed it.

No, actually, you have a human with wings stapled on to the back.

The Beast

Guys, we could just go through the books to see if any of the TA NPCs have any bio-wizardy stuff added to them. If there's one, then it would mean TAs could get the stuff. If there's none, then it would lean to (though not definately prove) that TAs are immmune to the process.
Library Ogre

Nekira Sudacne wrote:No, actually, when you add something to a total, your replacing the old number with a new number.

No, you are transforming (except in the case of 0, which is the identity function). When you deal with discrete objects (apple plus apple), it's harder to see, but numbers transform via addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.

No, actually, you have a human with wings stapled on to the back.

The wings are an integrated portion of the body. They take part in the character's blood, and they tire him to use. A technological set of wings is just attached (though, hopefully, not stapled)... the bio-wizard wings are part of your body, just as your arm is.

All Palladium Articles
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

---O.K., let me tweak the question to:

Achilles neo-human undergoes the following bio-wizardry:
M.D.C. 75
PS(SN) 50
and
Spd 44

Since, this is below the 6 enhancements then there should be No mutantion.

Am I correct on this train of thought??
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Astral Pantheon wrote:---O.K., let me tweak the question to:

Achilles neo-human undergoes the following bio-wizardry:
M.D.C. 75
PS(SN) 50
and
Spd 44

Since, this is below the 6 enhancements then there should be No mutantion.

Am I correct on this train of thought??

Yes

lordwind
D-Bee

Unread post by lordwind »

Sunaj Assassins are TA's and they have bio-wizard enhancements. They are modified not transformed.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

What biowizardry do Sunaj have?
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Talavar wrote:What biowizardry do Sunaj have?

None at all.

Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Talavar wrote:What biowizardry do Sunaj have?

None at all.

Yeah, I didn't think so.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Severite »

Ok, mathematically speaking: addition is transformation from one integer to another.

HOWEVER: Life, while systematically represented by math as a explanation/model for pretty much everything (mathematicist), looking at the way things are described in game, mystical transformation is a translateral change from one creature/appearance to another, whereas biowizadry is more akin to bionic/implants/mystically linking one organism part to another.

So, a more interesting question is, are TA unable to get bionics?
domus est itire cum etiam tenebrae sordida
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

Atlantis, pg 107, Magic Transmutation:"Transmutation is a process that magically transforms the character."

The first sentence alone disallows True Atlanteans Transmutation.
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

9voltkilowatt wrote:Atlantis, pg 107, Magic Transmutation:"Transmutation is a process that magically transforms the character."

The first sentence alone disallows True Atlanteans Transmutation.

Well, that settles that, time for house rules! :lol:
Library Ogre

Severite wrote:So, a more interesting question is, are TA unable to get bionics?

I would say yes. The integration of bionics is all hardware side... the bionics are designed to work with the body as-is, rather than trying to change the body to work with it.

All Palladium Articles
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

Mark Hall wrote:
Severite wrote:So, a more interesting question is, are TA unable to get bionics?

I would say yes. The integration of bionics is all hardware side... the bionics are designed to work with the body as-is, rather than trying to change the body to work with it.

Gotta agree with mark on this one.
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

9voltkilowatt wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

Me too, though I see bio wizardry as much the same, so.........
Library Ogre

Severite wrote:
9voltkilowatt wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

I see Bio Wizardry as being fairly different; instead of working with the body, it changes the body to include the new piece. If you get hit in your Bio-wizard wing, you feel pain and bleed blood. It's not that sensors register an impact, and a computer in the limb translate it into a pain sensation for processing by your brain... it's pain, from nerves to brain.

A different case might be made for Shadowrun-like Biotech... cultured organs implanted in you. However, I think those are the province of Rifts Bio-systems.

All Palladium Articles
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mark Hall wrote:
Severite wrote:
9voltkilowatt wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

I see Bio Wizardry as being fairly different; instead of working with the body, it changes the body to include the new piece. If you get hit in your Bio-wizard wing, you feel pain and bleed blood. It's not that sensors register an impact, and a computer in the limb translate it into a pain sensation for processing by your brain... it's pain, from nerves to brain.

A different case might be made for Shadowrun-like Biotech... cultured organs implanted in you. However, I think those are the province of Rifts Bio-systems.

Well, I see it as more of a graft/DNA manipulation using magic, then as how the spell transformation works.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”