Land of the Dammed 3 ???

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Land of the Dammed 3 ???

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:Its my understanding the before Bill Coffin left, he had finished and turned in LOTD 3. Do any of y'all know if it is ever going tobe released.

After kevin and the otehr writers get done with the books on their plate, they are going to review the manusripts that have been sitting on their shelves.

see this mummer
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Severite »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:Its my understanding the before Bill Coffin left, he had finished and turned in LOTD 3. Do any of y'all know if it is ever going tobe released.

After kevin and the otehr writers get done with the books on their plate, they are going to review the manusripts that have been sitting on their shelves.

see this mummer

I think the murmur is interesting, and promising......but realize that each of those items were also in a press release at some point, and still they sit there.

Now, Im not accusing anybody of anything, just saying be patient, and when something does come out be happy, but dont fret it in the meantime, pull ideas from other places, which is what I tend to do. So, while I dont tend to run the old modules/adventure/settings, I love pulling stuff out of them
domus est itire cum etiam tenebrae sordida
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I really enjoyed the Land of the Damned books, mainly because it had less story and maps than most of the other world books, instead adding a great amount information on curses, monsters, races and other source material that could be crossed over to many other games with little conversion needed. I enjoy some of stories in some of the books, but after a read or two I rarely go back so less story and more creation charts, comparison art and race's background I find more interesting than a set back story that we most likely won't get involved in. Theses book we use more for Nightbane, Bts & Rifts campaign than we do for Palladium Fantasy, so I wish more Rifts notes were added to future books to draw more crossover appeal to other fans. I still want to see book 3 and hope it's as useful as the first two and kinda hoping it covers more on the Old Ones' minions.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Personally, I think PF books refer enough to Rifts. I want them to be more oriented to PF and less oriented to Rifts. Otherwise, they might as well change the name of the company to Rifts Books and drop the Palladium thing all together.

Now, I've gotten a couple of PM's from Kev saying that he still thinks of PF as his favorite system and he wants to bring out new information for it. Keep in mind that they only have six regular staffers on the payroll. That means there's a lot of work to be spread out over a very few people. Also, he's shown in a couple of his murmurs recently that he is delegating some of the responsibilities he's been criticized for taking on himself, like letting Wayne Smith layout a major book, saving some of his time for writing and editing. Be patient folks. I know it's been a long time coming, but there is good stuff on the horizon. Dyval, (which admittedly is NOT strictly a PF book but is just as good in many respects) is on its way soon and he's promised me that Mysteries of Magic is not far behind. Who know what will come of them going over their manuscripts in January, but I believe it's only good stuff. Just be patient folks. The tide has turned, and PF is going to make a come back. I can feel it!
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:After kevin and the otehr writers get done with the books on their plate, they are going to review the manusripts that have been sitting on their shelves.

see this mummer

...might be the last chance for this manuscript. I sure hope they release it, I liked LoD 1 and 2. Way too much time has passed since the last PF-book. :-(
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Got this from Kev just today in response to a PM I sent him regarding this topic.

Kevin wrote:Dear Ken/Northern Ranger,

Fear not, we intend to come out with sourcebooks for Palladium Fantasy, Nightbane, Rifts, Chaos Earth and a bunch of our game lines.

You are right, Palladium Fantasy has been neglected too long. Mysteries of Magic and MORE is coming for it!

I promise.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

amsterdam wrote:
Northern Ranger wrote:Got this from Kev just today in response to a PM I sent him regarding this topic.

Kevin wrote:Dear Ken/Northern Ranger,

Fear not, we intend to come out with sourcebooks for Palladium Fantasy, Nightbane, Rifts, Chaos Earth and a bunch of our game lines.

You are right, Palladium Fantasy has been neglected too long. Mysteries of Magic and MORE is coming for it!

I promise.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda

Unfortunately, his promises are a dime a dozen.

And, as I've said, your best bet is to just wait and see. There are gazillions (is that a number :bandit: ) of places to get ideas for story, magic items, NPC's, and places, ya just gotta look
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

Online? Very true, but understandably so. In your home? Whatever, convert whatever you like. HOWEVER, even with that said, you can pull ideas without having to plagiarize in the least, particularly by expanding and adapting
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Exactly. I've got several adaptations, one of them based loosely upon the immortals of the Highlander series. I've also got a dark elf (who doesn't?) as well as a plethora of unique and individual ideas of my own. 8)

300 Geek Points (So Far)

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”