The "I Got It!" Thread

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hystrix
Champion

Re: The "I Got It!" Thread

Unread post by Hystrix »

I got an advanced copy in my Xmas suprise package. I think I'm gonna order the actuall book soon. BTW I love it. Go job, CL...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I got mine today (and the photocopy the other day).
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

The UPS guy just dropped mine off at 7:09pm. Man he is running late.

The cover is awesome.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

You guys got it?? Eeek!!

Time to lock and load!!!

*grabs shotgun and racks slide*

'clack-clack'

It's time to go huntin'.

8p
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:Why is it that Preacher and Maryann live like 20 miles from me but he always gets his products first? Cause I still don't have mine.

:?

Zombies ate yours.

:D
Insert 400 character limit here.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:Why is it that Preacher and Maryann live like 20 miles from me but he always gets his products first? Cause I still don't have mine.

I actually got a Rifter once before they did. I have no idea how that could have happend. :lol:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

I have a Theory about that.
We live North of Dayton and you live south. About four miles from our house on Valley Street is a UPS Freight hub and about three miles from us is a good size UPS distribution hub. I think that the freight hub gets transfers directly from Michigan and very quickly ships over local packages to the area distribution hub which disseminates the packages usually within 24 to 48 hours of shipping from Palladium.

What I have seen of the book so far looks pretty cool. I am not even a fan of the Zombie Genre but this looks like it would be a real FUN game to run. Also with the survival aspects of Dead Reign coupled with the survival aspects of Systems Failure a Good GM could make a great Non Supernatural, Non Alien Invasion Society Fails type of game of a similar vein to the short lived TV series Jericho.

Crawlers= Yuck :puke:
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nightbreed »

Hopefully my comics/game store will get it so i can buy it and join CyCo in hunting some deadheads.
Shawn Merrow

Preacher wrote:What I have seen of the book so far looks pretty cool. I am not even a fan of the Zombie Genre but this looks like it would be a real FUN game to run. Also with the survival aspects of Dead Reign coupled with the survival aspects of Systems Failure a Good GM could make a great Non Supernatural, Non Alien Invasion Society Fails type of game of a similar vein to the short lived TV series Jericho.

I've started a game using the Dead Reign setting with the System Failure rules and O.C.C.. So far its going really well and everyone is having fun.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

I JUST now received it in the mail! I'll take some time to look at it later, I'm getting ready for work , but I'll give it a thorough once-over and review of it later.
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shotgun Jolly »

DtMK wrote:... but I'll give it a thorough once-over and review of it later.

DtMK,

I would really like to hear what you have to say. Ever since the news broke about how much was re written, the appearent lack of "Large Combat" rules.. I have grown uneasy. All of what I was hearing about, and all of that in the other thread, (that I cant seem to find in the other forum) I was kinda looking forward too.

As I said before, I am hoping its true to the theme of Zombie lore and fiction. And not so much with to much cross over into the other Megaversal Realms. I dont mind some, but I dont want to much it.

I guess, really I need someone to relieve my concerns on it. So, a post here would be great, or even a PM with your non tempered views would be wonderfull.

Kinda sad about the fact about the lack of large scale combat though.. :(

Regards
©-JC Locke retains ownership and rights of all original artwork and information posted
by the ShotGun Jolly account.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Preacher wrote: Good GM could make a great Non Supernatural, Non Alien Invasion Society Fails type of game of a similar vein to the short lived TV series Jericho.

I have done something similar in the past using HU2 (Kinda like Age of Apocalypse).. but now with the additional "post-humanity" information of Dead Reign, I could possibly revisit my old game.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

waiting for my FLGS to have it to buy it from them, that should be about a week and a half from now.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Preacher
Hero

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Preacher wrote: Good GM could make a great Non Supernatural, Non Alien Invasion Society Fails type of game of a similar vein to the short lived TV series Jericho.

I have done something similar in the past using HU2 (Kinda like Age of Apocalypse).. but now with the additional "post-humanity" information of Dead Reign, I could possibly revisit my old game.

You know I am really thinking about this a lot.

Palladium has all the ingredients already. All that is needed is to mix them into a game.
All you need is to compile all the non super,psionic,magic OCC's for the players. Doctors, Lawyers as well as the Soldiers and Police officers. Then come up with a semi-plausible "world goes to hell in a hand basket" scenario and you are off and running.
The survival aspects as well as fighting for food and livable land and sanctuary.

Of course coming up with a good scenario is the hard part. It's kind of like coming up with a good name for your fleet in a Space Opera setting which does not sound like something out of the fifties or sixties. Space Force= Blargh as does Space anything. If you can hit upon an idea that does not stink then you are golden as the rest will come as you build on the idea.
erc1971
Wanderer

Unread post by erc1971 »

I ordered mine Sunday, and received it today.

I gave it a quick glance and I have to give it 2 thumbs up.

I really liked the tweaks on zombies (like how they all woke up at the same time, bite's don't automatically turn you) and loved the very well fleshed out equipment section.

Looking forward to giving this one a play in the future.

Eric
RIFTS..."It's ****ing Brilliant!" Kevin Sembieda May 5th 2006
Attended Palladium Open House, May 6th 2006, May 4th and 5th 2007, April 30th 2009, May 2nd 2009
Palladium Unofficial Employee
Kevin Siembieda to me during the big move: "Eric, you are a god!"
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Mine either went out on Thursday evening or Friday morning with my grab bag, and I still haven't received it yet. sadface.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Dark_Lightning
Wanderer

Unread post by Dark_Lightning »

got mine yesterday. been reading it since.
"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." Chris Titus, comedian.
The Galactus Kid

My grabbag is at home waiting for me, and since it was only one of two things I asked for, I'm almost certain its there.

:-D
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

The Galactus Kid

The Galactus Kid wrote:My grabbag is at home waiting for me, and since it was only one of two things I asked for, I'm almost certain its there.

:-D

YAY!!!
Dead Reign
Macross Sourcebook x 2 (one of which I ordered seperately but they shipped them together)
Property of the CS T-Shirt
Dogboys Playing Poker
Shadow Chronicles Endsheet artwork signed by Kevin and the Mannings
Christmas Cards

I totally win.

Dead reign gets two very enthusiastic thumbs up.

Shawn Merrow

Got mine today. *does happy dance* :)

Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

I got mine friday.

Been reading through it between WoW, gaming, sleeping and eating.

Opinions will be forth coming in own thread.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Picked it up from my FLGS today.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Went and got it from my comics & games store. They saved it for me since i couldn't wait for them to get their delivery from UPS.
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

I got mine today.

Preacher wrote:You know I am really thinking about this a lot.

Palladium has all the ingredients already. All that is needed is to mix them into a game.
All you need is to compile all the non super,psionic,magic OCC's for the players. Doctors, Lawyers as well as the Soldiers and Police officers. Then come up with a semi-plausible "world goes to hell in a hand basket" scenario and you are off and running.
The survival aspects as well as fighting for food and livable land and sanctuary.

Momma, don't let your babies grow up to be zombies.
Don't let them eat brains and get hit by those trucks.
Let them be doctors and lawyers and such...
velcRomanceR
Wanderer
Location: Being an interdimensional party provider/tour guide, I never know with any certainty where I'll be.

Unread post by velcRomanceR »

"I Got It!"

And I love it.
My Dead Reign has been coil-binded for easy access, and I have begun highlighting and indexing the essentials.

Let me say this - :fl: - THE BOOK ROCKS HARD !!! Having "rules" for all those zombie flicks I've watched is absolutely nostalgic - I know this isn't the only zombie RPG out there.. but Palladium Books has ALWAYS had street cred for me; the company is like family (yeah, family is late every now and again and doesn't always do what you want them to <like not giving me Dead Reign in my x-mas grab bag> but in the end, you love 'em anyways), and I only run and play Palladium excpet for L5R. All the zombie games I've played with friends where we just went through a Guns 'n Ammo mag assigning weapon damages and rolling up mock characters and zombies has come full circle with Dead Reign. Wholehearted thanks go to all those involved.

I am thoroughly impressed! Honestly. It's great!
Nothing is true, all is permitted
londonbaz

Unread post by londonbaz »

Got mine yesterday in my Grab Bag and delved into it last night. It takes a lot for me to get spinal chills, but I had several in the first 10 pages alone... still a lot more to read but so far so good - thanks Kev and Josh!
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

Finally got my copy from my local gaming store last Friday. Still reading through it. But I like what I see so far.

As far as the magic and all of Josh's work on Rifter 40, it looks like it would be easy enough to re-integrate those elements using a copy of BTS-2 or Nightbane. Just means a little more work for the G.M. and we won't have Josh's hand-crafted minions of Brulyx.

I actually like the fact that the origin story isn't 'locked in'. Most of my players will get the books and read the G.M.'s sections anyway. This will allow me to keep them guessing, and if I still want to use the Rifter #40 origin stuff I still can.

Also due to lack of specific world information, I'm definitely going to use Rifter #40 bits like the Air Force airlift, the Stadium survivors, some of the Winnipeg bit, and the world's navies trying to retake the Hawaiian islands. (All my players picked military backgrounds).
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!
Primus
Explorer

Unread post by Primus »

Got mine! w00t!

This s--t rocks. I'm loving it so far...it's good recreational reading for when I'm not cramming for next Tuesday's test and finals in 10 days.

I love the background story...the whole whodunnit thing. Can't wait to unleash this on my willing victims...err, gaming group....
"Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!"- Dr. John Zoidberg

"Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?"

Chicago Blackhawks, 2009-10 and 2012-2013 Stanley Cup Champions!
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

I just got it about 30 Minutes ago, in my christmas grab bag
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Greyaxe wrote:I just got it about 30 Minutes ago, in my christmas grab bag

Ditto - loving what I've skimmed.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Roofius wrote:Hello, new here :)

FIrst bought Nightspawn about 5 years ago, totally lost touch of RPGs in general since around then (never actually played it!).

Randomly decided to buy Dead Reign after seeing it advertised - just reading it now. Very impressed so far, just hope I can find some friends to play :-D

Welcome back, invite your friends over for Zombie night, watch a movie or tow put the finished characters in front of them and say, lets make our own zombie movie.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

I've got it, Booya baby. But I've got to read the Macross sourcebook first before I flip through it.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Got out to the store for the pick up of Dead Reign and Macross . . . I think I will need some alone time for a while . . .

By the way, Dead Reign - best Palladium cover ever. Also love the picture in the back fo the GB getting swarmed.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

Got mine today in a Christmas package. Along with Nightbane. Both new games to me. So far, awesome stuff!
Was their arrival in the same package a sign? Is this a "you got your peanut butter on my chocolate" moment? Hmmmm. I will finish reading them and play them individually. And then maybe combine the two. Where Nightbane fight in a zombie filled world where the Night Lords rule.

Love dead reign. Great stuff gang!
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Got mine a few weeks ago, awsome!
havent been on the forums in a while, scuse the late reply :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
werebadger89
D-Bee

Unread post by werebadger89 »

i got it! ******* awesome!
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

Got mine as well, in the christmas package. Gonna use it in my Chaos Earth Campaign
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

I've got the book.
It's alright.
:P
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

my store still hasnt got it, ran into problems with the distributor (I ordered Mystic China in JUNE!!). :badbad:
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Vidynn wrote:my store still hasnt got it, ran into problems with the distributor (I ordered Mystic China in JUNE!!). :badbad:

I've had that happen a couple times, once the distributor sent the store a bunch of books that had gotten soaked during a bad storm.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Michael Barakofsky »

I got mine on Christmas Eve, the mailman brought it to my door at like 7:35 pm way late for the mail in my area, even durring the holidays. I love the DR setting, 2 thumbs up, got an idea for a combo setting DR/NB/HU2 where there are those who got sick but didnt die only to find out that they will slowly mutate gaining either select powers from HU2 or select morphus form aspects from NB. Still working on the infection survivor % as well as the mutation table though.
"If ya pardon me plain speaking gentlemen: Are yall STARK RAVING TOTALLY BLINKING DAFT!?!?!" - Captain Silver, Treasure Planet
John 3:16 says it all
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Michael Barakofsky wrote:I got mine on Christmas Eve, the mailman brought it to my door at like 7:35 pm way late for the mail in my area, even durring the holidays. I love the DR setting, 2 thumbs up, got an idea for a combo setting DR/NB/HU2 where there are those who got sick but didnt die only to find out that they will slowly mutate gaining either select powers from HU2 or select morphus form aspects from NB. Still working on the infection survivor % as well as the mutation table though.

That's a very interesting idea! :ok: Kudos on the combo idea. Hope you work out the details.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

FINNALLY GOT MINE ...................

I
LOVE
THIS
BOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the writers of this beutiful masterpiece allow me to tell you my wife has now gone zombie lovin with me haha .
And believe me you guys will one day see me for a signing of the book and a HUGE hug from the wife ..

With this book she has finally started to love the Zombie genre(sp?) and for that I must thank you with much much much man love !!!

THANKS GUYS !! haha
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

This is an update for anyone who found my DR/NB/HU2 combo idea interesting, after the first game session this past weekend that lasted 12 solid hours my group is totally stoked. Its been the best game I have ever ran and I have to say THANK YOU PALLADIUM!!!!

If anyone wants to know how I worked it: roll the character up as normal for dead reign, the player can either choose to be a mutant or can roll 30% chance. If the character is a mutant roll for powers from the experiment table in HU2 (I used the experiment table because this whole idea was an experiment) minor powers from HU2 if any major powers are rolled instead of major powers roll on the Nightbane Characteristics table replacing combo 2 with Beauty table, combo 3 with Animal table, and combo 4 with Stigmata table.

Note: These mutations happen slowly over the course of 1 year (I allowed my players who were mutants to start off with 1 mutation out the get go.) and any of the NB features are permanent changes to the person forever marking them as mutations (if the aspects rolled are obviously in human). To add a little extra flavor I ruled that certain powers pre-determined the physical mutations (NB aspects) Superhuman PS = Mechanical Limbs: Arms, Extraordinary Spd = Mechanical Limbs: Legs, Wingless Flight = Rocket Jets (players choice as to location).

My group had a blast with their first day, I started the game time line at the point when the dead started to rise, the group doesnt know who to trust and jumps guns locked, cocked and ready to rock with each little noise the characters hear. Its been a blast and a great first day gaming.

THANKS AGAIN!!! :D :D :D :D :D
"If ya pardon me plain speaking gentlemen: Are yall STARK RAVING TOTALLY BLINKING DAFT!?!?!" - Captain Silver, Treasure Planet
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Michael Barakofsky wrote:This is an update for anyone who found my DR/NB/HU2 combo idea interesting, after the first game session this past weekend that lasted 12 solid hours my group is totally stoked. Its been the best game I have ever ran and I have to say THANK YOU PALLADIUM!!!!

If anyone wants to know how I worked it: roll the character up as normal for dead reign, the player can either choose to be a mutant or can roll 30% chance. If the character is a mutant roll for powers from the experiment table in HU2 (I used the experiment table because this whole idea was an experiment) minor powers from HU2 if any major powers are rolled instead of major powers roll on the Nightbane Characteristics table replacing combo 2 with Beauty table, combo 3 with Animal table, and combo 4 with Stigmata table.

Note: These mutations happen slowly over the course of 1 year (I allowed my players who were mutants to start off with 1 mutation out the get go.) and any of the NB features are permanent changes to the person forever marking them as mutations (if the aspects rolled are obviously in human). To add a little extra flavor I ruled that certain powers pre-determined the physical mutations (NB aspects) Superhuman PS = Mechanical Limbs: Arms, Extraordinary Spd = Mechanical Limbs: Legs, Wingless Flight = Rocket Jets (players choice as to location).

My group had a blast with their first day, I started the game time line at the point when the dead started to rise, the group doesnt know who to trust and jumps guns locked, cocked and ready to rock with each little noise the characters hear. Its been a blast and a great first day gaming.

THANKS AGAIN!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Glad things worked out for you!!!! (wish my group could game for 12 hours..... :-( )

Intriguing ideas for how you convert some of the powers to NB abilities. Please keep those of us who like your idea (unless i'm the only one :lol: ) updated with your game. :ok:
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

Nightbreed wrote:Glad things worked out for you!!!! (wish my group could game for 12 hours..... :-( )

Intriguing ideas for how you convert some of the powers to NB abilities. Please keep those of us who like your idea (unless i'm the only one :lol: ) updated with your game. :ok:

You know, thats an idea that I never thought of doing, so ok I will. I don't want to take over Citizen Lazlo's thread so I will start my own thread and explain things a little more indepth there.
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Well, I finally picked up my copy of the book! My first impression was mixed. While I was impressed with the content, the artwork was hit and miss for me (Bradshaw and Mummah were definite hits though!).

I ran it for a very small group of inexperienced players while on a trip to UT and we all had a blast! The adventure itself was very small and contained involving a basic escape from suburbia type of scenario. We discovered that the zombies are indeed very difficult to kill with medium caliber weapons!

One player was a cop with a 9mm and can certainly attest to this!

Still, it got a good review during our play test and we all look forward to playing again.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

The art is the first thing I ever appreciate in any PB book! Don't get me wrong, there were some astounding pieces in DR! There were just more than usual for a Palladium book that didn't appeal to me. :-D
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

After much debateing i finally ordered it and got it about four days ago. While I thought that the art was great the content (for me at least) was a little lackluster. Now dont get me wrong i am not complaing I just thought that it would have had a little more pop to it other than (We dont know what caused the zombies). The multiple causes is nice it gives the players and GM room to move but over all I think that it was one of the weaker PB titles. Well thats my two cents worth anyway.
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

MrMom wrote:After much debateing i finally ordered it and got it about four days ago. While I thought that the art was great the content (for me at least) was a little lackluster. Now dont get me wrong i am not complaing I just thought that it would have had a little more pop to it other than (We dont know what caused the zombies). The multiple causes is nice it gives the players and GM room to move but over all I think that it was one of the weaker PB titles. Well thats my two cents worth anyway.

If you're looking for a potential cause check out the Rifter #45. IMHO that scenario makes DR a MUCH better game than what was made. (It's also similar to what Citizen Lazlo wrote :D )

Return to “Dead Reign™”