Rune smith question

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Rune smith question

Unread post by Library Ogre »

It has not yet been published, and likely will not.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Severite »

Mark Hall wrote:It has not yet been published, and likely will not.

I wonder why, actually? The same for the Alchemist......yes, its unlikely player characters will ever achieve, but it the game runs long enough, why cant they achieve something an NPC can, as long as they go through the same hoops.
domus est itire cum etiam tenebrae sordida
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

I remember someone working on it in a forum, you light look it up and contact the person.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Ogrebane1 wrote:Does anyone know where to find the Rune smith O.C.C. I have looked through many books but could not find it. Thank-you in advance.

1) The Asgardian Dwarfs in Pantheon of the Megaverse.

2) Sploggys (WB2 - Atlantis).

3) Some Gods in PFRPG's Dragons & Gods.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Starmage21
Adventurer

Unread post by Starmage21 »

Severite wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:It has not yet been published, and likely will not.

I wonder why, actually? The same for the Alchemist......yes, its unlikely player characters will ever achieve, but it the game runs long enough, why cant they achieve something an NPC can, as long as they go through the same hoops.

ME :D

Ive got the fluffy parts worked out. Just no crunchy mechanics yet.
Starmage21
Adventurer

killgore wrote:
Starmage21 wrote:Ive got the fluffy parts worked out. Just no crunchy mechanics yet.

Personally, I've altered rune weapons/rune smiths to be more like the Dioblists of PFRPG. I dislike the way they're done in the general game.
That having been said, you might check out the Mystic Kusnich (spelled wrong, Mystic Russia).

The way mine was working out, theyre really good with TW stuff, but theyre melee combatants primarily focused on their personal rune weapons that they start with (according to the asgardian rune smith dwarves)
Starmage21
Adventurer

Grimjack wrote:i think it is effectively described in both a) the pantheons of the megaverse or b) one of those phase world books that describes the united worlds of warlock. at the end of the day, all you get is a skill list, and two rune weapons (greater and lesser) and an ability to assess the level of a given rune item, lesser, greater, and greatest.

basically say that you're not going to be making rune weapons as a player character, although i suppose you can try.

Yep, it was my intent to introduce alot of "tricks of the trade" that runesmiths could apply, because adventurers just dont have the time to create a fully-functional rune item.
londonbaz

Unread post by londonbaz »

SB4: Coalition Navy has the Nuhr Dwarves practicing a form of rune smithery, and says just use a slightly altered Mystic Kuznya O.C.C. for the skills and abilities. I dont think that PC crafted Rune weapons are within the purview of the game, and I think that this is intentional.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”