Bio-Regeneration (Super) with MDC beings

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Bio-Regeneration (Super) with MDC beings

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Burulovesyou wrote:So, some MDC creatures (such as the Lanotaur) get Bio-Regeneration (super) as a psionic, yet this psi restores 4d6 hit points and 4d6 sdc at the end of a minute. For an MDC creature would this restore 8d6 MDC?

According to the main book, MDC restores just as if it were HP, not SDC, so they use only the HP restoration rates of psionic abilities.

Personally, I find it better, in practice, to merge SDC and HP for restorative purposes.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Burulovesyou wrote:Thanks :). Does this apply to all the healing psi's that don't specifically state an MD equivalence?

yes
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Rogue_Scientist wrote:For lower level psionics and spells, I just add the HP and SDC and divide by 2 to get the MDC amount. For higher level spells, and OCC abilities like ley line regeneration, I do a 1:1 conversion.

I find the differences rather silly, and choose to interpret the actual spells/psionics as abilities that increase the natural healing abilities of the target. Therefore, MD beings heal MD, and SDC beings heal HP and SDC.

I usually only do the HP value, and ignore the SDC value.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”