Faerie Dance

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Faerie Dance

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

it in the PF2 main book page 206.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Burulovesyou wrote:Thanks. So question number two, none of their magic costs them ppe, yet under the faerie dance spell desc in the common faerie ability section it has (6 ppe) next to it. Does this count as an ability or something for them instead of a spell and therefore cost ppe or...?

If they are using their natural magic, they do not use up any of their personal PPE.

The invocation faerie dance is a emulation of the faeries' natural ability.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

did you notice I wrote two sentences?

canon answer
when fairies cast their natural magic they do not use any of their own PPE. Rather they use the PPE from their surroundings.

my opinion: supplemental to the canon answer
they only use their personal PPE when casting magic spells they have learned. i.e. invocations, chi magic, line drawings, etc...
-------------------------------------------
the essensce of what RCB1r says
if a non-faerie enters a faerie ring while faeries are having their dance,the non-faerie is compelled to join in the dance till it is over or till the faeries decide to let the non-faerie leave the dance, or is pulled from the dance by people outside the dance. The magic of a faeries dance is equal to a ritual with a save vs 16. it only takes one faerie to activate the magic of the faerie ring. but the magic only affects non-faeries. Faerie circles can be used for other spells too.

since it mentions that faerie dances can last for weeks, I would say as long as there are faeries there dancing after the spell has been activated the duration would be indefinent.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

wind rush is not cast on a person, it's effects are targeted at a person, so a faerie can cast wind rush & target the same person indeffenently.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”