Deevils and Demons why so little MDC?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Talavar
Hero

Re: Deevils and Demons why so little MDC?

Unread post by Talavar »

Adult dragons are meant to be the pinnacles of creatures of magic - that makes them closer to demon lords & gods than the run of the mill demon.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

imo it is becasue dragons are overpowered not that devils are underpowered.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

I don't remember where any of the material implied that demons/deevils were supposed to be the be all/end all of villians. As the only Palladium game I've encountered them in is Rifts, my understanding was that they were feared mostly because of their numbers. Whereas dragons have always been equating as near-godlike power levels. Dragons even have the respect of the splugorth in ways that d/d's can only dream.

As an aside, are they planning on publishing a book on the hosts of light? It would be interesting to see some counterpoint to their current cut 'n' paste marketing plan.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Lesser demons are just that-lesser. They wreak havoc amoung non-powered non-MDC armed humans like the plauge.

go to a village where there's maybe 2 guys with L-20 laser rifles and Hutsman armor in a 40 mile radius. That Succubus is suddenly a lot more useful.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Rogue_Scientist wrote:There are demons who are still quite powerful. Raksashas come immediately to mind, as creatures with thousands of MDC, magic, and full psionics, but there are others.

That was a mistake fixed in later books, Raksasha have 1D6x100+500 MDC(as opposed to the 1D6x1000+500 they used to). Now, the Maggots, they still have 1D4x1000 MDC.

The Deevils? None over 1000. Sorry Mephisto. :D
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

I think the biggest problem you're having is with the M.D.C. Compare the gargoyles attributes, P.P.E. and magic knowledge, their I.S.P. and psionic ability, and lastly their natural abilities to other demons.
Just because "The Fridge" (former Chicago Bears football player famous for his size) is a big dude, doesn't make him more qualified to run I.B.M.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
AzathothXy
Adventurer

What are the chances the Deevil Lord Antipator makes a comeback in the new Dyval book?
:P
There is only a small amount of info about him, but he sounded cool. A full write up on him at full power would be cool.
The Nuclear Chaos
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Demons and devils are not only dangerous because they are tough, but also because they are clever. A smart creature can beat raw power, or else why don't elephants run the world?
AzathothXy
Adventurer

AlanGunhouse wrote:Demons and devils are not only dangerous because they are tough, but also because they are clever. A smart creature can beat raw power, or else why don't elephants run the world?

They do.But they let us enjoy the illusion that we run things.
The Nuclear Chaos
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

AzathothXy wrote:
AlanGunhouse wrote:Demons and devils are not only dangerous because they are tough, but also because they are clever. A smart creature can beat raw power, or else why don't elephants run the world?

You are in violation of Article 12, section 423 of the Overlords Associates Program. Further communication about elephants will result in revocation of all privleges under section B12(a).
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
AzathothXy wrote:

You are in violation of Article 12, section 423 of the Overlords Associates Program. Further communication about elephants will result in revocation of all privleges under section B12(a).

:eek:
I know nothing!
The Nuclear Chaos

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”