Atlantean PPE & RUE

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Atlantean PPE & RUE

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

No

Only LLW's do.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Uh, wasn't this kind of rift network that f'd up Atlantis and Earth eons ago? pg. 13-14 WB2 Atlantis.
Unless you just intend to open a rift big enough to send a spaceship through. In that case, you might want to consider the double pyarmid system. Two pyramids are placed close together, and the rift opens between them.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

gadrin wrote:Yeah, it was a stretch, I guess I'm dwelling too much on their ability to gather PPE in Pyramids PLUS the LL phasing ability.

I'm trying to decide if an Atlantean can create a Rift in a Pyramid and then a second and move items (like a Phase World starship) between the two Rifts in more or less one take. I know it takes time to gather PPE.

>

Simple enough , Make sure that at the point of origin for the starship there is a Stone pyramid .

The Atlantean is obviously a stone master .. right ?

That way he can easily open up two Rifts right at the pyramids and with enough PPE he could fit nearly any ship in the phaseworld setting threw it .

The prob is , who is going to allow that to happen once they realize what the Atlantean is trying to do ?
Khanibal
Hero

gadrin wrote:Anyone who can open a Rift can equalize pressure or give the Rift a slight "seal" that's permeable, so that the same guy can't open a Rift to the Sun and bake everyone nearbly in a melee or two; to me that's part of the "can't make an ultimate weapon out of something benign", ruleset to keep any munchkins at bay. Back you dogs!

I can't quote chapter and verse here, but hasn't it been printed that rifts are environmentally sealed already?
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

It has; I believe it was Underseas, making the point "You can't open a Rift to the bottom of the ocean and drown everyone, nor can you open a Rift to a desert and dry out all the fish."

I allow a little bit of atmosphere, but not enough to be harmful to either side (so a Rift to the bottom of the ocean would leak a bit of salt water, but it's not going to drown the world; a link to Hades may have a bit of sulphur-stink, but it won't kill anyone, even in a sealed room).
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Khanibal
Hero

Read Dimensional Portal goes a looonng way, and should be standard issue equipment for any group.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”