I need help fleshing out a PA setting

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

I need help fleshing out a PA setting

Unread post by Severite »

I have a homebrew game I have been playing, in which the PC's have brought about the end of the world as we know it through basically Biblical means..... though it is more the spirit of the subject matter then the literal translation of the Bible. The Players released a big evil who went to fight with the creater, leaving the PC who did the releasing trapped in the other world which happened to be contained under the boughs of a particular apple tree that held all knowledge of the unverse as an NPC.

The rest of the PC's run away having said "no" to escape the badness now unleashed on the world, which was no longer being held back by the natural protective forces of the world (monster, faerie, and, assorted non-friendlies), and go to Rome. While there the PC turned NPC shows up, and demands the rest of the party to be turned over for vengence purposes, and more or less ends up defeated over the course of more adventures, leaving him trapped in the prison of the apple tree, the Big Evil is cast down, and essentially mortal, and the creater has removed himself from the world.

When the initial badness happened 96% of the world places were obliterated, and only 6% of the population survived. The players will be creating characters that are descendants of their current characters.

The world has magic which is ripping apart reality to your will, Chi which is a natural "bending" of the natural laws (ninja's, etc......) psychics which affect are sensitives, (with an added ability such as telekinessis, pyrokinessis, etc) and monster races who have various abilities depending on race/type.
domus est itire cum etiam tenebrae sordida
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: I need help fleshing out a PA setting

Unread post by Spinachcat »

There was an RPG called Armageddon:the End Times by Carella / Eden Studios that may be worth a look for ideas.

"96% of world places were obliterated" - puts you in a tough situation because there is so little for the PCs to recognize in the game setting. Thus, I suggest picking out the not-obliterated cities so they can become focal points.

"6% of the world population" is also tough. 6,706,993,152 (July 2008) is the current estimate for the population so 6% is 402,419,589. 400 million sounds good, but the current density is 1.15 per square mile and 6% would make it 6.9 per 100 square miles. California's current density is 234 per square mile and if we had only 6% then we have 14 people per square mile.

That's a long way between meeting anyone. Personally, I like low population post-apocalypse settings (when I run Rifts, I consider all canon numbers to be propaganda and rumor), but that may not work for everyone.
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: I need help fleshing out a PA setting

Unread post by Severite »

Spinachcat wrote:There was an RPG called Armageddon:the End Times by Carella / Eden Studios that may be worth a look for ideas.

"96% of world places were obliterated" - puts you in a tough situation because there is so little for the PCs to recognize in the game setting. Thus, I suggest picking out the not-obliterated cities so they can become focal points.

"6% of the world population" is also tough. 6,706,993,152 (July 2008) is the current estimate for the population so 6% is 402,419,589. 400 million sounds good, but the current density is 1.15 per square mile and 6% would make it 6.9 per 100 square miles. California's current density is 234 per square mile and if we had only 6% then we have 14 people per square mile.

That's a long way between meeting anyone. Personally, I like low population post-apocalypse settings (when I run Rifts, I consider all canon numbers to be propaganda and rumor), but that may not work for everyone.

Most of the people will be centered in cities/surrounding arable land, the rest having turned into wasteland to one degree or another.

I am thinking of giving them a choice of either the US are which will be ruins with almost no arable land, or Europe which will have incredibly verdant area's with sahara style borders, but I have been playing way too much Fallout 2 lately and Fallout 3 before that, so my head isn't working the way it should
domus est itire cum etiam tenebrae sordida

Return to “G.M.s Forum”