Cross Palladium-Game Psionic Power Choices

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Cross Palladium-Game Psionic Power Choices

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Greetings. I am posting this here as it is about Cross-Palladium Game Powers: If I have a Mind Melter from Rifts and he goes to (Nightbane's) Earth after Dark Day, and learns of new Psionic Powers he has never heard of before, like: Astral Navigation, and Super Charge (both from Beyond the Shadows), can he choose those powers at his next Level? What about the reverse: An Astral Lord goes to Rifts Earth and finds out about Ectoplasmic Diguise(Physical) and Sense Dimensional Anomoly(Sensitive), could he learn those as he goes up in Level?

Note: If this needs to moved to Psionics, I understand.
Thanks, GaredBattlespike:Headhunter
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Cross Palladium-Game Psionic Power Choices

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

GaredBattlespike wrote:Greetings. I am posting this here as it is about Cross-Palladium Game Powers: If I have a Mind Melter from Rifts and he goes to (Nightbane's) Earth after Dark Day, and learns of new Psionic Powers he has never heard of before, like: Astral Navigation, and Super Charge (both from Beyond the Shadows), can he choose those powers at his next Level? What about the reverse: An Astral Lord goes to Rifts Earth and finds out about Ectoplasmic Diguise(Physical) and Sense Dimensional Anomoly(Sensitive), could he learn those as he goes up in Level?

Note: If this needs to moved to Psionics, I understand.
Thanks, GaredBattlespike:Headhunter

Yes.

Heck, There's nothing saying you even need to go to another dimension to learn them. I put all psionics form all books in one giant pool any PC can pick from regardless of setting.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Yes.

Heck, There's nothing saying you even need to go to another dimension to learn them. I put all psionics form all books in one giant pool any PC can pick from regardless of setting.

Ditto

except for ones I don't allow anyways.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Yes.

Ditto

Outta curiosity, which are those?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Yes.

Ditto

Outta curiosity, which are those?

I cannot speak for Drew but some Psionics (IMO) are not appropriate for all settings...
EG: the Tele-mechanics psionics in Palladium Fantasy.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

DM> I'd let the player give his char an inappropiate power.... would serve that player right for being stupid.

NS> convert ISP to PPE comes to mind for ones I don't allow. (whatever name they gave it)
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Thanks, folks!

The idea of putting all psionics into one big choice-pool is a good idea,drewkitty. I like it. It's simple to the point of elegance. Now I wonder "Why didn't I think of that?"...Then I remember, I'm just a Headhunter, not a brainiac. Still...One thing: Nighsp-err, um...Nightbane has the
powers in a slightly different Catagory System, Master instead of Super-although I doubt it makes any real difference.

All in all, for those who helped me, :hug: :ok: Thank you.
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

the classification system in NS was changed with the 2nd nb book to come in line with rest of the PB megaverse.
I would only use classifications found in the main book with the The Psychic PCC.

other Psi powers I would not allow for regular psi's to pick out of are the race specific psi powers in Rifts south america two. A player might be able to talk their way into using them for a HU psi char, but that is all the exceptions I'd allow.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”