Landships in Rifts...feasible?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Landships in Rifts...feasible?

Unread post by The Beast »

I'd just like to point out that anyone operating one near the CS would likely become a major target of theirs. I'm basing this off of how the CS responds to the Air Castle bomber and the Sea King cruiser (I think that's the one).
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

it would depend on what it does i think. the CS's main beef with the Air Castle was that it was a hevy bomber packing a high bomb load. the kind of load that could flatten most CS outposts and bases.

a landship designed for a support role, not a combat roles (like say, a mobile field base or a cargo transport) probably would draw the Cs's ire unless the group using it is actively fighting against the CS.

a landship designed to be basically a big RV probably wouldn't get on the "shoot on sight" list.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

It would be on the watch carefully list, but no, as long as it was not carrying heavy hardware or housing a company of glitterboys, it wouldn't get shot on sight. It would be told to turn away from anywhere the CS claimed and controlled though, not that this is exactly restricting. In fact I could see any number of concerns making a landship specifically to go into the southwest and eventually mexico, so as to make a definate survey. Not saying how far it would get, but it would be the sort of thing the CS might not shoot on site as long as it steered clear of their territory.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Those were some great links. Thank you for sharing them. Those grav tanks from Renegade legion were just that Grav tanks. They could deploy from orbit on their own. That was the usual tactic was just that.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®”