No new BTS in '09...

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: No new BTS in '09...

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

mrloucifer wrote:Play CoC- Not sure what this is unfortunately.

Call of Cthulhu one of the best RPG made.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
mrloucifer wrote:Play CoC- Not sure what this is unfortunately.

Call of Cthulhu one of the best RPG made.

DOH! :oops:
Thats funny... Ive played it many a time in the past, but NO ONE here ever reffered to it as CoC. That being said it is indeed great inspiration for BTS.

I thought about this game in fact, but since H.P. Lovecraft was already mentioned I guess I assumed CoC was included. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I think Kevin should take both of the planned books put them together as one book, add some conversion notes for Dead Reign, Rifts, Heroes, Nightbane and even Splicers. Give it a Dark Conversion type theme and now it could be used as a companion book for all the book lines. Please don't forget about us Kevin :?
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Call of Cthulhu would probably be more frequently mentioned if Cthulhu were easier to spell.

I've only ever sat in on one CoC game, and that was a short convention game. I liked it, but it wasn't anything special to me. There are some interesting CoC games which have been recorded for the netcast Yog Radio. I particularly liked the game session which was set in the Iraqi desert.

After reading several Lovecraft stories last year, I wrote my own adventure loosely based upon The Colour Out of Space. Character creation for Madness of Cthulhu got a little more complex than I wanted, but I was pleased with the adventure. I titled it, Hainted Holler. I was experimenting with the second addition C.O.R.E. rules at the time, and I was pleased with the result -- even if no one ever read it. It's over yonder. C.O.R.E. and derived materials are all Open Source (under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States license), so use it as you like.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”