Most Fun Game

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Re: Most Fun Game

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

If you get a chance, join El Magico's anything he runs.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Galen wrote:Hey all!
It's good to be back on the boards, it's been a long time since I haunted these hallowed boards.

I wanted to know what games you had the most fun in last OH and share the games that I enjoyed the most.

I played a dog boy (Tremble) in a CS vs Xictix game where we invaded a hive in order to get samples from the queen. That game was cool. The GM had a cave system built and Xictix miniatures complete with props, mmmm mini-eggs. I can't remember who ran it, but after that one we crashed his BTS game which was equally awesome.
Then we had to beg him for a ride back to the hotel - THANKS, whoever you are. I owe you a drink this year.

Glad you enjoyed my games, thank you for your kind words, I know I enjoyed running them. You are welcome for the ride, we may have to see about that drink :D . One of the many things I enjoy about the OH is the quality of the players, always a challenge to GMs and helps to make the game enjoyable for everyone involved.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Galen wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:If you get a chance, join El Magico's anything he runs.

I will. I didn't even realize he was there last OH. I used to read his recounts of what his group did. Sounded like a pretty intense game. It would be great to get in with him this year.
Yeah, me too. I've been in two online NB games of his and one NB game at OH. He's awesome and hilarious.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Irvin's Nightbane game was loads of fun, and Julius Rosenstein's BtS adventure is an instant classic.

Since Irvin won't be making it this year (at last check), I can only suggest Julius for this year from personal experience. From observation and anecdote, though, I can suggest Jim "Reelman" Brown, "Madman" Mike Leonard, Josh Hilden, John "Xar" Adams, and Jason Marker as awesome GMs. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Warwolf wrote:Irvin's Nightbane game was loads of fun, and Julius Rosenstein's BtS adventure is an instant classic.

Since Irvin won't be making it this year (at last check), I can only suggest Julius for this year from personal experience. From observation and anecdote, though, I can suggest Jim "Reelman" Brown, "Madman" Mike Leonard, Josh Hilden, John "Xar" Adams, and Jason Marker as awesome GMs. :)
Then we'll resume his game in 10.
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Galen wrote:
Warwolf wrote:Irvin's Nightbane game was loads of fun, and Julius Rosenstein's BtS adventure is an instant classic.

Since Irvin won't be making it this year (at last check), I can only suggest Julius for this year from personal experience. From observation and anecdote, though, I can suggest Jim "Reelman" Brown, "Madman" Mike Leonard, Josh Hilden, John "Xar" Adams, and Jason Marker as awesome GMs.

Sweet - thanks Warwolf :D
I played with Reelman and Josh last OH and they were excellent with fun and dynamic games, and of course Julius' games would be great - he's like a legend! I will have to look for the Madman, Xar and Jason this year!

Can't wait!!
(Is it too early to be geekin' out about this?)

1) Julius GMed for Kev back in the day... he IS a legend of sorts. :lol:
2) No, it's not to early to be excited about the OH, some people have been excited about it since the tickets went on sale last year.
3) I am absent-minded and mis-categorized Xar. I have actually played in a couple of his games and had a good deal of fun in the process. :)

See you there, Galen.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Well, since I have never played in a game at the OH and only run them, I can only recommend some GM greatness that I experienced elsewhere.

In no particular order:

Julius, his games are a must, nuff said.
Jason Marker, Awesome GM, super props, great story teller, I would play whatever he ran, sight unseen!
Carmen Bellaire, prepare to die in a spectacular manner but you will have a great time.
Apocalypse Zero, fantastic storyteller, highly detailed intricate plots and story line, he will challenge you to be a better player.

All of the OH GMs are great and run really fun games but these are the GMs I played with and really enjoy their games.

Diane (Mrs. Reelman) recommends Jason Richards, she said he runs some really awesome Chaos Earth games but I think she is partial to ironed blue jeans! Nothing but love Jason.

P.S. Thanks for all the kind words!
erc1971
Wanderer

Unread post by erc1971 »

Reelman wrote:
Galen wrote:Hey all!
It's good to be back on the boards, it's been a long time since I haunted these hallowed boards.

I wanted to know what games you had the most fun in last OH and share the games that I enjoyed the most.

I played a dog boy (Tremble) in a CS vs Xictix game where we invaded a hive in order to get samples from the queen. That game was cool. The GM had a cave system built and Xictix miniatures complete with props, mmmm mini-eggs. I can't remember who ran it, but after that one we crashed his BTS game which was equally awesome.
Then we had to beg him for a ride back to the hotel - THANKS, whoever you are. I owe you a drink this year.

Glad you enjoyed my games, thank you for your kind words, I know I enjoyed running them. You are welcome for the ride, we may have to see about that drink :D . One of the many things I enjoy about the OH is the quality of the players, always a challenge to GMs and helps to make the game enjoyable for everyone involved.

I have played in one of James Brown's games each Open House - they are always a blast, and I always recommend them ;) I am going to be looking for another this year as well.

Eric
RIFTS..."It's ****ing Brilliant!" Kevin Sembieda May 5th 2006
Attended Palladium Open House, May 6th 2006, May 4th and 5th 2007, April 30th 2009, May 2nd 2009
Palladium Unofficial Employee
Kevin Siembieda to me during the big move: "Eric, you are a god!"
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Shucks, man, you're too kind. *passes Mark $5 under the table*

I will echo everyone else. Julius is teh awesome as a GM. Also, the Warwolf himself is a great GM. I hope to play in some Nightbaney goodness under him soon.
I was at a table next to NMI's game once and it sounded like everyone was having a blast. Braden Campbell still sets the bar as the best GM I've played under from a storytelling perspective.

Dark Brandon ran a cool BTS2 game at the first OH that I still remember fondly. In it, Ed Emmer's character had a glorious self-sacrificing death that literally saved the world. That was so much fun!
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I just committed to running a Phase World Adventure at our local CogCon next weekend; if it goes well I'll probably run it again at the Open House.

As long as it doesn't conflict with Whatever Game Julius runs first!

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Xar wrote:

Shucks, man, you're too kind. *passes Mark $5 under the table*

I will echo everyone else. Julius is teh awesome as a GM. Also, the Warwolf himself is a great GM. I hope to play in some Nightbaney goodness under him soon.
I was at a table next to NMI's game once and it sounded like everyone was having a blast. Braden Campbell still sets the bar as the best GM I've played under from a storytelling perspective.

Dark Brandon ran a cool BTS2 game at the first OH that I still remember fondly. In it, Ed Emmer's character had a glorious self-sacrificing death that literally saved the world. That was so much fun!

Yea. Bray, Da-Man. From a storytelling perspective he is exactly what you can expect from an actor and playwright. He also has 20+ years as a palladium (rifts particularly) GM.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

I'm just wanting to know where Braden's afterhours Space Pirate game is going to be and when. That was enjoyable, even for a non-pirate.

This year I'm only doing the CCG Tourney (no Rules and Deck Building Seminar this year) and a HU/AU game so I can leave more time open to playing. Although, I have thrown my hat out there for any group that needs a GM for any game.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.

Return to “Palladium Open House”