Looking for a way to create regenerating Armor

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

tomiecat23
D-Bee

Looking for a way to create regenerating Armor

Unread post by tomiecat23 »

I'm playing in a high powered game and would like to know if there is a way for my techno-wiz. to make MDC "or sdc" armor that regenerates be it every hour or day etc. money and spell knowlage is not a problem except no Spells of legend. and this will be a set I would be waring or selling. for more income. I have about 6 months "game time" to kill before next misson or He gets left behind

Thanks

Tom
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Looking for a way to create regenerating Armor

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

if it derives it's MDC from Invincible Armor it would regenerate at that spells rate.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

TW...hum...

Invincible armor works...

Though, most TW items have to be "charged" to use...TW really arn't alchemists thus their magic doesn't really last forever without expendature of PPE/ISP

As such, any armor spell would work though you'd have to put PPE into it to recharge it.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

tomiecat23 wrote:I'm playing in a high powered game and would like to know if there is a way for my techno-wiz. to make MDC "or sdc" armor that regenerates be it every hour or day etc. money and spell knowlage is not a problem except no Spells of legend. and this will be a set I would be waring or selling. for more income. I have about 6 months "game time" to kill before next misson or He gets left behind

Thanks

Tom
Make up a scenario by which you get yourself and your PCs to the Palladium World.

They have relatively easily-accessed (if incredibly expensive) Lost Magicks that you just can't find on Rifts Earth or just about anywhere else.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1) TW does not auto-anything, there at least has to be a command from the outside for it to work.

ideas
wood armor: create wood, Iron wood, mend the broken for the armor itself.
w/TW attachments: chamilion, targeted deflection, see the invisable
w/tech attachments: MOHelmet &[ maybe a sword clamp for storing your favorate death bring on the back of the armor]
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Make the armor a golem.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
tomiecat23
D-Bee

Unread post by tomiecat23 »

Thanks for the ideas. I'm not looking for Auto regen. the activation does not bother me.

And how would i make something so a non magic user could use it. the ppe clips maybe?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

tomiecat23 wrote:Thanks for the ideas. I'm not looking for Auto regen. the activation does not bother me.

And how would i make something so a non magic user could use it. the ppe clips maybe?

The only way to allow a non-magic user to use any TW device is to make it fuled by the Life Source spell. Meaning instead of PPE it drains HP/SDC and can kill you if you use it without enough left.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Have a PFRPG style alchemist enchat it to regenrate.IIRC, armor so enchanted restores 10 S.D.C. per hour, as long as total S.D.C. stays above zero. So MDC armor should restore 10 MDC an hour, if you allow the enchantment.
Last edited by AzathothXy on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Multiple cascading effects; when MDC of outer layer gets to X, the next layer activates. Doesn't recharge so much as renew, and is a pain to keep charged with PPE.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Ajax wrote:Actually that's not true NS. There are plenty of TW items that can be used by non Mages/Psychics. Pretty much anyone with enough PPE or ISP can use use TW items, look at the CityRat and the Samurai OCCs neither are mages or psychics by class yet both can use TW items if they have the PPE for it. Any TW-Item that holds a charge and doesn't have an activation spell restrictor can be used by anyone that picks it up.

Where does it say that city rats and samurai can use them?

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Ajax wrote:Actually that's not true NS. There are plenty of TW items that can be used by non Mages/Psychics. Pretty much anyone with enough PPE or ISP can use use TW items, look at the City Rat and the Samurai OCCs neither are mages or psychics by class yet both can use TW items if they have the PPE for it. Any TW-Item that holds a charge and doesn't have an activation spell restrictor can be used by anyone that picks it up.

Only TW stuff that is specifically made to be used by anybody, can be used by anybody.
To use regular TW stuff you have to be a Mage, Psi, ISP user(eg: phase adepts) or PPE user. (Chi user classes found in N&S and MC are considered PPE users.)
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Ajax wrote:Actually that's not true NS. There are plenty of TW items that can be used by non Mages/Psychics. Pretty much anyone with enough PPE or ISP can use use TW items, look at the CityRat and the Samurai OCCs neither are mages or psychics by class yet both can use TW items if they have the PPE for it. Any TW-Item that holds a charge and doesn't have an activation spell restrictor can be used by anyone that picks it up.

Where does it say that city rats and samurai can use them?

RUE under the city rat I believe.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Starmage21
Adventurer

Unread post by Starmage21 »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Ajax wrote:Actually that's not true NS. There are plenty of TW items that can be used by non Mages/Psychics. Pretty much anyone with enough PPE or ISP can use use TW items, look at the City Rat and the Samurai OCCs neither are mages or psychics by class yet both can use TW items if they have the PPE for it. Any TW-Item that holds a charge and doesn't have an activation spell restrictor can be used by anyone that picks it up.

Only TW stuff that is specifically made to be used by anybody, can be used by anybody.
To use regular TW stuff you have to be a Mage, Psi, ISP user(eg: phase adepts) or PPE user. (Chi user classes found in N&S and MC are considered PPE users.)

Still requires the beleif in magic to make them work.

I agree that TW items should be usable by anyone so long as theyre charged with PPE. Otherwise, why invent PPE clips at all?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Starmage21 wrote:Still requires the belief in magic to make them work.

I agree that TW items should be usable by anyone so long as they are charged with PPE. Otherwise, why invent PPE clips at all?

If it's made for any one to use then it has to have a physical initiator, so everyone can use it. So as long as the 'use by anybody' TW stuff is charged, they can be used by anybody.
Besides, belief is easy when someone grows up in a world with evidence of it. Its the putting your faith in such,that is hard.
(sort of like the difference in just believing in God and actually putting your faith in Him)

Thou, nega-psi would probably be unable to make it work because of the class's unshakable belief that magic is so much bedtime stories.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

silverlb wrote:How about having it auto heal itself whenever PPE is available, like on a Leyline. Use heal wounds and disable device together so that heal targets the armour instead of flesh. Then as PPE floats in from the Leyline, the suit will eat it up and heal every however long. It you want to power Heal wounds without the disable device, it would heal you.

Because then it would be just Magic armor, not TW armor.
Astral_Explorer
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Astral_Explorer »

In the original rulebook there was a crystal plate armor the Techno Wizards could make.
If you cast Armor of Ithan and I think 150 PPE it completely healed the armor.

You could make something like this. Perhaps have them regenerate if left on a ley line.
In a way like the Battery powered armors that need to be charged by a powerplant are recharged.

Also since a few TW items let you cast a spell multiple times or over a duration with a charge you could possibly create an armor with Armor of Ithan or other defensive armor spell that holds a charge. Maybe you pump 50 PPE into it and each time you press a button the Armor of Ithan or other spell engages.

Like Multiple shots on numerous TW Weapons.
Proud Member of the Coalition States Postal Service !!!

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

You need to reread the RUE description of technowizardry.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
cchopps
Adventurer

Unread post by cchopps »

silverlb wrote:How about having it auto heal itself whenever PPE is available, like on a Leyline. Use heal wounds and disable device together so that heal targets the armour instead of flesh. Then as PPE floats in from the Leyline, the suit will eat it up and heal every however long. It you want to power Heal wounds without the disable device, it would heal you.

Mend the Broken. 5th level Invocation could be easily TW'd for that purpose I'd think.

C. Chopps
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

cchopps wrote:

Mend the Broken. 5th level Invocation could be easily TW'd for that purpose I'd think.

C. Chopps

With 1 MDC for 30 PPE its a posibility but you would have to significantly lower the activation cost with an excess of gems.

I don't feel like checking but I'm sure it would be expensive to build with a really low activation cost, and even if its 1 PPE for 1 MDC healed it would still require a significantly large PPE input from the wearer... unless it somehow siphoned it off a Ley Line directly or drank the life of its opponents for its regeneration :demon:.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

I believe natives of Arzno can be added to that list. As there's nothing specifically unique to Arzno folk, you could probably extend it to "mundanes" who've been surrounded by TW'dry since birth, but that should be rare in my book and GM's should parse character backgrounds for cheesiness justifying their character's TW use.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Thinyser wrote:...unless it somehow siphoned it off a Ley Line directly or drank the life of its opponents for its regeneration :demon:.

This is a great idea (see bolded text). If it was TW armor, then I'd incorporate the spell Life Drain to facilitate that effect.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

WB Arzno says anybody that grew up using TW items keeps being able to use them as adults

so anybody regardless of OCC can use TW if they grew up in Lazlo Dweonor or any other magic community
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

tomiecat23 wrote:I'm playing in a high powered game and would like to know if there is a way for my techno-wiz. to make MDC "or sdc" armor that regenerates be it every hour or day etc. money and spell knowlage is not a problem except no Spells of legend. and this will be a set I would be waring or selling. for more income. I have about 6 months "game time" to kill before next misson or He gets left behind

Thanks

Tom

TW Regenerating Armor

Cost: 12.5 million credits
Spells needed:
-Invincible Armor (M.D.C. and regenerative abilities)
-Sub-Particle Acceleration (power source for initial fueling of spells)
-Mend the broken (links the "magical" to the "physical" healing of armor from Invincible armor)
-Power Weapon (converted to boost regenerative abilities)
-****special**** Enchant weapon (minor) (converted to work on armor, essentially makes the armor a "magical" item more so than TW. No P.P.E. is needed to fuel the armor once it is created...has a "per day" usage...only the process of creating the armor is "TW".)
Materials needed: Full suit plated armor (of pure metal), (4) diamonds, wiring
Time to create: 6 months (1/2 the time with at least one additional 13th level TW helping)

M.D.C.:
-helm=70 (120)
-main body=200 (350)
-arms=80 (110)
-legs=100 (150)
*number in () equals the value once the armor is "activated"...total value NOT additional (i.e. MB=350 when activated not 550)

This enchanted, TW, armor is naturally an MDC construct, but gains additional shielding and regenerative properties once activated (4x's per day for 1 hour). The armor regens 2D4 per minute, but only to it's "core" value not the additional shielding when activated. Since it is effectively a magical item any intelligent creature can use it as long as they are given instruction.

(note:) the core value can be reduced up to -50 before being utterly destroyed. At -50 to -1 a TW MUST be found to restore the armor....cost to restore...2 million.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I like the thought put into this armor suit and the TW behind it.

I would limit it's per day useage to 1 or 2 (considering how alchemist devices are usually 3x per day). I'd also scrap the core reduction into the negatives, unless you're trying to say that the armor won't regenerate past 50 points of damage TO THE CORE. That would be an interesting stipulation.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

could just find a alchemist to train you from the western empire and learn to enchant

Regenerating Armor (S.D.C.): A very expensive and rare
magical attribute, since few Alchemists can add this feature to
armor. Damage done to the armor is magically restored/regenerated
at a rate of 10 S.D.C. per hour. If the armor is destroyed, reduced
to zero S.D.C., the enchantment is broken and the armor
is worthless scrap metal. Note: Applicable only to metal armor
from chain to plate. Cost: 200,000 gold; pg 158 the western empire

that seems like the eaqsiest one
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Rifts WB: #14 has a Technowizard "Robot" Horse that can regenerate over a period of time, but still needs to be topped off with PPE occassionally.
Metathiax

Unread post by Metathiax »

Use bio-wizardry to convert a MDC being that regenerates into armor

Biomancy Armor regenerates as well but is less fun
Metathiax

Unread post by Metathiax »

sHaka wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

I believe natives of Arzno can be added to that list. As there's nothing specifically unique to Arzno folk, you could probably extend it to "mundanes" who've been surrounded by TW'dry since birth, but that should be rare in my book and GM's should parse character backgrounds for cheesiness justifying their character's TW use.

The official ruling sense RUE is that ANYONE with enough ISP or PPE can use TW items unless the technowizard that created it used a trigger lock spell to force the casting of a particular spell in order to activate the item.

In addition some people raised in magic using societies have extra PPE into adulthood even if they are not magic users to allow the easier use of tw items.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Metathiax wrote:The official ruling sense RUE is that ANYONE with enough ISP or PPE can use TW items unless the technowizard that created it used a trigger lock spell to force the casting of a particular spell in order to activate the item.

Page?column? Paragraph?
Crazy Lou
Hero

Unread post by Crazy Lou »

Killer Cyborg wrote:Make the armor a golem.

I would never have thought of this, but I really really like the idea!
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -- Seneca The Younger
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Need a new spell for that I think. You also might want to take a look as Dweomer automatons.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Metathiax wrote:The official ruling sense RUE is that ANYONE with enough ISP or PPE can use TW items unless the technowizard that created it used a trigger lock spell to force the casting of a particular spell in order to activate the item.

Page?column? Paragraph?

RUE pg. 132 right column.

Additionally, however, BoM pg. 21 right column (F.A.Q. Who can use TW items?) states that anyone that is open to the supernatural can operate a TW device. I assume that means that it's charged and/or ppe clip, and the person 100% believes that when they pull the trigger, it will work.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”