Dedicated Martial Artist

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Dedicated Martial Artist

Unread post by Yendor »

Depends on how your GM does it, but it is meant as both start as first level. I could be wrong though in my interpretation. As for Dedicated Martial Artist, clear it with the GM if he/she is using 1st edition N&SS or Revised (1st edition, they could take 3 forms total, 1 exclusive, 2 non-exclusive, or 3 non-exclusive, etc.).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Lokhai wrote:When looking at the DMA it says that I can take "two (2) complete Martial Art Forms" Now the word complete is what is this question is about, does it mean I get them all the way up to max level at the start or does it just give me 1/1 in the martial arts that I choose?

Taking two, non-exclusive MA forms
DMA: Starting age + years to learn MA form #1, +years to learn MA form #2= starting age & @ L1 in both MA forms.

Taking a exclusive MA form
DMA: Starting age + years to learn MA form= starting age & @ L1 in the MA forms.

Ancient Masters
three forms: 1 primary @ L10 & 2 secondary @ L3
or... its two non-exclusive at L15
or ...its one exclusive @ L15
or is it the non-exclusive @ L3 or L1
or is it the exclusive @ L1 or L10....
(there is a lot of unclearness in the conversion text)
your GM will have to come up with his own ruling, I for one use the 3 MAF with the Prim @ L10 and the two secondaries @ L3. Why...it's an Ancient :crane: Master and it's suppose to be kick @$$.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Lokhai wrote:When looking at the DMA it says that I can take "two (2) complete Martial Art Forms" Now the word complete is what is this question is about, does it mean I get them all the way up to max level at the start or does it just give me 1/1 in the martial arts that I choose?

It means you get the true Martial Art Forms rather than the "quickie" (Hand-to-Hand Combat) forms. Both styles will start at the same level as the character.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Level on in each.

The DMA as Anchent Master for HU1, the max start level for a MA form is level 7.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”