Kirlian Weapon Sight

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

Kirlian Weapon Sight

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

hey all,
I've been looking into Kirlian Photography and Aura Photography and I got thinking. In games where you have lots of disguised Supernatural badguys wouldn't it be a major boon to mundaine players to be able to view beings Auras through a Modified weapon sight so that Aura's were visable.

even with simple photography such images would be really helpful in telling what the party was going up against. does anyone else have any ideas or thoughts as to how such a device would work?
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Re: Kirlian Weapon Sight

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Rifts Japan has something similar to what you describe.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Captain Shiva wrote:Rifts Japan has something similar to what you describe.

their's worked somewhat differently though. not only was it purely technological and real time, but it actually detects PPE levels.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

superbat_99 wrote:TW device for seeing auras would probably be the easiest. Possibly a TW radar that can see aura or sense evil.

Only if the game he's in is Rifts or PW.
All others, excluding PF, some sort of tech item would be more available then anything magic in the game.

Not that Kirlian Photography would really show supernaturalness of something/-one.. blah blah blah, IRL.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”