The Rifts™ Difiicult/Weird Questions Thread

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: The Rifts™ Difiicult/Weird Questions Thread

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Elthbert wrote:
Well I do have pantheons, but it is currently MIA with about 80% of My RIFTS books.... that is another story.

Could you direct me to the TONS of them regardless.

ANd utterly destroying someones soul is significantly differant than simpley killing them.
Without going to my own Pantheons book right now, I will say right here that there appears to be some confusion here, at least from what I have seen in the last few Posts.

UNLESS the Rune Weapon in question is the specialized type of Rune Weapon specifically classified as a Holy Rune Weapon, ANY Rune Weapon of the proper type (Greater, Greatest) can be made into a Soul Drinker. Good aligned Rune Weapon is NOT the same thing, and AFAIK Holy Weapons cannot do "bad" actions of any kind; but note that they also don't seem to be self-aware and/or have a soul imprisoned inside them.

However, no matter how "good" or "evil" the intrinsic abilities of the Weapon are, the alignment of the person trapped inside determines the Weapon's alignment -thus, it is possible for a Scrupulous Personality to be part of an 'evil' Weapon (technically the Rune Weapon all by itself has no alignment), and vice versa.

I'm not 100% sure whether or not a Sword that can be handled by a PC of the appropriate alignment, can COMMAND the Sword to perform an action that it normally might not want to do.

And to me, as long as the Soul in question isn't actually tormented, I see no real moral difference between killing the body, and killing its soul.

(Besides.....one could argue that a Scrupulous individual, having his Rune Weapon eat a bad guy's soul, is actually doing a merciful act since, if he just killed the guy, he'd be consigning the bad guy's soul to the Hell of his or her personal belief system; with the Soul Drink attack they are just removed from the Megaverse, probably painlessly.)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

cornholioprime wrote:Why can't a Mega-Juicer, constantly infused with and soaked with Psionic Energy from his head down to his toes (for those of you who don't know, they even explode in a massive, MDC explosion of Psionic Energy for their Last Call)......be able to damage True Supernatural Creatures with his bare hands the way that Psionic Energy does??

Because while they are psionically empowered, they don't actually do damage with psionics. It's somewhat similar to being hit with a TK Acceleration attack... the rock is moved by psionic energy, but it is not, itself, a psionic weapon.

For that matter, Dogs can inflict damage to the supernatural under certain conditions**, so why can't Dog-Boys, who are genetically 100% dogs themselves??

I'm not 100% certain that Dog Boys are 100% canine DNA; I think it would be easier to construct things like Dog Boys using human or artificial DNA sequences. However, even if they are, they've been substantially altered from their base, and made into far more active users of their various powers. It may be something that they simply don't know how to access. It may be something that humans instill in them in a form of gestalt power, that can't be accessed due to the changes in them.

**No, really. I forget which book it's in, but animals of various types can affect the supernatural -for example, the crow of a Rooster can temporarily disable some monsters. The blurb about Dogs is also in that section, but for the life of me I can't remember which Book it's in right now.

From what I understand, while certain monsters are vulnerable to rooster crows, it's not a universal trait.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Elthbert
Hero

Unread post by Elthbert »

cornholioprime wrote:
Elthbert wrote:
Well I do have pantheons, but it is currently MIA with about 80% of My RIFTS books.... that is another story.

ANd utterly destroying someones soul is significantly differant than simpley killing them.
Without going to my own Pantheons book right now, I will say right here that there appears to be some confusion here, at least from what I have seen in the last few Posts.

UNLESS the Rune Weapon in question is the specialized type of Rune Weapon specifically classified as a Holy Rune Weapon, ANY Rune Weapon of the proper type (Greater, Greatest) can be made into a Soul Drinker. Good aligned Rune Weapon is NOT the same thing, and AFAIK Holy Weapons cannot do "bad" actions of any kind; but note that they also don't seem to be self-aware and/or have a soul imprisoned inside them.

However, no matter how "good" or "evil" the intrinsic abilities of the Weapon are, the alignment of the person trapped inside determines the Weapon's alignment -thus, it is possible for a Scrupulous Personality to be part of an 'evil' Weapon (technically the Rune Weapon all by itself has no alignment), and vice versa.

I'm not 100% sure whether or not a Sword that can be handled by a PC of the appropriate alignment, can COMMAND the Sword to perform an action that it normally might not want to do.

And to me, as long as the Soul in question isn't actually tormented, I see no real moral difference between killing the body, and killing its soul.

(Besides.....one could argue that a Scrupulous individual, having his Rune Weapon eat a bad guy's soul, is actually doing a merciful act since, if he just killed the guy, he'd be consigning the bad guy's soul to the Hell of his or her personal belief system; with the Soul Drink attack they are just removed from the Megaverse, probably painlessly.)

So again can you direct me to the TONs of good aligned soul drinkers?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Elthbert wrote:So again can you direct me to the TONs of good aligned soul drinkers?

I'll also point out that the one NPC with a Sword of Atlantis was miscrient in alignment, but I believe there are multiple versions available.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Elthbert wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Elthbert wrote:

To what end??

So that, if I can't find them by the ton, that you can score for yourself an Internet Win by way of nitpick??

Or because you had nothing better to do today than engage in a mild form of Thread Necromancy just to pick a fight?? :wink:

In any event, I'm not going to scour my Books to give you your "tons of good aligned Soul Drinkers," so I'll just take a shortcut by getting everything that I need to prove my point from Rifts Atlantis:

Page 127: "Because the object is infused with the life essence of the creature that empowers it, the object possesses the the alignment of that life essence."

Page 127: "The magic that enslaves the being also forces it to serve he who wields the weapon."

Page 129: "Powers commonly available to Greatest Rune Weapons; select two."

One of those is drink souls -no alignment restriction.

So, even if I go through my Books and I am in fact wrong and I can't find those "tons of Good-aligned Soul Drinkers," the fact of the matter remains that they do indeed exist and depending on the situation, they CAN be forced to Soul Drink by their wielder (if the ability is placed into the weapon by its maker) even if they think that it's a bad thing to do.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Beast wrote:
Elthbert wrote:So again can you direct me to the TONs of good aligned soul drinkers?

I'll also point out that the one NPC with a Sword of Atlantis was miscrient in alignment, but I believe there are multiple versions available.
I am pretty sure that one of the Indian Gods has one, too -IIRC Skanda or maybe Hanuman.

The Beast

cornholioprime wrote:I am pretty sure that one of the Indian Gods has one, too -IIRC Skanda or maybe Hanuman.

Yeah, I'd have to go back through to see who it was, but I know it wasn't anyone with a good alignment. It could be that KS meant for soul drinking to be for evil alignments only & Palladium forgot to mention it, and that's why I haven't seen an example of a rune weapon with soul drinking.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Beast wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:I am pretty sure that one of the Indian Gods has one, too -IIRC Skanda or maybe Hanuman.

Yeah, I'd have to go back through to see who it was, but I know it wasn't anyone with a good alignment. It could be that KS meant for soul drinking to be for evil alignments only & Palladium forgot to mention it, and that's why I haven't seen an example of a rune weapon with soul drinking.
Skanda is either Scrupulous or Principled -he's Parvati's and Siva's son, the one with four arms who doesn't use magic in battle (but on the other hand is almost impervious to it) and who doesn't have a wife or consort; he's Hanuman and Ganesh's brother, I think.

Elthbert
Hero

cornholioprime wrote:
Elthbert wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Elthbert wrote:

To what end??

So that, if I can't find them by the ton, that you can score for yourself an Internet Win by way of nitpick??

Or because you had nothing better to do today than engage in a mild form of Thread Necromancy just to pick a fight?? :wink:

In any event, I'm not going to scour my Books to give you your "tons of good aligned Soul Drinkers," so I'll just take a shortcut by getting everything that I need to prove my point from Rifts Atlantis:

Page 127: "Because the object is infused with the life essence of the creature that empowers it, the object possesses the the alignment of that life essence."

Page 127: "The magic that enslaves the being also forces it to serve he who wields the weapon."

Page 129: "Powers commonly available to Greatest Rune Weapons; select two."

One of those is drink souls -no alignment restriction.

So, even if I go through my Books and I am in fact wrong and I can't find those "tons of Good-aligned Soul Drinkers," the fact of the matter remains that they do indeed exist and depending on the situation, they CAN be forced to Soul Drink by their wielder (if the ability is placed into the weapon by its maker) even if they think that it's a bad thing to do.

I know it is listed as an available power on Greatest Rune weapons, I know that there is no alignment restriction indicated. However, I agreed with Grey Axe that sould drinking should not be on a good aligned weapon. You responded that there were TONS of them, i.e. appealling to the authority of the books to justify your position, which basically is destroying a soul is morally no differant than killing someone; I have asked you to support your claim. So far you have not produced a single citation, and certianly not given even a short list, forget TONS of them. I think destroying somethings soul is by definition evil , I would never allow a good aligned weapon to have such an ability in my game, EVER! but I did not make a claim that that was the canonical ruling of Paladium,however, you did make a claim and I would like you to either back it up or withdraw the claim. I don't think that is an unreasonable request on my part.
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Elthbert wrote:I know it is listed as an available power on Greatest Rune weapons, I know that there is no alignment restriction indicated. However, I agreed with Grey Axe that sould drinking should not be on a good aligned weapon. You responded that there were TONS of them, i.e. appealling to the authority of the books to justify your position, which basically is destroying a soul is morally no differant than killing someone; I have asked you to support your claim. So far you have not produced a single citation, and certianly not given even a short list, forget TONS of them. I think destroying somethings soul is by definition evil , I would never allow a good aligned weapon to have such an ability in my game, EVER! but I did not make a claim that that was the canonical ruling of Paladium,however, you did make a claim and I would like you to either back it up or withdraw the claim. I don't think that is an unreasonable request on my part.

While I do not have a dog in this fight, soul drinking is not inherently evil, or Splynncryth would be evil, as he makes (and presumably uses - he certainly allows the use of them) soul drinkers.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Guy A, Mage, wants to go to a location that he's never, ever been to before; he hasn't even come close to being there. He doesn't even know what the place looks like (let's call it Dweomer just for grins and giggles), but desperately needs to get there.

Guy A, a Master Psionic, has been there, knows the place like the back of his hand, and has an idea.

As a favor to Guy A (or as a service for which some sort of payment is made, take your pick), he offers to use his Psionic Powers to to initiate a Mind Bond between himself and the Mage.

According to the wording of the Teleport: Superior spell, a person who attempts a T-port without knowing anything significant about his desired destination, has only a 20% chance of getting there.
Also according to the wording of the spell, a person who intimately knows the desired location has a 99% chance of successfully making the jump.

If the Mage mind-bonds with the Psionic to get the information about the destination, but has never been there himself, do his chances of accurately T-porting

stay at the meager (and dangerous) success level of 20%;
go up to the "described in detail" success level of 58%;
go up to the "place seen in a photo" success level of 80%;

or

jump all the way up to match the Psionic's potential success rate of 99%??

The Beast

Start it at the 99% rate, then decrease it as time passes.
Library Ogre

Agree with the Beast; he'd know it perfectly.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

:D How do Dog Boys view "ordinary" Dogs?? :D

("Private Barkman........STEP AWAY FROM THE POODLE!!")

The Beast

cornholioprime wrote::D How do Dog Boys view "ordinary" Dogs?? :D

:thwak: I didn't need that on my mind right now! :lol:
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Beast wrote:
cornholioprime wrote: :D How do Dog Boys view "ordinary" Dogs?? :D

:thwak: I didn't need that on my mind right now! :lol:
Dude, if I can ruin ONE man's Breakfast or Lunch in revulsion, or at least make them blow Milk or Soda out of their noses in laughter, then my work for the day is done.

(But seriously......it DOES make you wonder, don't it?? What about if one of their female four-legged brethren goes in heat and gives off that scent, or vice versa?? Doesn't that really cut down on the Prowl Factor for a female Dog Boy if she's trying to sneak around with 5 or 6 male strays on her heels?? :demon:)

Elthbert
Hero

Subjugator wrote:
Elthbert wrote:I know it is listed as an available power on Greatest Rune weapons, I know that there is no alignment restriction indicated. However, I agreed with Grey Axe that sould drinking should not be on a good aligned weapon. You responded that there were TONS of them, i.e. appealling to the authority of the books to justify your position, which basically is destroying a soul is morally no differant than killing someone; I have asked you to support your claim. So far you have not produced a single citation, and certianly not given even a short list, forget TONS of them. I think destroying somethings soul is by definition evil , I would never allow a good aligned weapon to have such an ability in my game, EVER! but I did not make a claim that that was the canonical ruling of Paladium,however, you did make a claim and I would like you to either back it up or withdraw the claim. I don't think that is an unreasonable request on my part.

While I do not have a dog in this fight, soul drinking is not inherently evil, or Splynncryth would be evil, as he makes (and presumably uses - he certainly allows the use of them) soul drinkers.

/Sub

No, killing humans for pleasure and then eating them is inherintly evil and Splynncryth not only allows but profits from that. So that argument doesn't hold, sorry.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Elthbert wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

/Sub

No, killing humans for pleasure and then eating them is inherintly evil and Splynncryth not only allows but profits from that. So that argument doesn't hold, sorry.

Check WB2: Atlantis - Splynncryth is anarchist. He is greed & selfishness personified, and he'll do bad things for cash, but he's not evil, so he doesn't just do them for fun.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

If I am a person or creature whose Flying Speed is determined by multiples of or additions to my Spd. Attribute....

......is my Flying Speed increased for the duration of the time that I am under the effect of a Spd.-boosting Spell (e.g., 'Superhuman Speed')....or decreased in similar fashion by similar magics (e.g., 'Speed of the Snail')???

The Beast

How is that a difficut question? :?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Beast wrote:How is that a difficut question? :?
Well.....does it, or doesn't it??

How is that not a difficult question??

Difficult Questions are such that the Answers are unclear based on the Rules....which I kinda thought was the point of the Thread. :D

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Does a Psi-Nullifier's powers extend outside fully-sealed Armors, and/or Airtight Vehicles??

That is to say, will his "aura of Magic/Psychic negation" extend outside the armor or vehicle to its usual 10-foot radius??

(Keeping in mind that many if not most Psionic Powers can go through Armors, Robots, etc.)

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

If I cast some sort of Spell Effect upon myself that allows me to deal out Megadamage with my bare hands and/or grants me Supernatural Strength.....

.....does the same magical aura that protects my SDC appendages from being damaged also cause hand-to-hand damage to normally invulnerable creatures (like Werebeasts and the Undead) as if I myself were a Creature of Magic or a Supernatural creature??

The Beast

A Lord High Mage and his Lizard Mage ally rift to Palladium. Can the Lizard Mage now learn the other's OCC?
Library Ogre

The Beast wrote:A Lord High Mage and his Lizard Mage ally rift to Palladium. Can the Lizard Mage now learn the other's OCC?

Nope. Creature of Magic.

All Palladium Articles
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Olaris wrote:give olaris more!.
Very well, you shall have it (and by "you" I don't necessarily mean just you, olaris).

The Spell "Invisibility: Superior" is so adept at what it does that the affected target is invisible to all sensors, has no smell, almost no noise, and doesn't even leave footprints.

So.....what happens if an Invisibility: Superior ensorcelled character steps onto to a land mine's weight-activated pressure plate??

I mean, on the one hand the Spell, maybe, somehow cushions the character's feet in order so that the character won't leave any foot prints.

But on the other hand, the spell doesn't by its wording make him either intangible or weightless.

But on the third hand ( :D ), one might very well argue that the pressure plate of a landmine is a form of sensor.

So, what will happen, do you all think??

Subjugator

cornholioprime wrote:
Very well, you shall have it (and by "you" I don't necessarily mean just you, olaris).

The Spell "Invisibility: Superior" is so adept at what it does that the affected target is invisible to all sensors, has no smell, almost no noise, and doesn't even leave footprints.

So.....what happens if an Invisibility: Superior ensorcelled character steps onto to a land mine's weight-activated pressure plate??

I mean, on the one hand the Spell, maybe, somehow cushions the character's feet in order so that the character won't leave any foot prints.

But on the other hand, the spell doesn't by its wording make him either intangible or weightless.

But on the third hand ( :D ), one might very well argue that the pressure plate of a landmine is a form of sensor.

If the landmine had a light activated sensor, it'd not detonate.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Subjugator wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

But on the third hand ( :D ), one might very well argue that the pressure plate of a landmine is a form of sensor (and "Invisibility: Superior is specifically said to defeat all sensors).

If the landmine had a light activated sensor, it'd not detonate.

/Sub
Weight-activated landmine; standard/classic Pressure Plate that can be manually adjusted to activate on differing weights up to and including Tanks, depending upon whether or not the Mine in question is anti-armor or simply anti-personnel.

Library Ogre

cornholioprime wrote:

"Huh. The mine misfired."
"Must be the heat, frying its circuits."

All Palladium Articles
Subjugator

cornholioprime wrote:Weight-activated landmine; standard/classic Pressure Plate that can be manually adjusted to activate on differing weights up to and including Tanks, depending upon whether or not the Mine in question is anti-armor or simply anti-personnel.

It would go off then. The reason being is that the spell prevents footprints - not the weight that causes them.

/Sub

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

If somebody casts a spell such as Magic Net onto me, but I am enchanted by one of the "Form-Fitting Magical Energy" Armor Spells such as Armor of Ithan, what happens??

Does the Magic Net "stick" to my Armor of Ithan? Bypass the Armor Spell and stick to me proper? Just bounce off the Magical Energy Field harmlessly?? Or does something else happen??

Secondly, for those of you who are of the opinion that it "sticks" to the energy field, what if the Armor Spell runs out before the Net Spell does -does that 'pile' of Magic Net just drop to the floor??

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

cornholioprime wrote:If somebody casts a spell such as Magic Net onto me, but I am enchanted by one of the "Form-Fitting Magical Energy" Armor Spells such as Armor of Ithan, what happens??

Does the Magic Net "stick" to my Armor of Ithan? Bypass the Armor Spell and stick to me proper? Just bounce off the Magical Energy Field harmlessly?? Or does something else happen??

Secondly, for those of you who are of the opinion that it "sticks" to the energy field, what if the Armor Spell runs out before the Net Spell does -does that 'pile' of Magic Net just drop to the floor??

I'm of the mindset that the Magic Net would stick to the first thing it encounters which in this case would be in this situation. Then after the Armor "Spell" wear's off I would say the net then slowly closes down around what ever it was "caught" on and slowly gets tighter and tighter till it encloses around the new item in which it touches.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Taking a look at the Ley Line Walker's innate abilities and I was curious.

If a Human LLW is bitten by a vampire , Does the newly created Vampire still retain the abilities of the LLW Occ ? Or does the newly created vampire lose all LLW abilities except that of the spell casting and its PPE ?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Lenwen wrote:Taking a look at the Ley Line Walker's innate abilities and I was curious.

If a Human LLW is bitten by a vampire , Does the newly created Vampire still retain the abilities of the LLW Occ ? Or does the newly created vampire lose all LLW abilities except that of the spell casting and its PPE ?
If it's a Master Vampire it keeps most abilities, if its a Secondary Vampire it loses at least half of its capabilities, and of course if it's a Wild Vampire it doesn't matter how much of his abilities he keeps, because he too savage and dim-witted to acces them.

Rifts: Vampire Kingdoms

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Does a Cyber-Knight's bonuses against Tech work if he is facing down a "nude" Shemarrian or some other android, even if he believes his opponent to be 100% flesh and blood??

By the way: in such a situation, assuming for the sake of argument that his 'anti-tech' Power does work on them....would he be consciously aware of it??

Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

cornholioprime wrote:Does a Cyber-Knight's bonuses against Tech work if he is facing down a "nude" Shemarrian or some other android, even if he believes his opponent to be 100% flesh and blood??

By the way: in such a situation, assuming for the sake of argument that his 'anti-tech' Power does work on them....would he be consciously aware of it??

I would rule that the cyber-knight's bonuses would be in effect since I think they are more instinctual than conciously activated. Though the Knight would definitely be curious as to why he is sensing tech emanations coming from a woman in her birthday suit. He may assume that she has some implants that are made to look natural or concealed, but not necessarily realize that she isn't really alive.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Can I use Total Recall in conjunction with a Mind Bond so that I can instantly and permanently learn things from a willing 'knowledge donor?'

(NOTE: I am not asking you whether or not you would as a GM allow such a thing to happen as a matter of Game Balance, I am asking you if the wording of those two Psionic Powers technically allows such a happenstance to take place.)

Library Ogre

cornholioprime wrote:Can I use Total Recall in conjunction with a Mind Bond so that I can instantly and permanently learn things from a willing 'knowledge donor?'

(NOTE: I am not asking you whether or not you would as a GM allow such a thing to happen as a matter of Game Balance, I am asking you if the wording of those two Psionic Powers technically allows such a happenstance to take place.)

No. Total Recall, in RUE, is supposed to be limited to written material. Furthermore, the memories of a Mind Bond are not really yours... it is that you can access the other person's memories for the duration of the bond. Once the bond fades, you forget everything. I would allow, however, someone to recall (not Total Recall, because of the "written only" rule) things he actively thought about while Mind Bonded... if you thought about the password to the base while mind bonded, you can remember the password to the base. However, if you didn't think about his wife's name while mind bonded, you don't know it, and can't recall it.

All Palladium Articles
The Beast

Mark Hall wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:Can I use Total Recall in conjunction with a Mind Bond so that I can instantly and permanently learn things from a willing 'knowledge donor?'

No. Total Recall, in RUE, is supposed to be limited to written material.

It was that way in the RMB as well.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Beast wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

Partial apologies to Beast and Mark Hall.

The wording for Total Recall is slightly different in both the PFRPG (2nd Ed.) and Heroes Unlimited modules -different enough to make a real difference (they say that with Total Recall, the character can essentially remember everything).

Library Ogre

cornholioprime wrote:
The Beast wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

The wording for Total Recall is slightly different in both the PFRPG (2nd Ed.) and Heroes Unlimited modules -different enough to make a real difference (they say that with Total Recall, the character can essentially remember everything).

I know. But, Rifts forum, Rifts answer.

All Palladium Articles
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mark Hall wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
The Beast wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

I know. But, Rifts forum, Rifts answer.
Understood.

First time I ever read about the Total Recall power in detail (don't much care for Palladium Psionics) and assumed that like the vast majority of Powers and Effects, they were more or less identical across separate Palladium modules.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Based on the Scenario presented in this Thread:

Mouser13 wrote:P.S. I would use the spell Doppleganger(Superior) and force it to create it to avoid the perment lost of S.D.C. Though the G.M. would have to be nice and allow you to tell the Doppleganger to have the Golemn follow you order which is up to GM I think it would work.

Would such a Golem, created by your Doppelganger at your direction, in fact follow the "real" You or only the "fake" You?

(As stated and strongly implied in the accompanying text, Golems cannot be told to accept somebody new as another Master or obey their commands -the question, are you "you" enough for the Golem's liking?)

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Self-inspired by this Posting in the "TW to Reverse-Engineer Matter into PPE" Thread, I have a question, and I'm not asking Kevin's intent for the Game, I'm asking if this is 'technically' possible:

If I could just build a big Vat somewhere, and grow a massive amount of living, non-sentient flesh in it (kept alive by mechanical and medical means, and we're talking dozens if not hundreds of square feet of Flesh here).......

.....could I occasionally kill off the Vat's living contents in Ritual Sacrifice to harvest its PPE??

Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

cornholioprime wrote:Self-inspired by this Posting in the "TW to Reverse-Engineer Matter into PPE" Thread, I have a question, and I'm not asking Kevin's intent for the Game, I'm asking if this is 'technically' possible:

If I could just build a big Vat somewhere, and grow a massive amount of living, non-sentient flesh in it (kept alive by mechanical and medical means, and we're talking dozens if not hundreds of square feet of Flesh here).......

.....could I occasionally kill off the Vat's living contents in Ritual Sacrifice to harvest its PPE??

Ritual sacrifice must spill blood and stop a beating heart.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Natasha wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:Self-inspired by this Posting in the "TW to Reverse-Engineer Matter into PPE" Thread, I have a question, and I'm not asking Kevin's intent for the Game, I'm asking if this is 'technically' possible:

Mayhap you're right about the particulars of a Ritual, but can't Mages absorb 'nearby' PPE from fallen opponents in the middle of battle (provided they can stand still long enough)??

And would not such ease of 'PPE transport' (if true; I think that it's in RUE) potentially translate into the aforementioned Flesh Tank scenario??

Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

cornholioprime wrote:
Natasha wrote:

Mayhap you're right about the particulars of a Ritual, but can't Mages absorb 'nearby' PPE from fallen opponents in the middle of battle (provided they can stand still long enough)??

And would not such ease of 'PPE transport' (if true; I think that it's in RUE) potentially translate into the aforementioned Flesh Tank scenario??

I would inspect the differences between a vat of biomass and death on the battlefield and determine if those differences might have something to do with P.P.E. or not.

Me, personally, the difference is the blood pumped by the beating heart - in other words people and animals.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Adds one of my own.

Why do idiots keep posting the same thing even after the ground their arguments are based on is so freaking nuked that they don't even have an atom to stand on?

AAAAJHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

(not naming names, nor pointing finders, just asking/venting)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Natasha wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Natasha wrote:

I would inspect the differences between a vat of biomass and death on the battlefield and determine if those differences might have something to do with P.P.E. or not.

Me, personally, the difference is the blood pumped by the beating heart - in other words people and animals.
***Grins at Natasha, then makes sure that the very next Flesh Batch will have both a Circulatory System as well as blood in it....just to be sure...***

:demon:

Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

cornholioprime wrote:
Natasha wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Natasha wrote:

***Grins at Natasha, then makes sure that the very next Flesh Batch will have both a Circulatory System as well as blood in it....just to be sure...***

:demon:

Note, however, I said "people and animals".

Return to “Rifts®”