Spy Agency Creation Mods

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mantisking
Hero

Spy Agency Creation Mods

Unread post by Mantisking »

I saw in another thread someone writing about how the Spy Agency Creation rules are a little behind the times, the section on communication in specific. A while ago I had come up with some add-ons to the existing rules and for some reason never posted them here.

Agency Levels
1.) Martial Arts School (50 pts.)
2.) Private Investigation Agency (100 pts.)
3.) Police Agency (200 pts.) -- About the size of a metropolitan police department.
4.) Crime Buster Agency (300 pts.) -- This would be an agency comparable to the FBI.
5.) International Espionage Agency (400 pts.) -- Something like the CIA.
6.) Superspy Agency (500 pts.) -- Movie spy agency.

The original selection only went 1 to 5 but I've added a 6th, the PI Agency, to make it easier to roll randomly. I also cnaged the names a bit and added in some concrete examples to make selection easier.

More to come.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Mantisking
Hero

Re: Spy Agency Creation Mods

I. Budget
This is the money available for any kind of special project.
1.) None: No money available. (0 pts.)
2.) Nickels & Dimes: Up to $1,000. (5 pts.)
3.) Small Potatoes: Up to $10,000. (10 pts.)
4.) Large Loans: Up to $100,000. (15 pts.)
5.) Serious Grift: Up to $1,000,000. (25 pts.)
6.) Major Bankroll: Up to $10 Million. (35 pts.)
7.) Big Bucks: Up to $100 Million. (45 pts.)
8.) Megabucks: Up to $1 Billion. (50 pts.)

I added two levels and smoothed out the progression between the levels.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Mantisking
Hero

Re: Spy Agency Creation Mods

New stuff! I felt there was something missing from the point system to generate spy agencies. There are some agencies, like MI-5, that have no police powers, so I came up with an addition to reflect that.

O.) Legal Powers: Not all agencies have the same powers under their respective legal systems. For example: MI5 in Britain has no powers of arrest, but in the United States the Department of Transportation has the power to make laws. Note: Each legal power must be bought seperately, the higher levels do not include those below them.
1.) None (0 points)
2.) Security Guard: Agents are licensed to carry less-than-lethal self-defense devices. (5 points)
3.) Rent-A-Cop: Agents are licensed to carry firearms. (10 points)
4.) Police Officer: Agents possess police powers (can make arrests, write citations, etc.). (20 points)
5.) Lawyer: Agents are members of the Bar Association, and are considered officers of the court. (50 points)
6.) Lawmaker: The agency has the power to create laws. The scope of these laws is determined by the agency's size (point total), and it's area of responsibility (Offices & Distribution). (100 points)

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”