Speed Weapon

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Carindel
Explorer

Speed Weapon

Unread post by Carindel »

Just wanted to know how you guys ruled on the spell Speed Weapon as applied to Psi-swords. I'm inclined to say that it can be used, as magic and psionics are different and are handled differently enough in Rifts canon that the prohibition to magic weapons wouldn't apply...just wanted to know what you guys thought.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Speed Weapon

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Carindel wrote:Just wanted to know how you guys ruled on the spell Speed Weapon as applied to Psi-swords. I'm inclined to say that it can be used, as magic and psionics are different and are handled differently enough in Rifts canon that the prohibition to magic weapons wouldn't apply...just wanted to know what you guys thought.

That's actually an interesting question.
I'll have to get back to you.
:ok:
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

My knee jerk reactions would be to say,'no, SW can't be used on Psi-Swords.'
But since KC actually had to look it, I will leave it at the knee jerk stage.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Carindel wrote:Just wanted to know how you guys ruled on the spell Speed Weapon as applied to Psi-swords. I'm inclined to say that it can be used, as magic and psionics are different and are handled differently enough in Rifts canon that the prohibition to magic weapons wouldn't apply...just wanted to know what you guys thought.

That's actually an interesting question.
I'll have to get back to you.
:ok:

Well, I've looked at Speed Weapon, and I've looked at Psi-Sword, and I cannot see any official reason why the spell wouldn't work on a psi-sword.

If a GM wanted to house-rule that it doesn't work, I could see that decision as fairly valid because the Psi-Sword might be considered more of a "weapon-like" projection of psionic energy rather than an actual "weapon" like the spell normally targets, but the text of the psionic power repeatedly describes it as a weapon and refers to it as a weapon, so officially it IS a weapon and therefore a viable target for the spell.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”