Energy Field and Mystic Shield question

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Re: Energy Field and Mystic Shield question

Unread post by Anthar »

The sixth level Mystic Sheild increases protection at 60 SDC per level while the lesser is only 60 SDC period.

These spells can create a wall, bubble or dome which can make it very useful if say need to block a hallway or cover a hole as well as throw up a field of protection. Using these spells to buy some extra time can make the difference between failure and success.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Energy Field (lvl 4): has a Natural AR 4, meaning attacks do not bypass the EF if they roll over the AR, but do damage if they hit the EF. Has 60 MDC in a High magic environment, like rifts earth, and 60 SDC in a low magic environment like HU. 60 total, not 60 per level. Can be formed into a wall or a sphere/dome shape.

Mystic Shield (Lvl 6): This is basically an upgraded EF, that has 60 S/MDC per level.

Magic Shield: In a SDC setting this magic is totally invulnerable to any damage. In an High magic setting it has 100 mdc. The mage still has to Parry the attack. Its form is a hand held shield.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

Wow, an echo with a three hour gap. ;)

Edit: I must be on your foe list then, :-?
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Anthar wrote:Wow, an echo with a three hour gap. ;)

Edit: I must be on your foe list then, :-?

Doesn't do that silly thing, I can't correct the :clown: 's who don't post the right info, if I can't see them.

Wasn't an ecko, I was being part jewish, saying the same thing in a different way.
Now if we had had a third person post the same thing a third different way we would of had a jewish poem.

Besides, I posted more information in my description, and didn't really read your post.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

Noted. :ok:
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Daemon M wrote: As AR 4 is a clean miss anyway. Or am I missing something?

My take:
Generally when you're standing in front of a large, immovable bubble, you don't need to roll to strike it any more than you would for a brick wall.
Unless it has an AR, in which case you might hit it, but not damage it.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Daemon M wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Energy Field (lvl 4): has a Natural AR 4, meaning attacks do not bypass the EF if they roll over the AR, but do damage if they hit the EF.

I was looking over the spell again, and while assuming that the spell provides Natural Armor makes the spell useful/work. I do not see anywhere in the description where the field provides a natural armor rating. To quote the spell "Armor rating is only 4." Is there somewhere else where this is explained or is this an obvious interpretation from the spell description or a correction to a poorly written spell?

... snip

I don't know why the spell description does not list list the EF as a Nat AR or Delist it from having an AR. Ether way it would mean it takes damage when hit, but the EF can not be bypassed by rolling high.

Maybe if we petition PB we could get this fixed for the SDC setting.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”