Burstin'

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Burstin'

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

The Super-Fuel Flame ability has a restriction on the size of the fire that the burster is able to affect, so usually only one SFF is all he's able to get off per fire in conjunction with his Eruption power.
And it seems like you have to target the whole fire; you can't just pick a piece of it and augment that.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

Should Super Fuel Flame really be able to increase a pillar of fire? The ISP cost is way lower than the original fire in this case and could potentially inflict damage on 10 times as many targets. I have always felt that use of the power would be way out of line with the power’s intent. Although I do think the busters should have some way of increasing the damage they can do with their powers.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Levi wrote:Should Super Fuel Flame really be able to increase a pillar of fire?

Yes.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Killer Cyborg
Priest

gadrin wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:The Super-Fuel Flame ability has a restriction on the size of the fire that the burster is able to affect, so usually only one SFF is all he's able to get off per fire in conjunction with his Eruption power.
And it seems like you have to target the whole fire; you can't just pick a piece of it and augment that.

So you're saying that if the ENTIRE FIRE is within his range/area of effect then and only then can he use Super Fuel
Flame. Once it grows beyond that it's off-limits.

Yup.

I noticed in Heroes Unlimited 2, under Control Elemental Force: Fire p259 the super can use fuel flame every action.

Does it say it can be used on the same flame every action?

Regardless, depending on what size you start with, how much you boost it, and how big an area you can affect, you might be able to hit the same flame multiple times.

So a 900 foot pillar of flame is beyond the 100 feet/level of the 6th level Burster anyhow, and he can't simply enlarge the
base and have it ripple upwards.

Yup.
Took us a while to figure this out, actually. Before we did, we believed that a burster (or team of bursters) could set the entire planet ablaze.

Boy the 2x to 10x of the Burster seems superior to the Super power version :eek:

>

Yup.
Better than the magic version too.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”