TW Power Lines?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Starmage21
Adventurer

Re: TW Power Lines?

Unread post by Starmage21 »

Tlurker wrote:In the game I'm playing in my TW and our group have setup shop about 300yards from a small Ley Line. What I'm trying to come up with is a way to draw power from that LL to a mystic generator via 'power lines' to give the place electricity and an ample supply of PPE for my TW's workroom.

Was thinking maybe some heavy duty copper cable with a Diamond or Emerald spliced in every 50feet or so, but I would think there should be a spell or two needed to draw the energy down the line.

Any suggestions on how that might be accomplished?

Put the TW Generator on the ley line. Run regular power lines to where you need juice.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Move the shop onto the LL.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Maybe some sort of enchanted gold &/or silver wire braided into a mystical conductor, with some gems every 5 feet.

At the LL end a magic circle that drains the PPE from the LL.

Connected to the castle end, the mystical generator.

With all of the above in a tunnel Running out to and under the LL.

Otherwise you'd need a Nazca Line Mage to make a new LL to the shop.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

There are "spells" and "rituals" in both the Rifts: South America Two and Rifts: Madhaven Books that explain, though not with specificity, how Ley Lines can be extended by tiny fractions.

BTW, doing so STILL doesn't remove the threat of Ley-Line drawn supernatural menaces IMO -in fact, it one could argue that such a move on your part will only serve to draw them closer.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

I've got a Rifter submission almost done about an alien insectoid race that manufacturers ley lines by combining wire, gems and a naturally secreted substance which hardens into a P.P.E. rich, crystalline substance. Hope to have it done and submitted soon. Mostly down to writing Hook Line & Sinkers now.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Tlurker wrote:I'll have to go with the Silver &/or Gold wiring/conductor/Circle idea because the last thing I want is a LL running through my house in Russia...all those lesser demon type creatures doing a conga through my livingroom is not my idea of a hootin' good time. *laughs*

I'm away from my books for a week, anyone know who all can create Magic Circles besides Diabolist's & Summoner's?
Vampire Intelligences; apart from that, very very few others outside of the Palladium World (like Odin).

It appears that Circle Magic (not to mention Diabolism) is deliberately kept rare om Rifts Earth -some of that magic is CRAZY strong!!
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Ajax wrote:Why not use MDC piping to protect the lines and bury them? Takes some work but it sounds like the situation is worth it. Unless you get an earth elemental to do it for you then it's easy as pie.

Or build a device to 'beam' the energy to your castle from the ley line. MIT recently figured out how to power up a light bulb from across the room so a TW with the advantage of magic should be able to do 300yards.

I do have to ask if your castle is 300yrd off the leyline proper(the shimmering blue wall of funkiness) or 300yards out of the area considered to be on the ley line. As leylines (as of the rue) count as being anywhere from 1/2 to 2 miles wide. Because if it's only 300yards off the leyline proper but still within the leyline area then you could have your leyline generator in your castle and you wouldn't have to worry about transporting the energy.

If you Use a tunnel to run the lines you have a priest hole (aka bolt hole) to escape through if need be.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Part of having a bolt hold is having a Door lockable from ether side at each end, so 'things' can't just wander in, and so things can't follow on your way out.

Besides, you probably don't want to have to dig up the lines to do maintenance on them.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”