Destiny's Call

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Vidynn
Adventurer

Destiny's Call

Unread post by Vidynn »

has any of you played/GMed this mini-campaign? what were you experiences with it? I think it looks promising.
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Re: Destiny's Call

Unread post by Lord Z »

Unfortunately no... What are your plans, V?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Vidynn
Adventurer

Re: Destiny's Call

Unread post by Vidynn »

I'm thinking about a mini-series combining Destiny's Call and Hell: Frozen over (both from the RIFTER) with some material from Mystic China and span a storyline from 1945 to the 1980s, battling supernatural forces and warring nations/factions. But hearing some GM-experience with Destiny's Call might be helpful. There is this middle piece in Destiny's Call where the characters spend nine years in a monastery and I wondered how GMs handled this (both storywise - did you just skip it like "okay, nine years have passed" - players: "huh?!" - AND ruleswise - as I see from skimming the adventure the characters are supposed to learn martial arts there...but what if they already have martial arts [as many N&SS-characters do] or if they cant learn it cause of their OCC? than the whole sequence would make limited sense, eh?].

The adventures from the RIFTER intrigued me cause the 1980s seem to be the "classic" N&SS-period and 1945 is an interesting starting point, also the PC's involvment in the various wars in the region sounds interesting.
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”