Multi-Optic Eye Patch

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kmspade
Explorer

Multi-Optic Eye Patch

Unread post by kmspade »

The CWC book says that CS armor can be hooked up to a multi-optic eye or to a multi-optic eye patch. Where is this multi-optic eye patch described? Book/page reference?
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Re: Multi-Optic Eye Patch

Unread post by Mack »

He's refering to p99 of CWC, in the first paragraph regarding under New CS Body Armor.

To my knowledge, the eye-patch has never been described.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i'd treat it as a wearable version of a multi-optic eye. (not unlike the one worn by the dragon in the Old RMB image.)
it's uses would be comparable to the night vision goggles of today...
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The dragon on the cover of the RCB1 is wearing one. ;)

Why would a dragon want one? To be able to use it's paranormal sight along with the imaging provided by a multi optic.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The dragon on the cover of the RCB1 is wearing one. ;)

Why would a dragon want one? To be able to use it's paranormal sight along with the imaging provided by a multi optic.

No, the answer is "because he can, and no one is going to tell him he can't or shouldn't." :D

Instead of the Cybernetic system, just grab the multioptics goggles out of Rifts Main or RUE and use it as a monocle. Same basic thing, but its actually got things like time on batteries, etc.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Implant item into.

There are batteries that urinating on them recharges the battery. So if you have implants, they probably gave to a bladder implant too, to keep the batteries charged.

MikelAmroni wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The dragon on the cover of the RCB1 is wearing one. ;)

No, the answer is "because he can, and no one is going to tell him he can't or shouldn't." :D

Yep that too. 8)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

Zerebus wrote:Seriously, don't overthink this. Either use the cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye stats or use the stats for the Multi-Optics helmet from the main book's miscellaneous equipment section.

Sounds good to me, the stats would be the same, just the appearance is different.

The other option I was considering would be to have a MOE type lens installed on the top of the helmet that would display on the visor HUD and be controlled by the voice activated computer. Stats would be the same as the MOE helmet, the cost being the cost of the upgrade.
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

That being said, how long would it take an operator to perform this upgrade? Are there upgrade time guidelines in any book? OCC and skill descriptions are very specific about what is possible, but not about how long anything takes.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

kmspade wrote:That being said, how long would it take an operator to perform this upgrade? Are there upgrade time guidelines in any book? OCC and skill descriptions are very specific about what is possible, but not about how long anything takes.

Assuming they have a ready-to-go optics patch, I'd say 10 minutes, tops; the item is designed for it.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

Mark Hall wrote:
kmspade wrote:That being said, how long would it take an operator to perform this upgrade? Are there upgrade time guidelines in any book? OCC and skill descriptions are very specific about what is possible, but not about how long anything takes.

Assuming they have a ready-to-go optics patch, I'd say 10 minutes, tops; the item is designed for it.

Yes, but what about other repairs or modifications, such as adding armor, souping up speed, increasing range ect. I cannot find anything regarding how long these or other tasks might take.
Ale Golem
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ale Golem »

kmspade wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

Yes, but what about other repairs or modifications, such as adding armor, souping up speed, increasing range ect. I cannot find anything regarding how long these or other tasks might take.

GM fiat...
Check it out and love it! http://www.badgreymatter.com/
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

As an example of how long something should take, use the following guidelines. Most GMs take these things for granted, so its worth mentioning.
How long it takes to interface to items depends largely on if they share common connectors, if they are meant to work together, and if the necessary items are available. In this case the common interface for a CS spec Multi Optic Monocle is designed to work with CS Body Armor. I'd go so far as to say five minutes, assuming the tech has to read over the directions, just to be sure.
If you are dealing with similar items but perhaps different connectors (Triax Multi Optic Monocle, for instance), then you'd need 5+1d10 minutes (so you can solder together the connectors and make it work. For HIGHLY different tech levels (A Naruni made Multi Optic Monocle, for example), then you may have to put in a small translator device (1d100 credits in price, double or triple if parts are scarce) and connect each item to that. In this case you'd need twice the time you would have for the Triax Multi Optic Monocle.

I'm intimately familiar with this because I work in broadcast, and we more often than not have to make things work together that the manufacturers never intended to work together. Such as taking computer speakers and splitting them into left and right component inputs so we can hear how a show is playing through the play out server in master control, etc. Sometimes we get lucky, but most of the time we have to kludge stuff together. :D :bandit:
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage

Return to “Rifts®”