Spell Strength and Auras

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

oldtimer13
D-Bee

Spell Strength and Auras

Unread post by oldtimer13 »

A couple quick questions.

1} On several magic O.C.C.'s it lists a progression in spell strength. Does this progression replace the normal spell strength progression or add to it?

2} A mage can only have one magic armour spell but what about aura type spells?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Spell Strength and Auras

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

oldtimer13 wrote:A couple quick questions.

1} On several magic O.C.C.'s it lists a progression in spell strength. Does this progression replace the normal spell strength progression or add to it?

Yes, this replaces the default progession for that OCC. Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse, in either case it reflects the differening mastery of magic that certain OCC's have.

2} A mage can only have one magic armour spell but what about aura type spells?

Define an Aura type spell.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

oldtimer13 wrote:A couple quick questions.

2} A mage can only have one magic armor spell but what about aura type spells?

1) The spell str. progression are listed individually for each mage OCC.
**If there is a default spell str. progression listed somewhere, then it is for only those which do not have one listed in the OCC, if there are any of those.

2) A Mage can stack as many "energy field" spells has he can cast.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
oldtimer13
D-Bee

Unread post by oldtimer13 »

Thanks for the input. I could have sworn there was an aura limit somewhere but it might have been overflow from the D20 rules :badbad:

The spell power progression is what I figured but it's nice to get a second opinion.

To clarify: armour spells always have 'armour' in the title or 'suit of armour' in the description. Auras are either labeled as such or use something like 'energy field' in the description.

Thanks again.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

oldtimer13 wrote:Thanks for the input. I could have sworn there was an aura limit somewhere but it might have been overflow from the D20 rules :badbad:

The spell power progression is what I figured but it's nice to get a second opinion.

To clarify: armour spells always have 'armour' in the title or 'suit of armour' in the description. Auras are either labeled as such or use something like 'energy field' in the description.

Thanks again.

Ah, yes.

You can only have one of Armor of Ithan, Armor Bizzare or Invincible Armor up at a time. but you can stack, say, Energy Feild, Invunerability, Sorcerrer's Fury, ect., as much as you like.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”