Kajukenbo - Street Fighting

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Kajukenbo - Street Fighting

Unread post by NMI »

I was watching - Fight Quest on the military channel and they had this art for "Kajukenbo"
I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this style and has created it for our beloved game here.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Kajukenbo - Street Fighting

Unread post by NMI »

Eh, never mind I guess.. Kuseru did a decent job here.
KAJUKENBO
By Flash Fire

Also known as "The Art of Dirty Streetfighting," Kajukenbo is a fairly recent martial art, developed in Hawaii around 1950. The art was created by five martial artists who, seeing the strengths and flaws of their respective arts, decided to attempt creating a new form that would operate well at all ranges and speeds. The original martial artists tested their ideas by walking out into the worst slum in Hawaii and getting into fights. These "field tests", as well as the moves from their own arts, provided the basis for the forms and techniques of Kajukenbo. Taken from the moves provided by training in T'ang Su Do Karate, Judo, Jujitsu, Kempo, and Chu'an Fa Gung Fu (Chinese Boxing), Kajukenbo (KArate, JUdo, KEMpo, BOxing) was designed to provide its practicioners the ability to win a street fight. It focuses on being effective at all ranges and styles of fighting, from kicks to punches to groundfighting. The main strategies a kenboist will use is either following an opponent's moves and using them against him or hitting him fast, hard, and often. The art does eventually provide Chi training and meditation techniques, but it is assumed that one has to live long enough to reach the higher levels before the art turns toward developing the spirit.

Training in the art isn't difficult to start, as there are many schools worldwide. The training is physically demanding, with exercises forming at least the first third of the class time. Further training typically involves working out with punching bags, sparring, grappling, and other simulated fight situations. Eventually, students are required to throw full speed attacks at fellow students, with the defender reacting like he should or taking frequent trips to the hospital. Artists learn to absorb blows, use katas to fine-tune their movements, and work with partners to learn how to manipulate their opponents' movements.

Entrance Requirements: None
Skill Cost: 8 Years (6 Years as Secondary Martial Art)
Costume: Artists train in loose fitting clothes of almost any type, from a traditional gi to sweats and a t-shirt. The school's name will typically be displayed somewhere, either on the back of the outfit or on a patch at the shoulder.
Stance: Typically, the martial artist stands with his left leg forward and right leg back at a 45 degree angle, weight slightly more on the front leg than the back. Both hands are held in front of the body, between the martial artist and his opponent.

CHARACTER BONUSES
Add 1 to P.P.
Add 2 to P.E.
Add 10 to S.D.C.
Add 5 to Chi

COMBAT SKILLS
Attacks per Melee: Three
Escape Moves: Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact, Maintain Balance.
Basic Defensive Moves: Dodge, Parry, Automatic Parry
Advanced Defenses: Breakfall, Disarm, Combination Parry/Attack
Hand Attacks: Strike, Palm Strike, Knife Hand, Backhand, Roundhouse (1D10), Uppercut (1D8)
Basic Foot Attacks: Kick, Snap Kick, Tripping/Leg Hooks, Backward Sweep Mule Kick (NEW!): The Mule Kick is pretty simple. The martial artist picks up his rear leg and kicks backward with it. Damage is only 1D6, but it can be done on opponents behind the character.
Jumping Foot Attacks: None
Special Attacks: Body Block/Tackle, Body Flip/Throw, Choke, Knee, Elbow, Grab, Forearm, Entangle, Pin/Incapacitate, Death Blow Pain Compliance (NEW!): This move is a toned down version of the Paralysis Attack. The artist will be able to latch onto a nerve, nerve junction, joint, or other vital point and put a serious hurtin' on their opponent. The victim must Save vs Pain or is -3 to all combat rolls while the Pain Compliance is in effect and for one melee after. Can only be done during a Hold, Lock, Grab, Entangle, or Pin/Incapacitate, Select one move from any Karate or Chinese form. No Chi abilities or other "Powers", standard and special attacks and defenses only.
Holds/Locks: Arm Hold, Leg Hold, Body Hold, Wrist Lock, Elbow Lock
Weapon Katas: None
Modifiers to Attacks: Critical Strike, Critical Strike from Behind, Knockout/Stun, Death Blow

SKILLS INCLUDED IN TRAINING
Martial Art Powers: Dam Sum Sing (BH) and one more from the categories of Body Hardening, Special Katas, or Martial Art Techniques. If desired, any number of powers can be traded one-for-one for any Basic Skill Program (including Physical)
Philosophical Skills: Zen (can be substituted for the philosophical belief of the teacher)
If this is your Primary Martial Art Form, then the following other forms can be learned in a shorter time: T'ang Su Karate (3 years), Jujitsu (3 years), Yu-Sool (6 years), Ch'a Chu'an Kung Fu (4 years), and Agent Martial Arts (1 year).

LEVEL ADVANCEMENT BONUSES
Level 1: Critical Strike, Critical Strike from Behind, +3 to Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact, +1 to Parry/Dodge, +1 to Strike
Level 2: +1 to Body Flip/Throw, +1 to Maintain Balance
Level 3: +1 Attack per Melee; select one standard attack, defense, or special move from any Martial Art Form (no "Powers")
Level 4: +1 to Strike, +2 to Parry/Dodge
Level 5: Select one power from Body Hardening, Special Katas, or Martial Art Techniques
Level 6: +1 Attack per Melee, +1 to Body Flip/Throw
Level 7: +1 to Parry/Dodge, Critical Strike on Natural 19-20
Level 8: Knock-Out/Stun on Natural 19-20, +1 to Maintain Balance
Level 9: +2 to Strike, +1 Attack per Melee
Level 10: Select one power from Body Hardening, Special Katas, or Atemi Abilities, +1 to Parry/Dodge
Level 11: Select one standard attack, defense, or special move from any Martial Art Form (no "Powers")
Level 12: +1 Attack per Melee, Critical Strike on Natural 18-20
Level 13: Select one power from Atemi Abilities or Chi Mastery, Knockout/Stun on Natural 18-20
Level 14: +1 to Body Flip/Throw, +1 to Strike, +1 Attack per Melee
Level 15: Death Blow on Natural 20, Select one power from Chi Mastery or Atemi Abilities.

Why Study KAJUKENBO?
"Why do you want to learn Kajukenbo?"
"Um, because I want to kick ass."
"Well, you've come to the right place."
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Hmmnn, not bad, needs a tiny bit of cleaning up though. Odd that there's no bonus to Damage.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Mantisking wrote:Hmmnn, not bad, needs a tiny bit of cleaning up though. Odd that there's no bonus to Damage.

I challenge you to clean it up a bit!
Mantisking
Hero

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:I challenge you to clean it up a bit!

{* shrug *} It's mostly formating.

[

I moved a couple of things around, and formated some others.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Mantisking
Hero

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:I challenge you to clean it up a bit!

{* shrug *} It's mostly formatting.

KAJUKENBO
By Flash Fire

Also known as "The Art of Dirty Streetfighting," Kajukenbo is a fairly recent martial art, developed in Hawaii around 1950. The art was created by five martial artists who, seeing the strengths and flaws of their respective arts, decided to attempt creating a new form that would operate well at all ranges and speeds. The original martial artists tested their ideas by walking out into the worst slum in Hawaii and getting into fights. These "field tests", as well as the moves from their own arts, provided the basis for the forms and techniques of Kajukenbo. Taken from the moves provided by training in T'ang Su Do Karate, Judo, Jujitsu, Kempo, and Chu'an Fa Gung Fu (Chinese Boxing), Kajukenbo (KArate, JUdo, KEMpo, BOxing) was designed to provide its practicioners the ability to win a street fight. It focuses on being effective at all ranges and styles of fighting, from kicks to punches to groundfighting. The main strategies a kenboist will use is either following an opponent's moves and using them against him or hitting him fast, hard, and often. The art does eventually provide Chi training and meditation techniques, but it is assumed that one has to live long enough to reach the higher levels before the art turns toward developing the spirit.

Training in the art isn't difficult to start, as there are many schools worldwide. The training is physically demanding, with exercises forming at least the first third of the class time. Further training typically involves working out with punching bags, sparring, grappling, and other simulated fight situations. Eventually, students are required to throw full speed attacks at fellow students, with the defender reacting like he should or taking frequent trips to the hospital. Artists learn to absorb blows, use katas to fine-tune their movements, and work with partners to learn how to manipulate their opponents' movements.

Entrance Requirements: None
Skill Cost: 8 Years (6 Years as Secondary Martial Art)
Costume: Artists train in loose fitting clothes of almost any type, from a traditional gi to sweats and a t-shirt. The school's name will typically be displayed somewhere, either on the back of the outfit or on a patch at the shoulder.
Stance: Typically, the martial artist stands with his left leg forward and right leg back at a 45 degree angle, weight slightly more on the front leg than the back. Both hands are held in front of the body, between the martial artist and his opponent.

CHARACTER BONUSES
Add 1 to P.P.
Add 2 to P.E.
Add 10 to S.D.C.
Add 5 to Chi

COMBAT SKILLS
Attacks per Melee:
Three (3)
Escape Moves: Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact, Maintain Balance.
Basic Defensive Moves: Dodge, Parry, Automatic Parry
Advanced Defenses: Breakfall, Disarm, Combination Parry/Attack
Hand Attacks: Strike, Palm Strike, Knife Hand, Backhand, Roundhouse (1D10), Uppercut (1D8)
Basic Foot Attacks: Kick, Snap Kick, Tripping/Leg Hooks, Backward Sweep, Mule Kick (NEW!): The Mule Kick is pretty simple. The martial artist picks up his rear leg and kicks backward with it. Damage is only 1D6, but it can be done on opponents behind the character.
Jumping Foot Attacks: None
Special Attacks: Body Block/Tackle, Body Flip/Throw, Choke, Knee, Elbow, Grab, Forearm, Entangle, Pin/Incapacitate, Death Blow, Pain Compliance (NEW!): This move is a toned down version of the Paralysis Attack. The artist will be able to latch onto a nerve, nerve junction, joint, or other vital point and put a serious hurtin' on their opponent. The victim must Save vs Pain or is -3 to all combat rolls while the Pain Compliance is in effect and for one melee after. Can only be done during a Hold, Lock, Grab, Entangle, or Pin/Incapacitate, Select one move from any Karate or Kung Fu form. No Chi abilities or other "Powers", standard and special attacks and defenses only.
Holds/Locks: Arm Hold, Leg Hold, Body Hold, Wrist Lock, Elbow Lock
Weapon Katas: None
Modifiers to Attacks: Critical Strike, Critical Strike from Behind, Knockout/Stun, Death Blow

SKILLS INCLUDED IN TRAINING
Martial Art Powers:
Dam Sum Sing (BH) and one more from the categories of Body Hardening, Special Katas, or Martial Art Techniques. If desired, any number of powers can be traded one-for-one for any Basic Skill Program (including Physical)
Philosophical Skills: Zen (can be substituted for the philosophical belief of the teacher)
If this is your Primary Martial Art Form, then the following other forms can be learned in a shorter time: T'ang Su Karate (3 years), Jujitsu (3 years), Yu-Sool (6 years), Ch'a Chu'an Kung Fu (4 years), and Agent Martial Arts (1 year).

LEVEL ADVANCEMENT BONUSES
Level 1:
Critical Strike, Critical Strike from Behind, +3 to Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact, +1 to Parry/Dodge, +1 to Strike
Level 2: +1 to Body Flip/Throw, +1 to Maintain Balance
Level 3: +1 Attack per Melee; select one standard attack, defense, or special move from any Martial Art Form (no "Powers")
Level 4: +1 to Strike, +2 to Parry/Dodge
Level 5: Select one (1) power from Body Hardening, Special Katas, or Martial Art Techniques
Level 6: +1 Attack per Melee, +1 to Body Flip/Throw
Level 7: +1 to Parry/Dodge, Critical Strike on Natural 19-20
Level 8: Knock-Out/Stun on Natural 19-20, +1 to Maintain Balance
Level 9: +1 Attack per Melee, +2 to Strike
Level 10: +1 to Parry/Dodge, Select one (1) power from Body Hardening, Special Katas, or Atemi Abilities
Level 11: +1 to Body Flip/Throw, Select one standard attack, defense, or special move from any Martial Art Form (no "Powers")
Level 12: +1 Attack per Melee, Critical Strike on Natural 18-20
Level 13: Select one (1) power from Atemi Abilities or Chi Mastery, Knockout/Stun on Natural 18-20
Level 14: +1 Attack per Melee, +1 to Strike
Level 15: Death Blow on Natural 20, Select one (1) power from Chi Mastery or Atemi Abilities.
Why Study KAJUKENBO?
"Why do you want to learn Kajukenbo?"
"Um, because I want to kick ass."
"Well, you've come to the right place."

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”