Gun rule?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

Gun rule?

Unread post by goodhometownboy »

can you use the same gun rules with all the energy weapons in rifts like you can in heroes i;e X5 damage if you use half your clip; uses two actions? ya know what i mean? and about the gun the fires 3 simo shots (microseconds) does the gun rules only apply to guns with ammo or do you just use the ammo rules?

thanks a bunch

come on ghost recon i know you have a answer for me
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Gun rule?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

goodhometownboy wrote:can you use the same gun rules with all the energy weapons in rifts like you can in heroes i;e X5 damage if you use half your clip; uses two actions? ya know what i mean?

The burst/spray rules originally applied to energy weapons in Rifts unless the rate of fire was listed as "single shot," "burst only," was a pulse weapon (L-20), or had some other kind of preset burst setting (C-12).
This was slowly weeded out, first by nerfing the gun listings, then by the RGMG's alternate rules for double-tapping instead of bursting, then finally killed off completely by RUE.

and about the gun the fires 3 simo shots (microseconds) does the gun rules only apply to guns with ammo or do you just use the ammo rules?

Not sure what you're asking here.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

and about the gun the fires 3 simo shots (microseconds) does the gun rules only apply to guns with ammo or do you just use the ammo rules?

Not sure what you're asking here.[/quote]

you answered what i was asking right above with burst shots thanks but just so i can clearafiy your saying the old rule would not let say a JA-10 (1D6X10+10) use the spray rule but now it can?

wow with spray rule energy weapons just got really dangerous...

it almost like it made rail guns weaker
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

goodhometownboy wrote:

Not sure what you're asking here.

you answered what i was asking right above with burst shots thanks but just so i can clearafiy your saying the old rule would not let say a JA-10 (1D6X10+10) use the spray rule but now it can?

wow with spray rule energy weapons just got really dangerous...

it almost like it made rail guns weaker[/quote]

Nah. There are no spray rules not.
Guns only get the bursts listed for them, even with SDC assault rifles and such.
So the JA-10 only has the 1d6x10+10 setting, and the JA-11 can no longer burst at all.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

ah i get it now ;) gun specified

Return to “Rifts®”