city creation rules?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: city creation rules?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Try getting Rifter one as a PDF from drive through RPG.
(see Palladiumbooks main page for the link)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

What kind of city? Perhaps you can work something out on the boards?
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

Sounds like you already have the city; why worry about rules? Just develop the idea a little more.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

funny, I'm currently tinkering with some civilization rules for a post apoc game I'm running. Deals with resource gathering, production, technology R&D, military strength and so on. If you are interested I could post them up and we could work on them together.
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

galahad13 wrote:for me the history is the easy part. My artistic ability is so low that when I draw a circle, people ask me how long I've been interested in the pyramids.

Invest in a compass. ;-)

A street planner doesn't draw squiggly lines if he doesn't have to. Consider Oxnard, CA, for example. Notice most of the city streets are straight with only a few curves.
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

city creation rules are in the rifts adventure guide

I use google earth (free) to get satellite images of the cities I want to use, and then use Photobucket (also free) to mark them up how I like.

Sounds like you have a good idea going. My suggestion for the maps would be totally free, and my players seem to like them. as far as the rules go...if you don't have money for the books, then just make them up. Write up the city how you envision it, and that's the way it will be. :)

Also, there are some rifts netbooks floating around out there somewhere. If you do a little bit of searching you can find them, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Good luck and happy gaming!

Return to “G.M.s Forum”