new zenjorike and other martial art combinations

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

blade76
Explorer

new zenjorike and other martial art combinations

Unread post by blade76 »

Bhegr on his site did a combination of Art of Shadows and Mind walk, and it got me thinking of other martial art combinations with zenjoike which make a martial art an exclusive art.What are your ideas on new zenjorike and how do you think they will combine with other martial art powers?
Mantisking
Hero

Re: new zenjorike and other martial art combinations

Unread post by Mantisking »

blade76 wrote:Bhegr on his site did a combination of Art of Shadows and Mind walk, and it got me thinking of other martial art combinations with zenjoike which make a martial art an exclusive art.What are your ideas on new zenjorike and how do you think they will combine with other martial art powers?

I've got one over on PMAP, and I think there are a couple others as well.

Ninjapuppy wrote:I've been thinking about this for some time. It's difficult to bring new abilities into Ninja's and Suprspies, becuase the Martial art powers are relativly week on their own ( Accept CHI). Putting one or two together seems to work best, but the organization and content is a bit weak when you concider the name of the book. I've always wanted more ( Don't we all)! The martial arts are excellent! I wished their were more powers.

What? I've made a whole bunch of new powers. And I don't think they have to be massively powerful on their own, just have work well in combination, be interesting, or fill some void in the power structure.

Ninjapuppy wrote:The first thing I'd do, is do away with the groups and call all powers Zenjoriki ( Mind Focus) as all powers require years of practice and focus by the martial artist. After that I'm still working on it.

No, no, no, no, no. Zenjorike are Martial Arts Magic. They are something that is beyond Chi Powers. And the current groups are perfect, they allow you to build styles that range from purely physical to very mystical and the range in between.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Mantisking
Hero

Ninjapuppy wrote:Finally, someone who disagrees with me!

You've never had a disagreement on a message board before? Wow!

Ninjapuppy wrote:How about this.

Tamashiwara and One Mind Kata Strike. Allows for a whole melee of double damage HP strikes plus one double of Strike roll or 4x damage to HP! That'll cut down any SDC monster!

Nice combo, but you're limited to one atack for the Melee Round. So it's either a double Strike roll + double Damage roll, or quadruple Damage. Of course if you attack from behind it's an Automatic Critical for most styles and add in some sort of jumping/flying kick for an additional critical you're looking at x6 damage. Only Hwarang Do, Isshin Ryu, Jujutsu, Kyokushinkai, Ninjutsu, Sankukai, Tae Kwon Do, Te, Muay Thai, Wui Wing Chun, or Xing Chiao from the main book will be able to pull off this trick as well. Eleven styles, so it's not that bad.

On the other hand, Withering Flesh Atemi will reduce S.D.C. to one point in two successful strikes. Blood Flow Atemi bypasses S.D.C. Entirely.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Mantisking
Hero

Ninjapuppy wrote:I was holding back.

I was mainly running off the top of my head.

Ninjapuppy wrote:Check out Coldstrike; Hondo Drager, 7x HP damage from behind!

Which version of Ninjutsu are you using? Because I can't see how he got the x3 Damage from Behind modifier.
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

The zenjoriki in mystic china are to few , there are more powers(ideas) for zenjoriki.

I'm thinking of one focused on the body , by rooting himself to the earth calls up greater strength and durability by assuming a certain stance.

Another which focuses on energy channeling and redirection

Another one based on attacking probability and seeing different aspects of reality, require a master blind himself/herself to access it.

Another focused on speed, where karumijutsu is (balance /agility ) , this is spped and reaction time( I think of it as moment folding)
Mantisking
Hero

blade76 wrote:I'm thinking of one focused on the body , by rooting himself to the earth calls up greater strength and durability by assuming a certain stance.

Horse Stance?

blade76 wrote:Another which focuses on energy channeling and redirection.

Like the Chi Power?

blade76 wrote:Another one based on attacking probability and seeing different aspects of reality, require a master blind himself/herself to access it.

Wow, that's a little rough.

blade76 wrote:Another focused on speed, where karumijutsu is (balance /agility ) , this is spped and reaction time( I think of it as moment folding)

I've been thinking of re-doing KarumiJutsu. I don't think it's really powerful enough for a Zenjorike.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”