Soul Drinking Rune Weapons & Demon/Devil Minions

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AaronCE
D-Bee

Soul Drinking Rune Weapons & Demon/Devil Minions

Unread post by AaronCE »

So.. The evil witch that is pledged to evil Devil/Demon Lord whomever is pilliging your countryside. You grab your trusty rune smiter Snookums. Even though Soul Drinking is a bit of an abberrant feature, Snookums happens to drink souls, even though he/she/it is of a good alignment. (as are you) Off you go to battle this evil witch.

Lots of blood and thunder later, you stand victorious over the lifeless corpse of said evil witch. Felled by a soul drinking attack. Snookums got 'im/'er.

Now here's where it might get interesting. So this eville witch had pledged his/her soul to Demon/Devil Lord whomever. You killed 'im/'er. Snookums drunk the soul. Does this mean Devil/Demon Lord whomever just got cheated out of the pledged soul? Obviously the infernal one would be pissed that you offed his/her minion, but would it be even more vengeful due to you pilfering it's pledged soul? Me thinks yea.

Just an interesting thought.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Soul Drinking Rune Weapons & Demon/Devil Minions

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Very good points. That could lead to some nastiness, definitely.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Actually, peldging your soul is not a valid pact in Palladium. You can pledge your firstborn, your lifes work, to build a temple, but readng it over, apparently your soul isn't worth that much anymore :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Actually, peldging your soul is not a valid pact in Palladium. You can pledge your firstborn, your lifes work, to build a temple, but readng it over, apparently your soul isn't worth that much anymore :)

Maybe not YOUR soul, but page 115 of PFRPG begs to differ.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:
AaronCE wrote:So.. The evil witch that is pledged to evil Devil/Demon Lord whomever is pilliging your countryside. You grab your trusty rune smiter Snookums. Even though Soul Drinking is a bit of an abberrant feature, Snookums happens to drink souls, even though he/she/it is of a good alignment. (as are you) Off you go to battle this evil witch.

Lots of blood and thunder later, you stand victorious over the lifeless corpse of said evil witch. Felled by a soul drinking attack. Snookums got 'im/'er.

Now here's where it might get interesting. So this eville witch had pledged his/her soul to Demon/Devil Lord whomever. You killed 'im/'er. Snookums drunk the soul. Does this mean Devil/Demon Lord whomever just got cheated out of the pledged soul? Obviously the infernal one would be pissed that you offed his/her minion, but would it be even more vengeful due to you pilfering it's pledged soul? Me thinks yea.

Just an interesting thought.

Just killing its minion would make it mad, but I don't think that it would all that much more up set.

Now if the witch had the gift of union a your soul drinker absorbed the Demon lord essance fragment as well. Then the demon lord would be out for revenge something feirce.

Agreed.

If it is a high level minion than more than a low level minion.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”