Other Espionage RPGs

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mantisking
Hero

Other Espionage RPGs

Unread post by Mantisking »

So I picked up Spycraft:World On Fire over the weekend. It was $10 and I can't resist a bargain. I haven't read that far into it yet but what I've seen I've really liked. Twelve pages of short bios on real world agencies, and seven pages of real world operations will go far in whatever espionage game I decide to run next. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the book.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Vidynn
Adventurer

Re: Other Espionage RPGs

Unread post by Vidynn »

I like the James Bond RPG a lot! the mechanics are really good, the scenarios are stunning and the setting is excellent. of course, its a completely different cup of tea compared to NS&S...the two games have a quite different feel to them. like 'em both.

both the rulesbook and the For your information only GM-book contain info that can be used in other spy-games as well.
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Vidynn wrote:I like the James Bond RPG a lot! the mechanics are really good, the scenarios are stunning and the setting is excellent. of course, its a completely different cup of tea compared to NS&S...the two games have a quite different feel to them. like 'em both.

both the rulesbook and the For your information only GM-book contain info that can be used in other spy-games as well.

I have the Q Manual, but not the game itself. I'll have to track down a copy one of these days.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

oh yeah, the Q-manual is pretty good too!!

and I forgot Conspiracy X which can be played as a straight spy-game (but the setting is a lot richer if you do combine all the elements from conspiracies to aliens to horror and the supernatural...).
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Desert Rat
Wanderer

Unread post by Desert Rat »

I started out playing Top Secret/SI. Played a little James Bond, but when I found N&SS, it was all over for the other systems.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”