Cyber-Knight Psi-Swords on Dark Day Earth

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Cyber-Knight Psi-Swords on Dark Day Earth

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

If a Cyber-Knight (Rifts RPG) went to Dark Day Earth, how much damage would his Psi-Sword do -It's SDC, now, not MDC. I know this, but many Powers/Spells ETC do more DICE of Damage when it's SDC, look at some of the Spells, like Firebolt. If a Psi-Sword does only 1D6 SDC for a low-level Cyber-Knight, he might as well use a knife, cuz it's gonna do as much/little damage.
Thanks,
Gared Battlespike-Headhunter
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Re: Cyber-Knight Psi-Swords on Dark Day Earth

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Same progression, but 2d6 initially seems reasonable.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

GaredBattlespike wrote:If a Cyber-Knight (Rifts RPG) went to Dark Day Earth, how much damage would his Psi-Sword do -It's SDC, now, not MDC. I know this, but many Powers/Spells ETC do more DICE of Damage when it's SDC, look at some of the Spells, like Firebolt. If a Psi-Sword does only 1D6 SDC for a low-level Cyber-Knight, he might as well use a knife, cuz it's gonna do as much/little damage.
Thanks,

With many MD weapons, like vibro-blades, the SDC damage is 2x the MD damage in dice.
So a vibro-knife would inflict 1d6 MD or 2d6 SDC, depending on the setting.

I could see the same logic applying to a Psi-Sword.

On the other hand, a more official way of doing things would be to look at the Super Psionic Psi-Sword power in SDC settings and compare the damage to the Psi-Sword in Rifts.
If they both do the same damage (only in SDC vs. MD), then the CK's psi-sword would likely work the same way.

The thing to remember is that the CK's Psi-Sword is NOT special because it deals a lot of damage, but because it can hurt almost anything, and it is a melee weapon generated out of nothing but psionic power.
There are better weapons, but they're not as concealable or convenient.

Edit:
Also, if you take the Fencing skill, that's another d6 damage that the knife won't get.
Also, also, a CK's skill with a sword is likely to be better than his skill with a knife- better bonuses.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

GaredBattlespike wrote:If a Cyber-Knight (Rifts RPG) went to Dark Day Earth, how much damage would his Psi-Sword do -It's SDC, now, not MDC. I know this, but many Powers/Spells ETC do more DICE of Damage when it's SDC, look at some of the Spells, like Firebolt. If a Psi-Sword does only 1D6 SDC for a low-level Cyber-Knight, he might as well use a knife, cuz it's gonna do as much/little damage.
Thanks,

The regular Psi-Sword in Nightbane does the same damage as Rifts Psi-sword die wise, just MD. I see no reason the cyber knights psi-sword should be more powerful compartivly all of the sudden.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

True, the weapon cannot be lost. I also concede that it affects (or is that "effects") almost anything. 1D6 with normal progression it is. Thank you for you insights.
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”