W.P. Daisho ?

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: W.P. Daisho ?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

WP Daishio is actually three WP's combined.
WP Katana, WP Wakizashi and WP Paired katana & wakizashi.

If you want to make the game rules reflect the real world.
While the style to use these blades are different then the western swords, they receive the same bonuses as wp large sword and small sword. However, because of the style difference, the skills are not translatable between the types of blades.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Rider wrote:I always wondered though, like particularly in the case of Zanji Shijenkin Ryu (really the only place it's brought up) you can start off with a higher level skill in the Daisho than in either the Katana or Wakazashi.

I interpreted that to mean that you only get the advances skill when wielding them together, and that you would degrade if you lost either weapon?

Obviously :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Aku-Arkaine
Wanderer

Unread post by Aku-Arkaine »

There is a set of bonuses for Daisho in the Rifts: Japan book under the Samurai O.C.C.
Sir Orin Neville Smythe: Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend, and then farewell -- The Flight of the Dragons
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Aku-Arkaine wrote:There is a set of bonuses for Daisho in the Rifts: Japan book under the Samurai O.C.C.

The only time I use the MA h2h from japan in an SDC game is when I want to spice up a HU2 or NS char. And then I just replace MA with Judo. :rolleyes:
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Katanas and wakizashi are wielded differently than western swords, and different types of swords are used differently, such as the difference between rapiers and machetes. I always thought they should have WPs for different types the same as they do for the difference between revolvers and pistols. But that is just my opinion, I could be wrong.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Grandil
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 'tis an ill wind that blows no minds, Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar-Jung to Freud
425 Geek Points "There is NO separation between God, & Man" Joseph Campbell

Unread post by Grandil »

Rifter 31 has specialization rules for this, but not as specific.
Sometimes a Cigar is just a cigar-Jung to Freud
Feel it- Freud's Cigar, 300 geek points!

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”