Rune Weapons.

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

Rune Weapons.

Unread post by Lenwen »

Can anyone show me if there is precident to allow a Rune Weapon .. the ability to call demons, deevils, and or Angels or even any other type of "Allies" .. so to speak ?

Incident, my PC wanted to know if I would allow a certain rune weapon in which they designed which had only 3 spells in it an could cast it 3x per 24 hours.

The spells,
1) - Call Shadow Beasts. 1d4 Shadow beasts.

2) - Speed Weapon.

3) - Reality Flux.

I do not mind either the Speed Weapon or the Reality Flux spells but I do have issues with the Call Shadow Beasts spell of the Greater Rune weapon.

Hence me asking online if any of you guys know of any precendent in which a rune weapon has ever had (Canonly) the ability to call upon a race as it is ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Re: Rune Weapons.

Unread post by csbioborg »

lord dunscon daemonfist greatest rune staff
can call a bunch of demons

Possesses the eight main abilities of all rune weapons.
Diabolic alignment, IQ: 18
Inflicts ID6x10 M.D. per physical blow.
Soul Drinker
The wielder’s spells are cast at a strength 3 levels higher
Summon Demons: Once per day, the wielder may summon
ID4 demons (random type) to fight on his or her behalf. They
will stay for 10 minutes per level of the wielder, then return
from whence they came
Blood Ritual: By sacrificing four sentient beings, the wielder
may summon one lesser demon per level of his experience or
one greater demon per every two levels of experience. These
will stay at his side for 24 hours and 10% may he convinced to
stay indefinitely.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

csbioborg wrote:lord dunscon daemonfist greatest rune staff
can call a bunch of demons

Possesses the eight main abilities of all rune weapons.
Diabolic alignment, IQ: 18
Inflicts ID6x10 M.D. per physical blow.
Soul Drinker

So then there is precedent for that very thing.

Thanks csbioborg.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

If I'm not mistaken some of the weapons in the "Library of Beltharde" (sp.) could also summon other creatures.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Lenwen wrote:...Incident, my PC wanted to know if I would allow a certain rune weapon in which they designed ,,,

No! Bad game master. PC's are not supposed to learn how to make rune weapons. Yes, I know there a couple of ways it can happen perfectly innocently in some books, but unless your running an extremely high-power game, Spluggies will suck out his/her brain.

Your player's character should immediately ask a PC or NPC mind melter to psychically erase the information from her mind, before it's too late.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Metathiax

Unread post by Metathiax »

Khanibal wrote:
Lenwen wrote:...Incident, my PC wanted to know if I would allow a certain rune weapon in which they designed ,,,

No! Bad game master. PC's are not supposed to learn how to make rune weapons. Yes, I know there a couple of ways it can happen perfectly innocently in some books, but unless your running an extremely high-power game, Spluggies will suck out his/her brain.

Your player's character should immediately ask a PC or NPC mind melter to psychically erase the information from her mind, before it's too late.

the player just designed the weapon, he never said that the character would be using rune magic to create it.

asgardian and star dwarves both have the ability to learn rune magic seems the splugorth can't quite reach them all.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”