How would you do this? TW, tech or some other method?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

G
Adventurer

Re: How would you do this? TW, tech or some other method?

Unread post by G »

Don't waste your time looking up the Gizmoteer - it is not worth the effort to use or play. You should be able to find previous discussions about them on the boards - what it boils down to is that psychics are generally given the shaft in PB where there is a psi & a mage class that do the same thing; the mage class is superior. In this instance, when creating TW/Gizmoteer items, which would you rather have 1: a mage with access to almost unlimited spells (with more in every second book) or 2: a psi with access to a few abilities every level (don't expect more in future books).

I have a lot of TW ideas on my website.

When doing this as a TW you want to start by deciding how your device will be powered - it will take LOADS of magic to do what you are considering.

Then you have to decide on the delivery spells which is as simple as looking up all the mind control spells (of which there are quite a few) ...you might just decide on fear for 5PPE. Then compare to see what else you could do with 5 PPE or less that would achieve essentially the same effect. For example you could blanket the city in a cloud of smoke (only 1PPE for a single cloud, although you might do better trying to find a necromancer or access to air elemental magic). Then see if higher PPE spells work better: you might want to try some illusion spells of aliens attacking and then try to do that en masse...who needs a TV?! When you can cast spells like apparition (for 20 PPE everyones TVs try to kill them, resulting in the majority of the population getting insanities..or destroying their TVs during the most watched TV event of the year :).

Enjoy!
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”