PPE Question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MightyAtom
Wanderer

PPE Question

Unread post by MightyAtom »

Hi all,

With looking at men of magic OCCs, I had a thought about their PPE. How much PPE would someone get when they have an RCC that had a decent starting PPE base that takes a magic OCC (like LLW). What's their starting PPE?? Is it the PPE from their RCC + from OCC or is it just the amount from their OCC (which is usually a starting number + their PE attribute??

Thanks again

MightyAtom

(wow... so many TLAs... :lol: )
"Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kick-ass."
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Re: PPE Question

Unread post by Xar »

I would go with whichever was greater, to reflect them being a living battery of magic, but not both.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
MightyAtom
Wanderer

Unread post by MightyAtom »

Xar wrote:I would go with whichever was greater, to reflect them being a living battery of magic, but not both.

Ah yes... that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the quick reply! :-D
"Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kick-ass."
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Guylanda wrote:I would say add them. Adding the numbers reflects that the race has great magic potential and in addition to that has spent his life attempting to build it like any other sorcerer.

I just think that to do one or the other is to deny that the individual is gifted or the individual's dedication and training.

I've done it both ways, and it seemed too much to add them. YMMV.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If it is an "R.C.C.", and they take a Magic Class, then you use the Magic Class's Base PPE.

If it is a "Race", then you would take the higher of the two.

If it is a "race" that in the text they specifically say to add the race PPE to the class PPE then and only then do you add the two together.

However, The Only two "races" I can think of that add ANY PPE to the class PPE are the godling rcc and the demigod class. And those two only give PPE bonuses.

The above are what the canon rules say. Even if they don't say them out right like these.

The above are house rule modifiable, but then they would only be house rules.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:If it is an "R.C.C.", and they take a Magic Class, then you use the Magic Class's Base PPE.

If it is a "race" that in the text they specifically say to add the race PPE to the class PPE then and only then do you add the two together.

However, The Only two "races" I can think of that add ANY PPE to the class PPE are the godling rcc and the demigod class. And those two only give PPE bonuses.

The above are what the canon rules say. Even if they don't say them out right like these.

Draconids from Phase world also add PPE.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

add elf for that matter too, though it is not as much
londonbaz

Unread post by londonbaz »

Guylanda wrote:
Astral Pantheon wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:If it is an "R.C.C.", and they take a Magic Class, then you use the Magic Class's Base PPE.

Draconids from Phase world also add PPE.

Also D'norr and Kildred. But Kildred are kinda nuts, especially in Palladium. They seem slightly more suited to Rifts I think.

Dewtani add a scary large number as well.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

The way I see it, you are generating magic energy, the number you start with is the amount you can maintain. As a Mage, you learn to hold more, but not generate more, essentially being a battery. The reason you regain PPE so slowly is because you cannot maintain more than your racial allotment, and must draw energy from other sources to recharge your magical battery. As such, I always add base ppe with learned ppe of a mage class. otherwise, what would be the point of having a high natural ppe, other than making yourself a target for various and sundry predators.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.

Return to “Rifts®”