Familiar help

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

Familiar help

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

I'm currently playing a decadent Shifter and I would like some advice for a supernatural critter to turn into a familiar using 'Summon Greater Familiar". Now the being summoned is going to basically be the Shifter's concubine. What i would like to know is there anything other than a Succubi or a Dakini in Palladium cannon that would really fit the role envisioned for this Familiar?
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Re: Familiar help

Unread post by Anthar »

Beautiful People RCC from the Nightbane WB 2: Nightlands and the Ashmedai(sp?) RCC both are listed as being able to be used as standard familiars. I can't remember if the Namtar Hollow Men RCC is allowed as a familiar too or not but that would be a good one too.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Correct me here, but isn't there a difference in what is available via Find Familiar and Summon Greater Familiar?
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Misfit KotLD wrote:Correct me here, but isn't there a difference in what is available via Find Familiar and Summon Greater Familiar?

Yes there is, generally the familiar ability is only limited to certain non-sentient beings but with the release of Nightlands and Dimension Builder that line has been blurred a little. Generally, only Summon Greater Familiar used to allow bonding with a sentient lesser supernatural creature.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

A possessing entity (I'll have them possess a beautiful t-woman)

A Valkyre. Also consider using these as a minion slot, you can probably get two.

A werebear.

A water elemental spirit.

Kaluga Hag (L5 necromancer)..they can be good looking for an hour or so.

I consider the succubus an iffy familiar, they are good if they are loyal - but there is no guarantee of that. Their special ability, lets call it spying, would mean that you may have to ditch the rest of the PC group and play your familiar while the rest of the group does something else. Or skip the RP part of the game having them provide intel for you. Don't get me wrong, I like them.

Once you hit level 3 you are probably best off to use two minion slots for a Cheruu Angel. Some people prefer the fire angel, assuming that if its better at combat, you won't need it to bring you back from the dead.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”