So I haver watched this movie a few times on Instant Watch..

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: So I haver watched this movie a few times on Instant Watch..

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Robot Urchin wrote:
Abub wrote:.... and is it just me or did the art in Shadow Chronicles go totally for almost a Hentai style in the way every single woman is drawn?

I loved the movie, and I really hope to see more Robotech though. Maybe I'm remembering the original differently but Dana Sterling or Minmei (for examples) were never drawn like that.

Well, they were drawn over 20 years apart and by different people. Wemon with watermellons under their shirts and back problems are common in recent anime. Blame it on a lack of quality control from HG with RtSC.

actually, they're common with american studios trying to duplicate what they think is an 'anime' style. real anime continues to have as wide a range of art styles and character design as before. frankly, i blame it more on Comic books, which definately have gone the unrealistically..uhh.."endowed"..route..
sadly, the anime that gets imported over here (at least, the stuff that gets noticed), tends to conform to what the importers beleive is what american fans want. meaning "huge tracks of land". the stuff thats more conventional tends not to get as much notice unless it's got some really plot.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Chris
Explorer

Unread post by Chris »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Robot Urchin wrote:
Abub wrote:.... and is it just me or did the art in Shadow Chronicles go totally for almost a Hentai style in the way every single woman is drawn?

I loved the movie, and I really hope to see more Robotech though. Maybe I'm remembering the original differently but Dana Sterling or Minmei (for examples) were never drawn like that.

Well, they were drawn over 20 years apart and by different people. Wemon with watermellons under their shirts and back problems are common in recent anime. Blame it on a lack of quality control from HG with RtSC.

actually, they're common with american studios trying to duplicate what they think is an 'anime' style. real anime continues to have as wide a range of art styles and character design as before. frankly, i blame it more on Comic books, which definately have gone the unrealistically..uhh.."endowed"..route..
sadly, the anime that gets imported over here (at least, the stuff that gets noticed), tends to conform to what the importers beleive is what american fans want. meaning "huge tracks of land". the stuff thats more conventional tends not to get as much notice unless it's got some really plot.

This also explains the skin tight flight suit worn by everyone. If it wasn't for it being established that CVR-3 is standard fare, you probably would have seen them in the skin tight outfit and little else within the cockpit, EVA style.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

No it went to a "Fan Service" style. Hentai would have fewer clothes.
That is besides the fact that the 'uniforms' that are form fitting serve better as pressure suits (when you add in a helmet) then those that leave room for underclothing.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”