ppe

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Re: ppe

Unread post by Anthar »

I don't think that was ever covered. I may be wrong, but I think with the new revised editions, there is no difference in the personal amount of PPE. Just a difference between SDC and MDC settings and the availablilty of ambient PPE.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

No difference....since the Spells themselves don't change in PPE Requirement across dimensions.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The only changes [that I can think of off hand] would be the level of damage the spells inflict and the amount of protection the spells give, (like the difference between AoI and Call lighting spell between MD/MDC and ND/SDC worlds) and recovery rates for PPE.

The exceptions to these basics is the splicers' world where the magic and Psi would do MD and give MDC protection but it is a low magic world so it has very long PPE recovery rates. Might be incorrect about the magic doing/giving MD/MDC, I've only skimmed the Splicers book.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

tonyweeman wrote:how would a charachters ppe base change going from the rifts setting to some other low-magic setting?

It dosn't change at all. Only the damage of spells change.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Most spells don't change, but there are a few where something in them do (ie: damage, duration, PPE cost, ect). My suggestion is that if you have a main book to one of the other worlds (ie: HU, BTS, PFRPG, NB) then use the spells as presented in them. But if you can't find the spell, just change damage from MD to SD.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”