TW Death Walker

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: TW Death Walker

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Can you even use a Ritual Spell as part of a TW device?? :?
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

paxmiles wrote:Doing an alternate setting for Rifts. In my setting, techno wizards are forbidden magic users, much in the same way that necromancers are viewed in most game settings.

It's not just that the TW are forbidden, they are almost always pure evil. They create monsterous creations and just let them loose (sort of like the Splicers).

Anyway, working on a TW robot that is both a killing machine and able to use "create zombie" on it's victims. I call it a "Death Walker." It's an NPC villain in all respects.

Although it is a dangerous TW robot, the swarms of Zombies that it can command is the real scary bit of the creation. And it's not like the Zombies will disappear if the Death Walker is destroyed.

So for appearance and basic design, it's a CS spider skull walker. The skull main body looks much more demonic and has a mouth that can open to reveal the interior. The lower laser turret is replaced by a pair of mandibles that can "scoop" up dead things and put them inside the main body via the mouth. Once inside the mouth, the Death Walker can use the Create Zombie spell to make another Zombie.

Although the Death Walker has a power source, it still needs PPE to power the Create Zombie. So that Ability is a Ley line activated one.

This results in the Death Walker commuting between towns with living creatures in them and bringing the corpse back to the ley line. The Death Walker can store up to five (5) corpses in it's mouth at any given point in time. The Death Walker isn't limited by most of the spell requirements (like full moon) but does have to have a corpse that died not more than 6 hours ago.

The Death Walker has a rather simple AI that focuses on creating corpses (by "creating corpses" it means killing people, but the Death Walker thinks about it more like a task than an evil act) and making them Zombies.

It then gives the Zombies a pre-recorded message of instructions, typically something like, "kill all humans," or, "Follow and Defend me."

Anyway, looking for help at making some rules for this TW "device." Also, suggestions for onboard weapons of TW design to replace the standard CS versions. Other suggestions to help make this a horror of TW design would be very helpful.

This will be an NPC villain's creation, not something for the PCs - so having really rare or odd spells built into it is totally fine.

Thanks for any help.
-Pax

Well...

A) The "Death Walker" O.C.C. exists in Rifter #8 pg. 89. It's a good reference for what you want to do, but I'd change the name.

B) Rifter #13 has the "Necro-tech" class that specializes in the combination of necromancy and bionics.

C) Rifter #41 has the TW Full conversion borg on pg. 81. Also a good reference for creating a TW robot.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Long Shadow
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Long Shadow »

Not on par, with the Death Walker, it does make me recall the Reanimator in the Rifts sourcebook Black Vault... a small device that you stick into the back on someone's head and reanimates them into the walking dead.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”