My Name Is Not Listed In Heroes Of The Megaverse

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

velcRomanceR
Wanderer
Location: Being an interdimensional party provider/tour guide, I never know with any certainty where I'll be.

My Name Is Not Listed In Heroes Of The Megaverse

Unread post by velcRomanceR »

I received Heroes Of The Megaverse yesterday. Great cover. Great art work inside. Looks like the editing has created a balance between words and pictures. I like the myriad of new abilities/powers. I like the "real world" people created as heroes. What a feeling to be listed in this magnificent book!

Hrmph, my name is not in this book. Not my real name. Not my message board name. Not the name I suggested in early October of 2006 when I made the order for the Heroes Of The Megaverse Print. Order number 18131 if you must have proof.

I went through the list of names thrice. I couldn't stand to check a fourth time and find my name missing. I understand all the logistics that go into writing, editing, and publishing a book. I understand deadlines. I understand this book has been forecast as a kind of make it or break it for Palladium Books. It's sad. Much tension was built up at the time over Palladium Books and "The Crisis of Treachery." The fans of Palladium Books were put in a position to choose to donate to Palladium Books and buy the Heroes Of The Megaverse Print or watch the company, which had inspired them and given them hours of creative reward, go bankrupt. That is how I felt. I knew I had done the right thing - not just for me but for anyone who had ever rolled a d20 against a crazed creature from the Rifts. The most important part of the book for me, had I written it, would have been the list of names in the back, or the creation of a character (which was proposed at the time of purchase) with the suggested name of the purchaser of the Heroes Of The Megaverse Print. I received neither. I hope I am the only one.

I am bitter, but I will not let this affect my playing of the game(s). At least not at first - maybe this feeling of "treachery" <perhaps too harsh?> will grow.

For now I can only lament, hope for some consolation, and continue to game. My players need me. They're soon going up against a team of 12 Goblins who have learned to pilot 3 stolen Glitter Boys. I would hate to disappoint them. They might find another means for fun and escape.

Take Care.
Nothing is true, all is permitted
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: My Name Is Not Listed In Heroes Of The Megaverse

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

If that is so I feel for you but you have taken it graciously and I commend you for that. If you have been missed then maybe PB would make it up by posting your name in a further publication. You could be a new Master Vampire or something.....
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

velcRomanceR wrote:
I received Heroes Of The Megaverse yesterday. Great cover. Great art work inside. Looks like the editing has created a balance between words and pictures. I like the myriad of new abilities/powers. I like the "real world" people created as heroes. What a feeling to be listed in this magnificent book!

Hrmph, my name is not in this book. Not my real name. Not my message board name. Not the name I suggested in early October of 2006 when I made the order for the Heroes Of The Megaverse Print. Order number 18131 if you must have proof.

I went through the list of names thrice. I couldn't stand to check a fourth time and find my name missing. I understand all the logistics that go into writing, editing, and publishing a book. I understand deadlines. I understand this book has been forecast as a kind of make it or break it for Palladium Books. It's sad. Much tension was built up at the time over Palladium Books and "The Crisis of Treachery." The fans of Palladium Books were put in a position to choose to donate to Palladium Books and buy the Heroes Of The Megaverse Print or watch the company, which had inspired them and given them hours of creative reward, go bankrupt. That is how I felt. I knew I had done the right thing - not just for me but for anyone who had ever rolled a d20 against a crazed creature from the Rifts. The most important part of the book for me, had I written it, would have been the list of names in the back, or the creation of a character (which was proposed at the time of purchase) with the suggested name of the purchaser of the Heroes Of The Megaverse Print. I received neither. I hope I am the only one.

I am bitter, but I will not let this affect my playing of the game(s). At least not at first - maybe this feeling of "treachery" <perhaps too harsh?> will grow.

For now I can only lament, hope for some consolation, and continue to game. My players need me. They're soon going up against a team of 12 Goblins who have learned to pilot 3 stolen Glitter Boys. I would hate to disappoint them. They might find another means for fun and escape.

Take Care.
Look on the bright side, Velcro.

You, and everybody else who owns this "error-ridden" tome (I assume that more people than just yourself have been mistakenly omitted)......

........you guys all have your hands on an INSTANT collectible.

By the way, do you have an upside-down Postage Stamp from 1908 lying around somewhere, or a illustrated book with a guy dressed in red and blue tights that says "#1" on the top ? I'll give you a nice shiny quarter for both of them. :D
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Suggest you PM Alex and let him know what happened.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Did you get a response velcromancer?
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Please direct all questions and complaints about your Palladium Books Online or Mail Catalog order by using the online order problems form at
http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/help/ or you can call the order line: (734) 721-2903.

Please be aware that Palladium employees do not regularly read these message boards, thus they may not be able to help you resolve issues with your order in a timely manner if you raise questions/concerns in the forums

Palladium Books Inc.
39074 Webb Court
Westland, MI 48185
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I've alerted PB Staff to this thread. We should see a response soon.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Wayne Smith
OLD ONE

Unread post by Wayne Smith »

Kevin will be discussing this in today's Weekly Update, which will go up later this evening, but I wanted to address this to clear up a couple of points.

velcRomanceR wrote:Hrmph, my name is not in this book. Not my real name. Not my message board name. Not the name I suggested in early October of 2006 when I made the order for the Heroes Of The Megaverse Print. Order number 18131 if you must have proof.

Actually, it was the $50 "A Megaverse United" print whose purchasers were told their names would appear in this book. Not the $10 "Heroes of the Megaverse" print that came out several months later, which was the one you purchased. That later print had the contest in which 40 lucky buyers would see their names used as characters in various books in the future (about half of whom have appeared thus far).

velcRomanceR wrote:Much tension was built up at the time over Palladium Books and "The Crisis of Treachery." The fans of Palladium Books were put in a position to choose to donate to Palladium Books and buy the Heroes Of The Megaverse Print or watch the company, which had inspired them and given them hours of creative reward, go bankrupt.

The release of the "Heroes of the Megaverse" print which you purchased was several months after the incredible outpouring of support we received in those first few weeks, largely in the form of purchases of the $50 "A Megaverse United" print. Certainly, we were still recovering when it was released, but I think you're confusing these two prints and how they were presented.

velcRomanceR wrote:The most important part of the book for me, had I written it, would have been the list of names in the back, or the creation of a character (which was proposed at the time of purchase) with the suggested name of the purchaser of the Heroes Of The Megaverse Print.

What you're referring to here is the contest that was associated with the print you purchased, which said that ten buyers per month, for the first four months, would be selected randomly, and those 40 people would have characters created using their names and be printed in future books. The buyers of that print were not told they would appear in the upcoming Heroes of the Megaverse book.

We are very sorry for this confusion, and I can certainly see how the print and the book of the same name could be confused. That said, we were very clear at the time that the $50 "A Megaverse United" print was the one folks had to purchase to have their names appear in a future book called Heroes of the Megaverse. The "Heroes of the Megaverse" print was something that came up much later, after Dennis Hughes had the original illustration commissioned, and was done largely as a "thank you" to all of you who helped us out in the preceding months, which was why it was only priced at $10.

Another thing we're very sorry for, which has been mentioned elsewhere, is that we forgot to include the names of those who made PayPal donations. We had forgotten about that completely, and we feel really bad about it. We are thinking over ways to try and make it up to those folks (for one thing, if/when Heroes of the Megaverse goes to a second printing, we will add those names).

Wayne Smith
Palladium Books
velcRomanceR
Wanderer
Location: Being an interdimensional party provider/tour guide, I never know with any certainty where I'll be.

Unread post by velcRomanceR »

Thank you, all, for the clarification. I now remember the timeline and the particulars of the two "print" sales and the differences between the two. I did confuse the two prints, the fifty dollar (which I remember I was unable to afford) and the ten dollar (which I purchased) - understandable as this has been over four years ago. As Kevin stated in this week's update, "I fear I’m only human and I make mistakes. I hope you understand."

I know my contribution has been or will be used to the fullest extent which I intended - which is to keep Palladium Books publishing great works of art for the enjoyment of myself and all who crave this creative outlet.

I will continue to support Palladium Books in its efforts to make impressive RPG products. Thanks again for those who read this thread and who replied in a sentimental fashion. Truly, Palladium Books's fans are the BEST fans.

Take care.
Nothing is true, all is permitted
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

velcRomanceR wrote:Thank you, all, for the clarification. I now remember the timeline and the particulars of the two "print" sales and the differences between the two. I did confuse the two prints, the fifty dollar (which I remember I was unable to afford) and the ten dollar (which I purchased) - understandable as this has been over four years ago. As Kevin stated in this week's update, "I fear I’m only human and I make mistakes. I hope you understand."

I know my contribution has been or will be used to the fullest extent which I intended - which is to keep Palladium Books publishing great works of art for the enjoyment of myself and all who crave this creative outlet.

I will continue to support Palladium Books in its efforts to make impressive RPG products. Thanks again for those who read this thread and who replied in a sentimental fashion. Truly, Palladium Books's fans are the BEST fans.

Take care.

As I said above, very gracious Velcromancer.

Btw does your name mean you casts spells with Velcro or that you are dating a girl named Velc? :clown:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”