Tattoo Magic question regarding TW

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Johnathan
Adventurer

Re: Tattoo Magic question regarding TW

Unread post by Johnathan »

First off: Greetings and welcome!

Secondly, while your idea is creative and thought provoking, I do not think it is within the realm of magical possibility. Reason being is the two magicks (Techno-Wizardry and Tattoo Magic) are fundamentally on such different levels that it's just... not possible. Consider the conduits for which the two magicks work.

Techno-wizardy uses technology to channel magic effects. Tattoo Magic relys on placing magically empowered tattoes onto a living creature to empower THEM. See? Techno-wizardy empowers technology. Tattoo Magic, arguably, artifically empowers an individual. Consider that it is not really the user of tattoo magic that wields the power, but the tattoos themselves that hold power.

Techno-Wizardry is different. A Techno-Wizard item (well MOST), are inert pieces of JUNK unless they are being used by someone who has the power, and knowledge, to use them. Tattoo Magic GIVES the users the power to use their tattoes.
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
Long Shadow
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Long Shadow »

Using a magic tattoo in a TW device creation? I couldn't see how that would work.

Though, if you take a look at the original TW devices, some required a specific spell to be cast to empower the device. It would be concievable that a device was tailored to use the activation of a magic tattoo to empower a device. Is this the line of thought you were going along? Take the original lightning rod - it took the casting of Call Lightning to charge... a tattoo man might use the Lightning Bolt tattoo to empower it.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Nope. tattoo magic is incompatible with techno-wizardy.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I would say that if the TW was helped by a Tattoo Master, then they could come up with some funky TW items.. But not if the helper was a T-Man of any sort.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”