Where do you set your campaigns?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Daeglan
Adventurer

Re: Where do you set your campaigns?

Unread post by Daeglan »

ICHIBAN11 wrote:It might be posted already, but where are most of your campaigns set at?

Right now mine is in North America. Mostly in the New Lazlo area, but the guys are heading to Mexico and decided to go the northern route via Wisconsin.

Not good on geography this group. Great on History and other social sciences, but not geography.

Hand them a map and ask them how going north gets you to Mexico.
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

The PC's base out of MercTown but travel all over the place.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

The campaign I'm running off and on right now is set in the middle of the Tolkeen War, 105 PA. The characters are chiefly Vanguard sleeper agents working inside the Tolkeen Defense Force's ranks on behalf of the CS... of course without the knowledge of the CS itself other than a small few Vanguard sympathizers who serve as their contacts/handlers.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Tactical Hazardous Engagement [T.H.E.] is a mobile merc group they have several branches throughout North America. The main one in Kingsdale. They have a small branch in Northern Gun territory.

The game previous to that was ran through phase world.
The game previous to that was a CS game
The game previous to that was in Texas

I guess we got a short attention span compared to some of the guys on here that have campaign's that last for 20 years. oh well, good enough for me!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

My campaign is a tour of the Megaverse.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Mostly they were in North America, but we've had one each in England and Columbia. Last game I GM'ed it was based mostly within Lone Star/Texas
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I started our group in Kingsdale and they've been content to stay in that region for now.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

My most recent RIFTS game is in Russia.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Huh, funny. The group I am in just recently got rifted into Russia. We were fighting some BBA in the remains of what used to be Fort Gordon (located near Augusta, GA, well within the Dinosaur Swamp area) when it opened a rift and it tossed one of the party members through. Another character got tossed through the rift, we kill the BBA finally and my character jumps through the rift to rescue the other two, only to find that it's a one-way rift. The other two members of the group eventually decide to jump through as well, abandoning our mission (which was to blow up the base hospital that some entity turned into it's base) all because someone forgot to detonate the demo-pack that my character made from 24 plasma mini-missiles and 10 plasma grenades. The group consists of myself, a Bearman of the North Headhunter, a human City Rat, a human Rogue Scientist (or Scholar, I can't remember) a human mutant Cyber-Knight, and a Wolfen Cyber-Knight.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
dragonfett
Knight

In the game that I run, I have been keeping the group in the north-east mainly, though.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Zer0 Kay wrote:My campaign is a tour of the Megaverse.

I start them individually and give them reasons to go to the Burbs of Chi-Town and from there it begins. We usually only spend one or two but never (in the past) more than 5 sessions in one location. They've currently been in Center on Phase World for a LONG time. It started as an accidental... and coincidental rushed dimensional teleport just before the Apocolypse demon went BOOM. They appeared in different locations across the city but have since managed to find each other and just before they were going to go back to Earth, Central was invaded by demons and they are currently assisting Thraxus in a ploy to create a bottleneck at a check point to level one while a massive Naruni Equipped army holds the tide back making a false opening to the designated check point.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from Catalonia

Unread post by mobuttu »

NA. Buy now they are at Lone Star, but going to Newtown for the Juicer Uprising.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

dragonfett wrote:Huh, funny. The group I am in just recently got rifted into Russia. We were fighting some BBA in the remains of what used to be Fort Gordon (located near Augusta, GA, well within the Dinosaur Swamp area) when it opened a rift and it tossed one of the party members through. Another character got tossed through the rift, we kill the BBA finally and my character jumps through the rift to rescue the other two, only to find that it's a one-way rift. The other two members of the group eventually decide to jump through as well, abandoning our mission (which was to blow up the base hospital that some entity turned into it's base) all because someone forgot to detonate the demo-pack that my character made from 24 plasma mini-missiles and 10 plasma grenades. The group consists of myself, a Bearman of the North Headhunter, a human City Rat, a human Rogue Scientist (or Scholar, I can't remember) a human mutant Cyber-Knight, and a Wolfen Cyber-Knight.

I grew up down the street from Ft. Gordon off of Tobacco Rd...LOL. My street is Woodlake Dr.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
dragonfett
Knight

Do you still live in the area? I am only here for another month and a half, then it's off to Louisiana!
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

My tabletop Rifts game I run is going through the Tolkeen war right now, although the group is currently in Lazlo trying to track down the Orb of Solomon.

In the online games I play...
    The CS group is in Atlantis at the moment, but based out of Merctown
    Another merc group I'm in is based in Merctown, but currently in Old Bones
    Our NGR group is currently in Russia

I guess we get around quite a bit.
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

dragonfett wrote:Do you still live in the area? I am only here for another month and a half, then it's off to Louisiana!

This is a huge bad case of we have been posting together for way too long to not know that we are within a handful of miles from each other.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
Pike
Wanderer

Unread post by Pike »

I prefer North America, mostly because it has the most source books/background info and as a GM I'm most familiar with the setting. I also like to create my own pocket dimensions to flex my creativity and get a little more control over the group.
Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

My very last campaign was in Old Bones and the one before that was set out of a pre-rifts bunker in west Virginia. I tend to use NA mostly.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Like Shinitenshi it really all depends on my campaign.
I have had groups run around in Europe, Russia, China, Japan, SA, and all over NA.
My next campaign I think will be placed in Australia. (I am going to use a combination of the Dreamscape and the Astral Plane to represent the the Dreamtime.)
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

Most of mine start in southern Wisconsin. Funny that's where me and my group live ;p We are a creative bunch at times.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Ever since watching the Black Lagoon anime, I have wanted to run a game in SE Asia.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

I generally run my games everywhere. By the time your character reachers 8-10 level in my games, you will have visited 90% of the books that palladium creates, even Nightbane and Ninja Turtles. I don't "F" around when it comes to this system. I own every book, except Heroes of the Megaverse and I use every one of them. But... With that being said... The games usually focus around Center in Phaseworld, just because Gateland allows for somewhat infinite possibility. My gaming parties usually go something like this: Wormwood Blood Shaman, Mindwerks Full Conversion Borg, Altess Space Pirate, Glitterboy, Mega Juicer, and a Palladium Dark Priest. That was the last group. However, it's usually pretty diverse. I can't bring myself to limit players to a 1-3 book campaign. Sorry, but just can't do it.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

north America...

but i allow pcs to come from from anywhere...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

Shawn Merrow wrote:Ever since watching the Black Lagoon anime, I have wanted to run a game in SE Asia.

you now th third season came out ya?

kingsdale for me
but I actually did play one based out of Hanoi
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Shawn Merrow

csbioborg wrote:
Shawn Merrow wrote:Ever since watching the Black Lagoon anime, I have wanted to run a game in SE Asia.

Only episodes 1-2 have been released in Japan so far, 3-5 will come out next year. As for the US, Funimation has the license so hopefully they will release quickly after #5 comes out in Japan.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Shawn Merrow wrote:
csbioborg wrote:

Only episodes 1-2 have been released in Japan so far, 3-5 will come out next year. As for the US, Funimation has the license so hopefully they will release quickly after #5 comes out in Japan.

ya I now they are taking their sweet time about it

I've always wanted to base a game in a dimension similar to the DNA Cowboys series have you ever read it?
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Shawn Merrow

csbioborg wrote:
Shawn Merrow wrote:
csbioborg wrote:

ya I now they are taking their sweet time about it

I've always wanted to base a game in a dimension similar to the DNA Cowboys series have you ever read it?

Never heard of a series called "DNA Cowboys" and could find nothing on it.

csbioborg
Champion

its a series of books
it was a trilogy but the author added a last book
I read thelast book years ago and loved it
I just recently read the first 3
http://www.thedonotpress.com/titles/dnacowboys.html

basically the universe or at last this section of it has turned into a void where you can not survve unless you have a generator that gives off a field
most people live in towns wth large generators and never leave
its aout three guys drifitng from town to town
I highly reccomend it and my description does not do the series any justice at all
at the very least read the link
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

Crucible wrote:
dragonfett wrote:Do you still live in the area? I am only here for another month and a half, then it's off to Louisiana!

This is a huge bad case of we have been posting together for way too long to not know that we are within a handful of miles from each other.

Hey more than a few Georgia rifters then - I'm down in Macon. I actually started a campaign there (with the Fort and the Indian Mounds; re Dinosaur Swamp) but it fell apart quickly due to scheduling (as many do).

My online game is set in the ruins of Baton Rouge with the CS Brown Water Base there. The group will be patrolling up and down the Mississippi before its done, and I intend to send them down into the gulf at least once. They'll also be dealing with the Juicer Uprisings, though most don't know it yet. Of course they aren't dealing with Newtown, just the aftermath and lead up of it. I may send them into Minnesota for a mission or two as well, all depending on where we are at when the campaign gets there (and assuming the game lasts that long). I hope it does. Of course the past few months have been dealing with the events of two days so far, so we'll see :)
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
dragonfett
Knight

Yeah, well I am leaving sometime during the second week of December. We're moving to my wife's hometown area in Louisiana.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown

Return to “Rifts®”