Alternate Earth: Humanity Supreme

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Alternate Earth: Humanity Supreme

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

Me and my old group tried something different before the Tolkeen and CS War Series came out. I'll break it down simply (tried to twice and internet disconnected me :( ). Tolkeen and CS begin to battle and a Ley Line Ripple went across the planet. Without going into stats and stuff lets just say All humans (and Ogres) were Empowered/gifted with powers.

Hundreds to Thousands of MDC,PPE/ISP boost, Slow Flight, All physical stats Mega Boosted, Regeneration, Other Good stuff with No Known Weakness.

--My group and I, debated more than played and the Big question:--

How would this really effect the world??

~We agreed that it moved us up the food chain
~ Alot of Superpowers Would feel threaten by the new Uber Humans
~Outside forces would want to contain these Uber Beings
~Humanity would try to reclaim the Planet

What do you think???

Post Away and Have fun!!

P.S. Uber Power Goes to the Moon but disappears well before Mars.
gaby
Knight

Re: Alternate Earth: Humanity Supreme

Unread post by gaby »

It,s like turing all humans on the planet into Sea Titans?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Wanna see the look on Splyncryth's face when the slaves suddenly realize that those MDC shackles suddenly don't seem so...restraining...anymore.
Probably wouldn't affect those already in metapower-draining bonds, but given the ratio of non-metahumans enslaved to metahumans in bonds....
Gonna get ugly real fast....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Charnage wrote:Well, the NGR would have a field day in their war. Merlin and New Camelot, would have some interesting takes. The Federation of Magic would go power mad and physically take the fight to Chi-town. Psyscape would get really interesting. The russian cyborgs would feel really left out. Chinese peoples might be able to overthrow the Yama Kings, the Aussies would crack a beer and kill aligators with their laser eyes. The true atlanteens would feel like pipsqueeks, and Mutants in Orbit would start punching through there space stations. As interesting as such a change to the world as that would be. I have a feeling, that unless Humanity can learn to control the baser intincts. If we become moral people over selfish, the strongest survive people we are today, and in the Rifts setting, the world will simply go through another Catalclysm.

Like the Krel Night of Madness? :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

gaby wrote:It,s like turing all humans on the planet into Sea Titans?

More like a world of Supermen and Supergirls ...Note this is a comparsion not a conversion :D

P.S. Ogres were gifted but at about half power.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Taalismn and Charnage, both of your thoughts are very true. This is one reason Me and my old group debated this more then played...Because with a world filled with Uber Humans (by the way, Cyborgs/Juicers regeneration allowed them to become "human" once again and We ruled MDC humans recieved about half benefits/ MDC ogres about +25% of gifts) the world would be turned upside down. We couldn't decide what would happen first.

We never got into the investigation but some outside force could be doing this just to spread chaos. What better way then gift ever human/ogre with Uber Powers then sit back and Watch the Earth get ripped apart :twisted:

We did decide that Splyncryth's would create an elite Human/ogre Enforcer team (but create and train...a.k.a. brainwash offworld before coming here).

Keep the thoughts coming....
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

It sorta depends, most world powers are still relant on tech, which would see lesser returns to much of this. It would surely see huge spring in expantion, now that mundane townsfolk need less and less support to fend for themselves. North America would remain largely in deadlock for a while (the CS is fighting opponents who are largely human to start with), but it would help negate some of the shortcomings the CS has when dealing with supernatural powers. It would also allow them to make gains against racial entities like the bugs in the north and monsters along supply lines. At the same time, this would all be pending as to how the nation reacts to these powers and their relation to magic in the first place. Hype could help cover it up a bit (putting a Psionic spin to it to minimize damage, along with 'revealing plans' about how they've been adding chems to the water to enhance people). So that's largely gray as to the turn out.

Russia would likewise have mixed results, they're half cyborgs to start with their militarization, and may see less net result from such a change. Likely the warlords would just use it as a new weapon, perhaps field more flesh and blood soldiers who can now be drafted or hired to fight. Villages would see a huge gain in fending off the wilderness threats.

Germany would see the most out of it. Already unified, and at war with naturally superior opponents, they can now fight their opponents on their terms as well as Germany's terms, in addition to the aforementioned townsfolk not needing as much help / support.

Splynn would likely see a nasty revolt in their market soon after this change is realized by the human population there, but it's not like it would be the first time they've enslaved a race of otherwise enhanced peoples, they'd implement new safety precautions soon. It depends how organized / prepared humans are for this change, and how much damage they manage to deal to the cities there.

All of this however hinges on "how much is the gain", are they 30 MDC? Or do they now do normal punches of 1D6 x 10?
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Cinos wrote:It sorta depends, most world powers are still relant on tech, which would see lesser returns to much of this. It would surely see huge spring in expantion, now that mundane townsfolk need less and less support to fend for themselves. North America would remain largely in deadlock for a while (the CS is fighting opponents who are largely human to start with), but it would help negate some of the shortcomings the CS has when dealing with supernatural powers. It would also allow them to make gains against racial entities like the bugs in the north and monsters along supply lines. At the same time, this would all be pending as to how the nation reacts to these powers and their relation to magic in the first place. Hype could help cover it up a bit (putting a Psionic spin to it to minimize damage, along with 'revealing plans' about how they've been adding chems to the water to enhance people). So that's largely gray as to the turn out.

Russia would likewise have mixed results, they're half cyborgs to start with their militarization, and may see less net result from such a change. Likely the warlords would just use it as a new weapon, perhaps field more flesh and blood soldiers who can now be drafted or hired to fight. Villages would see a huge gain in fending off the wilderness threats.

Germany would see the most out of it. Already unified, and at war with naturally superior opponents, they can now fight their opponents on their terms as well as Germany's terms, in addition to the aforementioned townsfolk not needing as much help / support.

Splynn would likely see a nasty revolt in their market soon after this change is realized by the human population there, but it's not like it would be the first time they've enslaved a race of otherwise enhanced peoples, they'd implement new safety precautions soon. It depends how organized / prepared humans are for this change, and how much damage they manage to deal to the cities there.

All of this however hinges on "how much is the gain", are they 30 MDC? Or do they now do normal punches of 1D6 x 10?

Well for the CS my group went with the spin: "The Earth itself has gifted Us with the Power to retake the Planet in the Name of Humanity. No longer must we fear the creatures of the Rifts for this is the Dawn of Humanity. We will push these parasites off Our Planet or grind them into the ground but we will March across the world in the Name of the Planet Earth and for Our children along with all future generations of humans. We are the Guardians of this planet and Earth has given us the power to be victorious over any threat...Long Live the Earth, Long live Humanity, and Long Live the Coalition.""

I'll post stats next....need dinner first :)
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

SDC Human Stats {SDC ogre 75%/MDC Human 50%/and MDC ogre 25%...about}

(HP+SDC)x8+(120)= MDC
Regenerates 4d8 per minute Yes, reg limbs and organs
No longer needs air, food nor water....4 hours of rest every ten days is all thats needed
Spd +80
PS (Mega) +40...Add PS bonus to MD punch and carry x600 Ib / lift x1000 Ib
PE +20
PP +10
Univeral Saves +8
Flight (ME)x4 mph
Supreme Vision and Senses: at least double and Night vision 400 feet/ 80% see the invisible, ect...

--------------------------------------------------
Base Human: 10 all stats 11hp 14 sdc

Would become:

(hp 31[new PE]+ 14)x8= 360+ 120= MDC 480
Spd 90 PS (Mega) 50 PE 30 PP 20
FLight 40 mph
with all the other powers listed above, too.

Keep the posts coming...

--------------------------------------------------
Edit (Soldier for comparsion)--1st level Human Soldier: Physical 15, Spd 20 (skills) and all other 10
Average: hp 15+1d6= 18 SDC (1d4x10): 25+ 18(training/skills)=43

MDC (38[new PE]+ 43)x8= XX+ 120= 768
Max MDC would be 2500
Spd 100 PS(Mega) 55 PE 35 PP 25
FLight 40 mph
plus all other powers

------------------------------------------------

Brainwashed Minion of Spulgorth:
Altered Human: New Enforcers
Hp 21+1d6=24 SDC 100
Ps(norm) 40 spd 44 Pe 21 pp 21 PB 26 (likes them pretty)
Most stats 8-10 (brainwashed)

MDC (44+100)x8= XX +120= 1272
PS (mega) 80 Spd 124 PE 41 PP 31 PB 26
Flight 32 to 40 mph
Along with all other powers... :twisted:
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I see the CS doing that spin.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Charnage wrote:Another thought. What happens when the humans of Rifts Earth meet and fall in love with a human from a different dimension? The Sea Titans can mate and always produce a new Sea Titan. Does this happen as well?

What about the places on Rifts Earth that straddle two dimensions at once. The Yucantan Pennisula, and Psyscape come to mind first, fadetowns are another. Do those people just not get effected?

Another question. What happens to all the humans that have been turned into vampires? Would they be changed back? Would the Vamp Intelligence suddenly find itself without enough followers to keep a foothold in our dimension?

What about Psy-Stalkers, they are mutated humans, but still human? Do mutant animals count? They have to be a mix between human and animal dna, what about them? Instant change back to normal animals?

I don't really like the CS thinking it is great and wonderous that they are all supermen now. Think about it, how do you control a population that doesn't need you for safekeeping anymore.

Nevermind the evil that would happen if the Mad Doctor at Lonestar or Emperor Prosek himself was superman. Talk about bad combo's.

I just don't think a energy wave to change all the humans to supernatural would be very good in an of itself. Now, if you want to have some super duper Thoth reversal type spell, that for a limited time changes all supernatural beings to sdc, and all sdc into MDC beings, now..that would be an adventure!

Humanity would be able to alter the face of the Earth quickly if they had enough warning. Send in MD nukes and missiles into every Supernatural stronghold. Bam, the ley lines surge again, but this time humanity can deal with the 2nd Cataclysm.

The Powers are lost after leaving the Earth (Actually, the Magnetic field of this planet Earth). Any Human from alternate universes would be empowered. MDC humans (Sea Titans, Amazons, ect) would be empowered but at a lesser degree. Psi-Stalkers become major mega beings and their sensing power increased. Mutant animals not affected but the Alien (human Psi ) Lone Star created would get benefits.

But you could have the energy ripple do anything you wanted....
taalismn
Priest

Astral Pantheon wrote:But you could have the energy ripple do anything you wanted....

Oh.....that's just asking for it...Like the guy who asked the godlike being to 'Make me a milkshake'.
(POOF)
"Okay, you're a milkshake'.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Humanity reclaims earth. The End. With those kinds of stats, our tech and the fact we're everywhere, the NGR and CS and Russian federation sweep across North America and Eurasia crushing all in their path. Meanwhile human slaves in Atlantis rise up en masse, causing Splyncryth to cut his losses and run before his personal eye-scrubbing attendants beat him to death with his own tenticals. Phenoix Empire winds up much the same way.

Now, the REAL question is this

Would this make Vampires, who are enhanced humans though supernatural bonds, even MORE uber? Would the increase to baseline humans transfer into Uberline Vampires? Would it be retroactive? or merely newly converted?

Because if Vampires get a preportional power boost, and when you consider that cannonly the vampire kingdoms are strong enough militarily to give even Splyncryth-lead invasion a pause as it stands, then the likely result would be Humanity vs. Vampires
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

wait, the vampires are supposed to be scaring splynncryth? i call BS. if ol' splynny isn't attacking, it's because there's no money in it. sure, there's vampires... but they're pestering that annoying neighbour that he doesn't like anyways, and there's no way they're getting into his backyard en masse without him noticing and reducing their fleet to a wreck on the bottom of the ocean.

he has like multiple billions of kydians alone, and i'm sure he can find enough lumber on the multiple planets that he owns to issue each and every one of them as many stakes as they would like to have. and the demonic allies? well, they're not likely to stay loyal to the vampires once they realise what's coming. the only question is whether they run before the massive army shows up on the doorstep, or stick around so they can sell maps to the hidden vampire lairs to the invaders.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Shark_Force wrote:wait, the vampires are supposed to be scaring splynncryth? i call BS. if ol' splynny isn't attacking, it's because there's no money in it. sure, there's vampires... but they're pestering that annoying neighbour that he doesn't like anyways, and there's no way they're getting into his backyard en masse without him noticing and reducing their fleet to a wreck on the bottom of the ocean.

he has like multiple billions of kydians alone, and i'm sure he can find enough lumber on the multiple planets that he owns to issue each and every one of them as many stakes as they would like to have. and the demonic allies? well, they're not likely to stay loyal to the vampires once they realise what's coming. the only question is whether they run before the massive army shows up on the doorstep, or stick around so they can sell maps to the hidden vampire lairs to the invaders.

I didn't say he scared them. It only said that if splyncyth decidced to take over the world, the only place that wouldn't fall immediately was the vampire kingdoms. It made it clear they're still doomed, but more a matter of dying in weeks or maybe months rather than instantly.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Rifts®”