Necromancers using Xiticix Limbs

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

FuduVudu
D-Bee

Necromancers using Xiticix Limbs

Unread post by FuduVudu »

I am running a Xiticix Campaign and was wondering if the Limbs off a Xiticix would be considered Supernatural Limbs like Dragons Claws or Non Supernatural MDC Creature like the Peryton?
boxee
Hero

Re: Necromancers using Xiticix Limbs

Unread post by boxee »

FuduVudu wrote:I am running a Xiticix Campaign and was wondering if the Limbs off a Xiticix would be considered Supernatural Limbs like Dragons Claws or Non Supernatural MDC Creature like the Peryton?

I am not totally sure one way or the other buddy. I would think non-supernatural mdc creatures.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Agree
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Non-supernatural.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
FuduVudu
D-Bee

Thanks for the response. The main reason I was confused is because of the supernatural PS update they got in Xiticix Invasion. I just found it strange they would be on the same level as a dragon hatchling.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

FuduVudu wrote:Thanks for the response. The main reason I was confused is because of the supernatural PS update they got in Xiticix Invasion. I just found it strange they would be on the same level as a dragon hatchling.

Yea I think they need to stop giving supernatural strength out to up the power of creatures. Just give augmented and give it a higher rating to make it more powerful. To be honest they should just have strength as a stat and not try to divide it into, what are we up to three categories.
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Hmmmmmmm....I seem to remember somewhere the Xiticix being listed as supernatural for some other reason. Maybe just the Queens? I'm not sure, checking my book now...
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Dr Megaverse wrote:Hmmmmmmm....I seem to remember somewhere the Xiticix being listed as supernatural for some other reason. Maybe just the Queens? I'm not sure, checking my book now...
The 'regular' Xiticx are non-supernatural.

The Xiticix Queen is an undefined 'sub-species' of creature that has no True Supernatural characteristics to her nature per the canon description of her.....BUT.....can somehow transform biomass into PPE-rich Sludge through unknown means.

A Necromancer should "only" get whatever strength is afforded to a non-Supernatural creature from attaching the limbs.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
FuduVudu
D-Bee

Well I have read most of the book Xiticix invasion, and the Xiticix are just weird. They are not magical but they can pull make PPE Sludge and make various semi magical guns and MDC Weapons. So I am just going to go with something in between the two choices since the Xiticix are so alien. Thanks for your help people.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

FuduVudu wrote:Well I have read most of the book Xiticix invasion, and the Xiticix are just weird. They are not magical but they can pull make PPE Sludge and make various semi magical guns and MDC Weapons. So I am just going to go with something in between the two choices since the Xiticix are so alien. Thanks for your help people.

yeah, the inherent ability to create TW weapons by the queen leads me to think that the queen at least should probably count as supernatural. not sure about anything else though...
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Isn't there a tribe of Psi-Stalkers who are led by Necromancers in Xiticix Invation? I don't remember the page number.
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
FuduVudu
D-Bee

Hystrix wrote:Isn't there a tribe of Psi-Stalkers who are led by Necromancers in Xiticix Invation? I don't remember the page number.
Yeah they are on page 105 thats the main reason I am asking this question since they dont really say what kind of powers they will get from the Xiticix limbs, or if they can use their spell knowledge to eat the xiticixs brains to find out about the moss that they eat.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

FuduVudu wrote:
Hystrix wrote:Isn't there a tribe of Psi-Stalkers who are led by Necromancers in Xiticix Invation? I don't remember the page number.
Yeah they are on page 105 thats the main reason I am asking this question since they dont really say what kind of powers they will get from the Xiticix limbs, or if they can use their spell knowledge to eat the xiticixs brains to find out about the moss that they eat.

Woah! I don't know about all that. At least with the brain thing. I think they could use Xiticix limbs like anything else. Personally, I think if the Xiticix has supernatual strength (and I think they do), it should work just the same as everything else. I mean Rules as Written, right?
FuduVudu
D-Bee

Hystrix wrote:
FuduVudu wrote:

Woah! I don't know about all that. At least with the brain thing. I think they could use Xiticix limbs like anything else. Personally, I think if the Xiticix has supernatual strength (and I think they do), it should work just the same as everything else. I mean Rules as Written, right?

Well with the spell consume power and knowledge I would assume that all you would need to do is eat the eyes and brain of a Xiticix and since these guys in this tribe are the best at going into active hives they could just use the knowledge from the eyes and brains of the xiticix and bam find the moss.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

FuduVudu wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
FuduVudu wrote:

Well with the spell consume power and knowledge I would assume that all you would need to do is eat the eyes and brain of a Xiticix and since these guys in this tribe are the best at going into active hives they could just use the knowledge from the eyes and brains of the xiticix and bam find the moss.

Ok.

I'm not sure what that would do. Moss is found all over the hives. What else is it supposed to reveal?
FuduVudu
D-Bee

Hystrix wrote:
Ok.

I'm not sure what that would do. Moss is found all over the hives. What else is it supposed to reveal?

Well the fungus that grows there is their food source that supposedly no one knows about. Getting that information in the right hands could lead to a way to kill it thus starving the xiticix.
FuduVudu
D-Bee

opps double post sorry
Last edited by FuduVudu on Fri May 20, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

If psychics can't understand their thoughts and brain patterns, why would a necromancer? I say no, you wouldn't learn anything from eating their brains, but you would get a headache.

"The Devil's among us!
FuduVudu
D-Bee

Jorel wrote:If psychics can't understand their thoughts and brain patterns, why would a necromancer? I say no, you wouldn't learn anything from eating their brains, but you would get a headache.

Good point.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

FuduVudu wrote:
Jorel wrote:If psychics can't understand their thoughts and brain patterns, why would a necromancer? I say no, you wouldn't learn anything from eating their brains, but you would get a headache.

Good point.

If they weren't already pretty insane I'd imagine the necromancer would be looking at some serious insanity trying to assimilate the memories from a creature with such an alien outlook on existence relative to humans and most humanoid creatures.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Nightmask wrote:
FuduVudu wrote:

Good point.

If they weren't already pretty insane I'd imagine the necromancer would be looking at some serious insanity trying to assimilate the memories from a creature with such an alien outlook on existence relative to humans and most humanoid creatures.

Even better.

"The Devil's among us!

Return to “Rifts®”