Vampire Kingdoms, Expanded and Updated Ships June 17

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DBX
Hero

Vampire Kingdoms, Expanded and Updated Ships June 17

Unread post by DBX »

copy/paste from latest weekly update

NEW! Rifts® World Book One:
Vampire Kingdoms™, Expanded & Updated – ships June 17
Kevin Siembieda is rewriting, reorganizing, updating and expanding one of the most popular Rifts® World Books ever published: Vampire Kingdoms™. It will include rewrites throughout, much new material, some new artwork, and an expanded page count. The book will be updated and expanded in a more dramatic fashion that what Kevin did with Rifts® Sourcebook One a few years ago. Best of all, it will be quickly followed by the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™.

The Vampire Hunter O.C.C.
Techno-Wizard vampire slaying weapons and devices (new and old).
Vampires: Their strengths, weaknesses and powers.
The Vampire Kingdoms expanded.
Travel through the Vampire Kingdoms and surrounding areas.
Desert survival rules and guidelines.
Vampire strategies and plans for conquest.
The observations of Doc Reid.
Key locations including Juarez and El Paso.
The mystery of the Yucatan Peninsula, and adventure ideas galore.
Updated and revised to 110 P.A.
Cover by E.M. Gist.
New artwork by Mike Wilson, Kent Burles, Mike Mumah and Nick Bradshaw. Plus the best of the art from the original printing.
Written by Kevin Siembieda.
192 to 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 802-E. Ships June 17.
Giant2005
Knight

Re: Vampire Kingdoms, Expanded and Updated Ships June 17

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Nice.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from Catalonia

Unread post by mobuttu »

Looking forward for it!!! :D
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

Yay, Buffy will save mexico and the world of Rifts!
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

This all looks pretty cool. Though, I liked the old cover by Kevin Long...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
cl7277
Wanderer

Unread post by cl7277 »

New cover, new info, I hope it's as good as the last two to three books have been. Looking forward to it.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

This is a must have.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

I just have one question about the book...Will vampires still be able to be killed by squirt guns? I've never really liked this part of Rifts vampires. I'm fine with the not crossing running water thing, and squirt guns filled with holy water I'm also fine with. But the idea that a vampire can be killed by a dozen or so $0.89 water balloons or a super soaker never sat well with me. I have my fingers crossed that Palladium will change this rule, but does anyone know if that's the plan or not?

P.S.: I realize if I don't like that rule I can omit it from my game, but everyone I've ever talked to has agreed with me on this point. If enough fans don't like something, I would think Palladium would consider changing it in a revised edition of a book.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Kevin Siembieda is rewriting, reorganizing, updating and expanding one of the most popular Rifts® World Books ever published: Vampire Kingdoms™. It will include rewrites throughout, much new material, some new artwork, and an expanded page count. The book will be updated and expanded in a more dramatic fashion that what Kevin did with Rifts® Sourcebook One a few years ago. Best of all, it will be quickly followed by the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™.

Desert survival rules LAME
Reprinted material- LAME
Yucatan LAME
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

boxee wrote:NEW! Rifts® World Book One:

Reprinted material- LAME
Yucatan LAME

Why is that lame? I'm just curious.

Desert survival rules is somthing that is missing from Rifts, and Post Apocalyptic Mexico is a big...well... desert.

Reprinted matierial is somewhat nessisary, as the cannot through everything out that was old.

And the Yucatan Rocks! ... not really, but if they add to what the old book had it may be very interesting...
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Hystrix wrote:

Reprinted material- LAME
Yucatan LAME

Desert survival rules is somthing that is missing from Rifts, and Post Apocalyptic Mexico is a big...well... desert.

Reprinted matierial is somewhat nessisary, as the cannot through everything out that was old.

And the Yucatan Rocks! ... not really, but if they add to what the old book had it may be very interesting...

I dislike buying books that reprint material. There is a dofference between updating and reprinting, updating I love reprinting I hate.
I do not see survival rules as a big thing, if you have a wilderness scout type of character there should be no worries, on the other hand if the group is all city rats I can see survival rolls. I as a player often see this as something that should be kept in the backdrop.
Yucatan dimension should have it own book, not the same book as vampire kingdoms.
I have been thinking about the Yucatan and to me it would work very well as a dimensional tear into the nightbane setting. Or a tear in dimensions that lead to hades or something of a nightmare dimension, or random hell.
I tend to get cranky, I apologize if I offended anyone.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I just hope everyone remembers when they are talking about VKe/VKr that they say VKe/VKr, not just VK. Which is hyper annoying when one just has VK and trying to cross check things.

Sort of like the annoying when they are quoting from RCB1r and them just saying it was from RCB1. Pulling out the incorrect book to counter check the quote is a annoying hassle.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

@ Rogue_Scientist
With Artwork by Kent Burles, and Nick Bradshaw ... yeah I'll pass.
I have oVK (Original Vampire Kingdoms), I dont need a reprint.
Updated to 110 PA can be handled in the Sourcebook. VK itself does not need updating. Just release the darn VK-Sourcebook to update some material.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I do believe I will be getting this book! Palladium vamps rock.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

boxee wrote:
Hystrix wrote:

Reprinted material- LAME
Yucatan LAME

I dislike buying books that reprint material. There is a dofference between updating and reprinting, updating I love reprinting I hate.
I do not see survival rules as a big thing, if you have a wilderness scout type of character there should be no worries, on the other hand if the group is all city rats I can see survival rolls. I as a player often see this as something that should be kept in the backdrop.
Yucatan dimension should have it own book, not the same book as vampire kingdoms.
I have been thinking about the Yucatan and to me it would work very well as a dimensional tear into the nightbane setting. Or a tear in dimensions that lead to hades or something of a nightmare dimension, or random hell.

I don't think you offended anyone (at lerast not me) I was just curious. To each his own.

I'm prolly gonna buy it anyway...
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Hystrix wrote:
boxee wrote:
Hystrix wrote:

Reprinted material- LAME
Yucatan LAME

I don't think you offended anyone (at lerast not me) I was just curious. To each his own.

I'm prolly gonna buy it anyway...

I have alot of other books on my list to buy before I get this. I need the south america stuff, the germany stuff, phaseworld stuff, russia stuff, spirit west, new west, the list goes on and on.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

boxee wrote:I have alot of other books on my list to buy before I get this. I need the south america stuff, the germany stuff, phaseworld stuff, russia stuff, spirit west, new west, the list goes on and on.

Hmm... South America <shudder> good luck with that. So you just started you collection, eh? I take it you must already have the original Vampire Kingdoms...
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

boxee wrote:
I have alot of other books on my list to buy before I get this. I need the south america stuff, the germany stuff, phaseworld stuff, russia stuff, spirit west, new west, the list goes on and on.

Ohh South America One is goooood. You will love the Anti-Monster TW Borg OCC. ;)
South America Two is another goood one. You will love the TW-Nazca PA. Awesome PA.

Triax & NGR. The Cyborgs and Jager PA were the best aspect of the book. worth it.
Warlords of Russia. Ahhh My Favorite WB. borgs, Borgs, BORGS !! Hero-Knights, War-Knights, Wingriders. Plus we have True Hero NPCs given to counter the Villanous npcs. Excellent book.
Mystic Russia. The Mystic-Smith is great. Really was needed.
New West and Spirit West. Good books. Get both at the same time though.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Hystrix wrote:
boxee wrote:I have alot of other books on my list to buy before I get this. I need the south america stuff, the germany stuff, phaseworld stuff, russia stuff, spirit west, new west, the list goes on and on.

Hmm... South America <shudder> good luck with that. So you just started you collection, eh? I take it you must already have the original Vampire Kingdoms...

No, I have been playing for years, just am not wealthy.
I have 37 palladium book, I have been getting interested in them again. It seems I have a fair collection for a game I do not get to play anymore. I also have 12 books as PDF from drive through RPG. I have alot of interest in the game, just not alot of contact with local players.
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

DBX wrote:copy/paste from latest weekly update

Oh HELL yea!

The thing is, I can't remember if I preordered this one already or not. I preordered a whole mess of books about 18 months back, but neglected to write the details down. Guess if I don't see it in the mail by mid July, I'll have to order one.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Dead Boy wrote:
DBX wrote:copy/paste from latest weekly update

Oh HELL yea!

The thing is, I can't remember if I preordered this one already or not. I preordered a whole mess of books about 18 months back, but neglected to write the details down. Guess if I don't see it in the mail by mid July, I'll have to order one.

And if you have ordered it you could give it to an online friend, right buddy?
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

boxee wrote:I have alot of interest in the game, just not alot of contact with local players.

If you want, check out Explorers Unlimited. It's a play by post site, so no scheduling conflicts with local groups, or like my case, and sounds like yours as well, a general lack of local groups to game with.

Return to “Rifts®”