NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Specter
Adventurer

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Specter »

Flashstep (major)

"Now you see me... now you get kicked in the face"

Blurring the lines between superspeed and teleportation. A hero with flash step from standing flatfooted can move in a burst of speed so fast that they cannot be seen by the naked eye or even high speed video recorders. The travel time is the next thing to instantaneous but the hero physically moves between the two spots and can interact with things along the way.

1) Faster than the blink of an eye the character can move 30 feet+ 5 ft per level. This can be used as a dodge or as an auto-dodge.

2) Up Here: the speed burst is not limited to the ground. The hero can dash along walls, to the top of flag poles or just straigt up in the air. 30 feet + 5 ft per level.

**Edit** Flashstep is not meant for longterm travel, it's a burst of speed thats faster than lightning. After each step the hero comes to a stop if only for a fraction of a second. Flash step can't be used while in the air unless the hero has something to kick off of. While stepping the hero can run on water but once they come to a stop they will sink. The tremendous speed does not effect damage.

Two additional attack per melee
Opponents are -6 to parrying or dodging a physical attack by the hero. This does not work with projectiles.
+3 autododge +1 at levels 3,6,9,12 and 15
+6 dodge +1 at levels 2,4,6,8,10,12 and 14
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Nice with the chainsaw hands. I was about to do chainsaw claws lol.

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Overhaul (minor)

"That piece of junk?"
"Give me a minute."

The hero can get into any vehicle and within a few minutes have it purring like a race car. The engine is maxed out to 150% ability, damage is pounded out, holes in tires sealed, and there is even a shiny new paint job.

Any vehicle is repaired at 5 cubic feet per melee round. This can even be done on the fly.

Vehicles don't break down from mechanical failure while this hero is driving.

+10% to any pilot skills the hero has.

AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Specter wrote:Overhaul (minor)

"That piece of junk?"
"Give me a minute."

The hero can get into any vehicle and within a few minutes have it purring like a race car. The engine is maxed out to 150% ability, damage is pounded out, holes in tires sealed, and there is even a shiny new paint job.

Any vehicle is repaired at 5 cubic feet per melee round. This can even be done on the fly.

Possibly vehicles even regenerate or gain temporary SDC while the character is driving them, allowing them to keep driving after they would otherwise be destroyed.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

AlanGunhouse wrote:

"That piece of junk?"
"Give me a minute."

Possibly vehicles even regenerate or gain temporary SDC while the character is driving them, allowing them to keep driving after they would otherwise be destroyed.

Sounds a bit like that power of Reconstruction that a girl in the PS238 comic had. She could repair anything by touch as she somehow had the ability to 'read' what it's like-new condition was and from that template reassemble it along those lines either by realigning its own atoms or drawing in loose atoms from the surroundings. Even demonstrated the ability to repair a damaged sentient robot during a 'War of the Worlds' type situation when it was close to shutting down. The Men-rall from the SA:2 book I believe it is featuring the Megaversal Legion are also capable of repairing objects to like new as well as destroy them (but takes too long to be of use in battle).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

I think there is a Reconstruction power in PU3, this would be a limited version of it only dealing with vehicles.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

AlanGunhouse wrote:

"That piece of junk?"
"Give me a minute."

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said that it can be done on the fly... as in the hero can repair damage even while driving. Reinflate wheels, seal over bullet holes, ect. at 5 cubic feet per melee round. So he wouldn't likely be able to repair an airliner before it hit the ground but could keep a muscle car going even as it's being shot up.

Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Melee (major)

"I will defeat your southern preying mantis with my shaolin flaming tiger!"

The hero instinctively knows martial arts... every martial art.

1) Identify style: 80%+3% the hero can identify a karate form within a few seconds, knows it's origins, and it's weaknesses. +2 to strike, parry, and dodge if the character spends a full minute studying someone in combat.

2) Change forms: the hero does not pick a hand to hand style at character creation. Instead they can pick any one from Ninjas and Superspies, Mystic China...ect. at the beginning of a melee round the hero can change his martial art form. This takes away all bonuses from the previous form.

3) The hero has this Hand to hand style at 5 levels over his own level.

At 5th level the hero may select two martial arts one 5 levels over his own level at the second at his own level. At level 10 the hero may select a third martial art also at his own level.

Additional Bonuses
+2 PP and PS
+2D4x10 sdc

AlanGunhouse
Champion

On Turbo Boost: either include the flight power and make it a major, or cut it back to minutes at a time instead of an hour and perhaps simply double existing flight speed.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Razor Burn (minor)

"And you thought that paper cut stung"

The hero can fire razor sharp blades from his body. After impact the blades burst into flame causing additional damage.

Range: 200 ft

Damage: 1d4 per blade (flames 1d6 + 1d6 at levels 2,4,6,8,10,12,14) Hero can throw an additional blade at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.

+2 to strike
Last edited by Specter on Mon May 23, 2011 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Overhaul (major)

"I have two speeds, crazy fast and grandma's seeing ghosts again fast.

The hero can get into any vehicle and within a few minutes have it purring like a space rocket. Damage is removed and the vehicle is transformed into something better. It shifts and changes becoming a space age version of its self.

Any vehicle is repaired and transformed at 5 cubic feet per melee round. This is happens automatically when the character is behind the steering wheel/control console. And repairs will continue if the vehicle is damaged while the hero is piloting it.

The engine is maxed out and modified with state of the art gear, bringing it to 250% capacity.

The vehicle develops an AR of 15 or gains +5 to the vehicle's AR if there is already one. (bullet proof windows, reinforced plating.)
+250 SDC

The vehicle develops a weapon system even if it wasn't military before.

1) Artillery: The vehicle grows a gun of some kind, machine gun, missle launcher, flame thrower, laser cannon, ect. Chosen as the hero gets into the vehicle.
Range:300 ft + 10 ft per level
Damage: 1D6 + 1D6 per level

2) Electrified Plating: If someone lands on the vehicle they can be fried.
Damage: 4D6

3) Adaptive Gimmick: The hero can have the car develop a specialized gimmick chosen when they first get in the car. A grappling hook, ejector seats, smoke screen, caltrops launcher, jump plates, parachute... ect.

+15% to any pilot skills the hero has.

Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Bug Bomb (minor)

"Looks like you have a little infestation problem"

The hero can charge insects so that they explode. This doesn't give the hero any kind of control over the insects.

Range: Touch or at 3 feet + 1 foot per level.

Damage: 1d4 +1d4 per level

The hero can set the bug to explode anytime within 3 minutes + 1 minute per level. The hero can charge an additional bug in an action at levels 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

OmegaKnight Dog; Nimmy specifically said we were not to post any more powers based on chainsaws after you revealed that your request was based on a conversion.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:I told him I was sorry I though he meant you could not do it...

No, I am pretty sure it covered anyone trying to do powers based on what you had requested. I believe I told you when Pming you with them that we could not post anything to the boards or to the Black Vault wiki based on chainsaws. That said, I have no problem if you want to post anything else here or in the Black Vault that is not based on a conversion idea.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:
AlanGunhouse wrote:On Turbo Boost: either include the flight power and make it a major, or cut it back to minutes at a time instead of an hour and perhaps simply double existing flight speed.

Will that edit do and can someone please send me a Black Vault invite so i can have an account please...

Anyone wishing to join should pm me with their email address. I can create an account for you, but you will have to be sent an email confirmation.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

I was just thinking of a couple of new "Redneck" Super powers.

Super Burping (Minor)
This power would have 2 different effects, first would be a super loud burp that would deafen and possibly injure anyone close by, the second function would be like the super breath function of the Super Wind Gust.

Getting your drunk on (Major)
You have a super power that runs on alcohol, though the effects vary depending on what kind of drunk you are on the given night. No matter what kind of drunk you are, all detrimental effects of Alcohol on you are halved (including the intensity of the hangover after). The powers remain in effect for 10 minutes per ounce of alcohol in your system.
1) Mean Drunk: Your height increases by at least 4' and your mass doubles, you gain superhuman strength, an AR of 14, and are immune to damage from people with normal strength, and you have 1d4*100+200 extra SDC.
2) Amorous Drunk: Your PB and MA each increase by 50% and you gain a +30% in your seduction skill (or a base skill of 30% if you lack the skill).
3) Happy Drunk: Everyone Likes you and finds you funny, you gain an Awe factor of 14+1/3 levels, which people must overcome before they can do anything but join you in merriment.

Anyway, that was just my thoughts.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

Sorry if this one already exists somewhere. I was reading through the books again, and came out with this idea.

Singular Focus (Minor)
I am not easily distracted, you see. My mind is an iron cage, trapping thoughts until I'm done with them...

Although not quite the exact opposite of Multi-Tasking, characters with this power find it much easier to focus on a single task instead of being divided among multiple tasks. In fact, characters with this power are almost wholly unable to focus on multiple things/projects at one time, needing to finish one thing before starting with another.

While Multi-Tasking allows a character to engage in several distinct ideas/projects/activities at one time, Singular Focus allows the character to channel all of his/her energy into one task, without distraction, to cut down on the amount of time it takes to perform the task. The amount of time a task is reduced by is 1d4 minutes + 30 seconds per level, to a maximum of reducing a task down to 1 minute to complete. That is, if a task takes 10 minutes or 4 days, the quickest it can be performed is in 1 minute. This can seriously speed up research, investigation, building things, hacking computers, etc.

Another benefit to having this power is that the character is not easily distracted or swayed from his original line of thought. Characters with this power get a bonus of +3 to saving throws vs. Mind Control and Possession. This bonus is applicable to resists any psionics, magic, super powers, or innate abilities that attempt to control the mind or will of the character.

The major downside to having this power is that the character is unable to focus on more than 1 thing at a time. If the character gets an idea in his/her head, it is nearly impossible to get the character to focus on anything other than that idea until that idea has run its natural course. Characters with this power cannot attempt to multi-task even in the simplest of terms, and must finish the task in front of them before moving on. One exception: When the character's life is in danger (such as when combat arises), the character is able to drop their original line of thought and begin focusing on saving their own lives.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Severus Snape wrote:Sorry if this one already exists somewhere. I was reading through the books again, and came out with this idea.

Singular Focus (Minor)
I am not easily distracted, you see. My mind is an iron cage, trapping thoughts until I'm done with them...

Although not quite the exact opposite of Multi-Tasking, characters with this power find it much easier to focus on a single task instead of being divided among multiple tasks. In fact, characters with this power are almost wholly unable to focus on multiple things/projects at one time, needing to finish one thing before starting with another.

While Multi-Tasking allows a character to engage in several distinct ideas/projects/activities at one time, Singular Focus allows the character to channel all of his/her energy into one task, without distraction, to cut down on the amount of time it takes to perform the task. The amount of time a task is reduced by is 1d4 minutes + 30 seconds per level, to a maximum of reducing a task down to 1 minute to complete. That is, if a task takes 10 minutes or 4 days, the quickest it can be performed is in 1 minute. This can seriously speed up research, investigation, building things, hacking computers, etc.

Another benefit to having this power is that the character is not easily distracted or swayed from his original line of thought. Characters with this power get a bonus of +3 to saving throws vs. Mind Control and Possession. This bonus is applicable to resists any psionics, magic, super powers, or innate abilities that attempt to control the mind or will of the character.

The major downside to having this power is that the character is unable to focus on more than 1 thing at a time. If the character gets an idea in his/her head, it is nearly impossible to get the character to focus on anything other than that idea until that idea has run its natural course. Characters with this power cannot attempt to multi-task even in the simplest of terms, and must finish the task in front of them before moving on. One exception: When the character's life is in danger (such as when combat arises), the character is able to drop their original line of thought and begin focusing on saving their own lives.

This one is unique as far as I know. But redundency does happen from time to time. Some of the powers Specter has posted recently, for instance, bear resemblance to powers already on the boards.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Specter wrote:Razor Burn (minor)

The hero can fire razor sharp blades from his body. After impact the blades burst into flame causing additional damage.
Damage: 1d4 per blade (flames 1d6 + 1d6 at levels 2,4,6,8,10,12,14) Hero can throw an additional blade at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.
+2 to strike

You do know that the other matter expultion powers are major powers?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

+2 to strike

No I didn't know that... It's not quite powerful enough to be major...

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

+2 to strike

This power though does not provide the same level of versatility as the various Matter Expulsion Powers. Does not provide extra SDC, armor, ability to morph limbs into weapons, enhance PS, etc..
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

+2 to strike

This power though does not provide the same level of versatility as the various Matter Expulsion Powers. Does not provide extra SDC, armor, ability to morph limbs into weapons, enhance PS, etc..
It's actually pretty low powered even for a minor. The damage is really miniscule compared to energy expulsion powers and the range is not that great.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

+2 to strike

It's actually pretty low powered even for a minor. The damage is really miniscule compared to energy expulsion powers and the range is not that great.

I would do this:

Razor Burn: (inspired by Specter, enhanced by Mr. Deific NMI)
"Talk about a close shave!"

The hero can fire red hot, sharp razor-like blades from his fingertips. At the point of impact these metal "shards" burst quickly become molten steel similar to the effects of white phosphorous.

Range: 200 ft + 20 ft per each additional level of experience starting at level 2.

Rate of Fire: 1 razor or shard may be generated at levels 4th, 7th, 10th, 12th and 15th.

Damage: 1D8 S.D.C plus an additional 1 S.D.C per level of experience [ie: 1D8+1 at 1st, 1D8+5 at 5th, etc..] just from the impact of the razors/shards [P.S. bonus not applicable]. Once the razors/shards impact and turn to molten slag, the target takes an additional 2D8 S.D.C. "heat" damage. Every third level of experience beyond 1st [4th, 7th, 10th, 13th] increases this damage by an additional 1D8.

Bonuses:
  • +2 strike, W.P. Targeting and similar super abilities can add to this.
  • Due to the razor like edge that only gets sharper with experience, the user of this power may reduce the A.R. of the target by 1 point at levels 4, 7, 10, 12 and 15.
  • The shards have a percentage chance of igniting any combustible material they come in contact with equal to the amount of "heat damage done. ie: 15 S.D.C. damage equals a 15% chance of igniting combustibles. Targets who may have resistances to heat damage will see reduced damage from the "heat" damage. A person will need to be impervious [not just resistant] to both kinetic as well as heat based damage/effects.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Thanks NMI that is better written than the way I had it.

Would adding an sdc bonus and/or some kind of melee attack (like flaming steel claws bursting from the hero's forearms) make this a major?

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Specter wrote:Thanks NMI that is better written than the way I had it.

Would adding an sdc bonus and/or some kind of melee attack (like flaming steel claws bursting from the hero's forearms) make this a major?

Not sure. If you were just going for "ooh look, my claws are made of fire", then probably not. Why? We have a similar ability in the books already - Energy Claws and it is a minor.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Burning Claws [Major? Minor??]

Oooh! That has got to burn!

The character with this power is able to generate a set of claws either from the back of his knuckles. The unique thing about this claws is that all though there is solid material [bone, metal, etc...] they also happen to be surrounded by a nimbus of flame. Not only can the hero use this Burning Claws in melee combat, but with focus, the hero can launch these claws/shard at their target from a distance.

Range: Touch

Damage: 4D8. +4 damage every even level of experience starting at 2nd level. [4D8 @ 1st level, 4D8+4 @ 2nd, 4D8+8 at 4th, etc..], half of which is fire/heat damage. The amount of damage that is fire/heat is also the percentage chance to ignite combustibles. P.S. damage bonus may be added to melee strikes/.

Bonuses:
  • +1 strike with claws
  • The characters arms are impervious to fire/heat - no damage! 1/2 damage from magical fire/heat
  • Character gains the minor ability of "Razor Burn"
  • +3D6 S.D.C.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Burning Claws [Major? Minor??]

Oooh! That has got to burn!

The character with this power is able to generate a set of claws either from the back of his knuckles. The unique thing about this claws is that all though there is solid material [bone, metal, etc...] they also happen to be surrounded by a nimbus of flame. Not only can the hero use this Burning Claws in melee combat, but with focus, the hero can launch these claws/shard at their target from a distance.

Range: Touch

Damage: 4D8. +4 damage every even level of experience starting at 2nd level. [4D8 @ 1st level, 4D8+4 @ 2nd, 4D8+8 at 4th, etc..], half of which is fire/heat damage. The amount of damage that is fire/heat is also the percentage chance to ignite combustibles. P.S. damage bonus may be added to melee strikes/.

Bonuses:
  • +1 strike with claws
  • The characters arms are impervious to fire/heat - no damage! 1/2 damage from magical fire/heat
  • Character gains the minor ability of "Razor Burn"
  • +3D6 S.D.C.

I'd say it's just a minor.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Takes out the extra sdc to the proper just damage

{edited from nmi's version of razor burn}
Damage: 1D8 Damage plus an additional 1 damage per level of experience [i.e.: 1D8+1 at 1st, 1D8+5 at 5th, etc..] just from the impact of the razors/shards [P.S. bonus not applicable]. Once the razors/shards impact and turn to molten slag, the target takes an additional 2D8 "heat" damage. Every third level of experience beyond 1st [4th, 7th, 10th, 13th] increases this damage by an additional 1D8.

Bonuses: [list][*]+2 strike, W.P. Targeting and similar super abilities can add to this.[*]Due to the razor like edge that only gets sharper with experience, the user of this power may reduce the A.R. of the target by 1 point at levels 4, 7, 10, 12 and 15. [*]The shards have a percentage chance of igniting any combustible material they come in contact with equal to the amount of "heat damage done. i.e.: 15 damage equals a 15% chance of igniting combustibles. Targets who may have resistances to heat damage will see reduced damage from the "heat" damage. A person will need to be impervious [not just resistant] to both kinetic as well as heat based damage/effects.

I really would wish PB would get away letting xdc be in the damage lines.... There is no capacity in damage. :crane:
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

the burning claws would be a major power.
If it was just "hockey mom w/o lipstick's" original bone claws then they would be minion.

both the burning claws and razor burn (both versions) are those borderline powers. So they get the promotion to Major.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:snip...

Damage: 1D8 Damage plus an additional 1 damage per level of experience [ie: 1D8+1 at 1st, 1D8+5 at 5th, etc..] just from the impact of the razors/shards [P.S. bonus not applicable]. Once the razors/shards impact and turn to molten slag, the target takes an additional 2D8 "heat" damage. Every third level of experience beyond 1st [4th, 7th, 10th, 13th] increases this damage by an additional 1D8.

Bonuses:
  • +2 strike, W.P. Targeting and similar super abilities can add to this.
  • Due to the razor like edge that only gets sharper with experience, the user of this power may reduce the A.R. of the target by 1 point at levels 4, 7, 10, 12 and 15.
  • The shards have a percentage chance of igniting any combustible material they come in contact with equal to the amount of "heat damage done. ie: 15 damage equals a 15% chance of igniting combustibles. Targets who may have resistances to heat damage will see reduced damage from the "heat" damage. A person will need to be impervious [not just resistant] to both kinetic as well as heat based damage/effects.

Does a quick edit of the damage and bonus text to correct things.

Correct things for your perspective. Per text layout of the books, what I had was correct.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Grow eyes [Minor]
'The eyes are the window to the soul'

The character can simply grow eyes over his body. with a thought he can generate eyes on any surface of his body, and can remove them at will.
When covered in eyes, he gains the ability to see in all directions at once. He gains +2 to parry dodge and initiative, and cannot be suprised. He must grow at least a dozen or more eyes for this ability to work. His ability to grow eyes at will includes the ability to regrow eyes at will. a damaged eye is discarded and regrown with barely a thought. His eyes can be restructured as they are grown. the character may choose to see in the ultra violet spectrum, be colour blind (but gain nightvision with the colour blind eyes) or gain near telescopic vision (can make out a face at 2 miles). simply growing an eye on a limb allows the character to extend his ability to see around corners or over walls. By adding new eyes around his head and on arms holding ranged weapons, the character can calibrate his aimed shots bettre, gaining a +2 to strike (Multinocular targeting) with ranged, aimed attacks.

Being covered in eyes can invoke a horror factor of 10.

Brain Drain [Major]
'Take my hand..I only want to help'

The character's touch has a kind of neural tap that weakens an opponent's mind while strengthening his own.
1) draining touch. when in contact with a person for more than a moment (punching and kicking aside) the character can drain the target of mental energy and use it. The target makes a saving throw (16+ ME bonuses apply). if he fails, then the character drains 2D6 ME from him, and piles it on top of his MA. He gains a sudden but temporary influence. If the target is a psionic, he may defend himself from this by expending 1 ISP per 2 ME drained. a mind block renders the target immune as well. seconds after contact is broken (about 2-3 seconds) the drain is ended and both parties return to normal.

2) affected target. The target of this ability can be influenced while affected, in one of three ways.
A) Inflict fear. the character turns his opponents mental energy against him. the target makes a saving throw Vs Horror factor (14+) as his the character's towering presence overwhelms the target. while the attribute drain returns when contact is broken, the fear remains in effect until the end of the round.
B) Charm. The character has a superhuman charm over the target. fundamentally this is the same as awe factor rather than Horror factor and is useful in seduction and soliciting favours from strangers. The feeling of elation persists after the touch has ended.
C) suggestion using his borrowed charm the character can deeply implant some idea into a target. at some point in the future, the target will feel compelled to act on the suggestion. He may make a saving throw to resist, but is unlikely to if it is innocuous enough, and guaranteed to fail if it involves a gross violoation of one's personal codes).

3) affect others: while borrowing someone's mental endurance, his charisma is heightened enormously. saving throws vs psionic powers or psionic like powers are increased by 2 while enhanced
4) other notes. Ultra low ME. an ME of 5-7 usually means a -3 to save vs HF, -2 vs illusions and -1 to save vs mind control, as well as -1 to save vs insanity and loses -10% to performance, public speaking and seduction. at 3-4 ME he has -6 vs HF -4 vs illusions -3 to save vs psionics -2 from posession. he can be interrogated in as little as 2D4 minutes, and can barely lie to save himself. an ME of 1-2 is abysmal. -8 to HF -6 vs illusions or psionics -5 vs insanity. he virtually spills his guts after a minute of interrogation, and cannot muster the will to lie. at zero or below the target simply has not the will to stay concious and passes out. if somehow kept this way for over 30 minutes, the target will die.
5) bonuses: +2 MA and ME as well as a +2 to save vs psionics.

Batts
(sorry for the low power turn out. I just figured I needed to keep posting now and then before someone mentions I don't seem to post any more)
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:I'm having problems posting Our powers in The Black Vault please help me...

I already sent you some instructions. What specifically are you not understanding?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Takes out the extra sdc to the proper just damage

{edited from nmi's version of razor burn}
Damage: 1D8 Damage plus an additional 1 damage per level of experience [i.e.: 1D8+1 at 1st, 1D8+5 at 5th, etc..] just from the impact of the razors/shards [P.S. bonus not applicable]. Once the razors/shards impact and turn to molten slag, the target takes an additional 2D8 "heat" damage. Every third level of experience beyond 1st [4th, 7th, 10th, 13th] increases this damage by an additional 1D8.

Bonuses: [list][*]+2 strike, W.P. Targeting and similar super abilities can add to this.[*]Due to the razor like edge that only gets sharper with experience, the user of this power may reduce the A.R. of the target by 1 point at levels 4, 7, 10, 12 and 15. [*]The shards have a percentage chance of igniting any combustible material they come in contact with equal to the amount of "heat damage done. i.e.: 15 damage equals a 15% chance of igniting combustibles. Targets who may have resistances to heat damage will see reduced damage from the "heat" damage. A person will need to be impervious [not just resistant] to both kinetic as well as heat based damage/effects.

I really would wish PB would get away letting xdc be in the damage lines.... There is no capacity in damage. :crane:

It may be proper for "YOU" to have just "damage", BUT PROPER PALLADIUM FORMAT IS S.D.C.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Hope you guys like these powers too...

Healing Halo: (Major) by OmegaKnight Dog
The super being can generate an bio-electric hoop which circles his/her crown and is about a foot over his/her head. He/she can use this circular halo to auto-target and shoot multiple opponents in the area of effect and then use the damage absorb to heal others later.
Range for Damage: Halo is one foot in diameter, with the ability to shoot bio-electrical beams or pillar like wave that is twice the size of the hero starting at the halo to a distance of 400 feet, plus 10 feet per level of experience.
Range for Healing: Touch
Duration for Damage: Instant
Duration for Healing: Permanent
Attacks for Damage: The pillar wave burst can be done using 3 melee attacks/actions to everyone in the area or the hero can shoot one target at time using 1 melee attack/action to do so.
Attacks for Healing: Each act of healing cost 1 attack/action plus healing temporarily weakens the super being by reducing his/her P.E. attribute number by 1 and Hit Points by 1D4 per each act of healing. Both will completely recover after a good night's sleep (minimum of 6hrs.).
Damage of Beams: Bio-Electric beams do 1D6 damage per level when shot from the halo, but does 2D6 damage per level when the pillar wave is shot and the total damage is store up for later to heal others. The absorption of the damage is done point for point. (EX. So 20 points of damage means 20 points of healing.)
Healing Damage: The halo must be on for the character to heal others, he/she can also nullify poisons and drugs in the bloodstream, stopping the damage and penalties from the toxin at the moment of the healing. He/she can also cure minor diseases and conditions (hangover, headache, stomach ache, nausea, itching, bug bite, minor burns, etc. etc. etc.). This is done by how much damage is stored up, and maximum storage is the character's P.E.X100.
Now healing others is done point for point of healing needed for the target to go to his/hers max health and the hero cannot control this, so if the hero has 100 points of healing stored up and the target needs 90 points healing to go to max that is what is used.
Number of targets: Can shoot all targets in range of the halo by sending out a pillar wave or individual targets, with a +6 to hit one target.
Bonuses: The super being get a +3 to save Vs poisons and toxins, +1 to save Vs non-lethal drugs and disease, and +30% to save Vs coma/death. Also add 1D6 to P.E. attribute.

Not my cup of tea, but that's just me.

The name of the power doesn't go along with what it can do. And there's no mention of how much damage the halo can absorb (or even how it's done). Personally, I think that it shouldn't be allowed to absorb all of the damage from a singular attack, and then cannot absorb any more until the healing portion of the power is used.

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Hyper Combo Finish: (Minor) by OmegaKnight Dog
This ability allows the super being to have a super combo, like the characters in a street fighter video game.
This ability can only be used in the second melee round of combat and only, If the character does not miss his/hers first three melee action/attack in a row, (no bonuses can be apply to start this ability.) the character can enter into a super combo which uses all the rest of his/hers attacks for that melee round, +50% more attacks for this move.
Range: It depends on the type of attacks launched at an opponent.
Damage: damage is calculate by the first three attacks divided by two to determine the damage of the rest of the attacks for that melee round.
(EX. = Ok if the first three attacks equal 10 points of damage (rounded up) than the rest of the attacks in the combo will do 5 points of damage each.)
Duration: Instantaneous after the first three successful actions/attacks hit.

This is more of a power stunt than an actual power.

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Force Stomp: (Major) by OmegaKnight Dog
The character generates a field of energy from his/hers legs and feet. The energy can be released by stomping one of his/hers feet, via a kick, and or landing on both feet via a hop or a fall. This unleashes shockwaves, destructive kicks, area
destruction and more powerful leaps. The energy fields surrounds both legs and feet at the same time and can be erected at will and maintained until canceled.

1. Shockwave Stomp: Stomping one of his/hers feet on the ground, the character can generate a shockwave of his/hers energy that ripples along the ground toward a specific target. This attack can only be done if the character is standing on the ground or a stable floor, like inside of a building or on deck of a large ship.
Range: 30ft. per level of experience.
Area of Effect: The shockwave hits everything along the ground in a straight line until it strikes the intended target or runs its full range, whichever comes first. Each target along the path of the shockwave takes damage unless they make a successful dodge.
Duration: Instant.
Damage: 3D6SDC/MDC points of damage per stomp to everyone and everything in its path.
A.P.M.: Each stomp counts as one melee attack.
Bonus: +1 to Strike with the shockwave at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15; no other combat bonuses, even other bonuses to strike, apply to this attack.
2. Thunder Hop: By hopping up and down once or falling to the ground landing on both feet the character can create spiral shockwave that hits everything in the area. This power cannot be used in a building on things like that, ground only.
Range: 30ft. radius +1 foot for every 20ft. off the ground the character jump/hops in the air for this attack.
Duration: Instant.
Damage: 6D6SDC/MDC points of damage +1D6MDC per every 20ft. off the ground the character jump/hops in the air for this attack, per hop to everyone and everything in the area.
A.P.M.: Each stomp counts as 3 melee attack.
Bonus: +1 to Strike with the thunder hop at levels 1, 4, 8, 12, and 15; no other combat bonuses, even other bonuses to strike, apply to this attack.
3. Powered Up Kicks: Add a +2D6SDC/MDC to all normal kicks and a +4D6 to power kick and all jump kicks.
4. Energized Leaps: Add a +20% to all leaping distances and a +60% to any that he/she does with a running start.

This is just a major version of Power Stomp.

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Unconscious Defensive Reflexes (Major)
by OmegaKnight Dog
"Even if I'm sleep, You still will not be able to hit me!”

In a fashion similar to sleepwalking and danger sense from P.U. 1. The hero is able to continue moving even when unconscious or asleep for the sole purpose to defend his/herself as to locate a safe place to continue being asleep or be knocked out and or to find a safe place to park a vehicle he/she is driving, etc. (He/she can only defend oneself and or counter-attack while this power is in effect.)

1. Automatic Reflexes: When the character is awake he/she gets the bonuses of a +3 to Auto-parry,Auto-roll, and Auto-dodge and a +2 to maintain balance and breakfall and gets a +4 to counter-attack, but when the character is asleep or unconscious he/she gets the bonuses of a +7 to Auto-parry,Auto-roll and Auto-dodge and a +6 to maintain balance and breakfall and +8 to counter-attack when asleep or unconscious.

2. R.E.M. Danger Sense: The character body can sense when and where danger is 20ft. or less from his/her body while he/she is asleep or unconscious. When asleep and or unconscious the body will not wake up and continue to heal or get whatever benefits from sleep that he/she needs to function. Also the body will maintain an alert posture until the danger is over or he/she can get away to a safe place so he/she can continue to sleep or be knocked out. The body will also get up when knocked down without hesitation if there is still danger in the area.

3. Unconscious Autopilot: If the character is piloting any vehicle that he/she as a piloting skill(s) to pilot made to go to sleep of knocked unconscious for some reason, The character must make a piloting skill roll at -10% to maintain control of the vehicle for the sole purpose of getting safely out of traffic and parking or landing the vehicle safely to the ground.

4. Penalties and Limitations:
4A. The character speed is reduced to half while unconscious and the hero fatigues at twice the normal rate.
4B. The character cannot use any super powers, Magic, and Psionics that do not help him/her to get to a safe place while asleep or unconscious. (Running, jumping, and flying powers in any form are ok.)
4C. The character will not fight anyone or anything during his/her turn, and will always attempt to run away during his/her turn while this power is an effect, but will dodge,parry, and counter-attack on an opponents turn to defend him/herself until it's his/hers turn so he/she can try to get to a safe place.
4D. The character cannot talk to anyone or anything, even telepathically. (So no call for help from someone or something.)
4E. If the character takes more than 20 points of damage in a melee round he/she is automatically being woken up losing all his/her initiative and combat bonuses, and mean ALL bonuses for the next melee round do to the shock of being forced awake.
4F. The character cannot dodge or parry ranged attacks that are farther than 20ft. away even if he/she has a power to do so when awake, when this power on, but can dodge and or parry ranged attacks if applicable to do so in the 20ft. range do to speed.

5.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+2 to save vs. mind control and possession.

Why does the hero get bonuses - especially auto bonuses (dodge, roll, parry) - when awake if the power is only activated when asleep? I like the idea of the power, but I think it should be toned down a bit. I also think that it might make more sense to have the power just allow the character to function normally while asleep or unconscious for the purposes of defense only, instead of stacking major benefits onto it.

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Death Siphon: (Major) by OmegaKnight Dog.
“Everybody got to die sometime, I just hope I'm there when they do.”

This power the character gets more powerful by the energies that are released when someone/something dies. (Think of when a light bulb goes out and pop of energy that is released.) The super being is able to increase their personal power by being around someone/something dying and killing someone/something, and absorbing the victim's energies that is release when he/she/it dies not the soul.
How this power work is that the more things that die around the character and or by his/hers hand the stronger the character gets, the character levels by earning DEATH POINTS that levels up this power only and when the character levels up he/she gets a permanent boost in themselves period by the table seen below.
1. Permanent Empowerment: Available once every time the super being gains enough DEATH POINTS to level up, they can permanently enhance themselves the way they see fit to.
-Empowerment: Each time permanent empowerment is used by the super being, they are able to choose one of the following bonuses or ability enhancements:
+1D4X10 to MDC
+2D6x10 to SDC and +6D6 to Hit Points.
+1 to any single attribute.
+1D6X10 to I.S.P.
+1D6X10 to P.P.E.
+10 mph to normal speed.
+1 to any save vs. roll.
+1 to attack
+2 to any hand to hand combat bonus (like strike, parry,
dodge, etc.)
+1D6 SDC/MD to all punch or all kick damage (choose only 1).
+30 mph to any flight or super speed power.
+2D6 SDC damage to any energy expulsion or similar ability.
+1D6 MD damage to any energy expulsion or similar ability.
+25% range increase in any one super,psionic,magic,etc
ability.
+25% duration increase in any one super,psionic,magic,etc
ability.
Though only one option can be chosen per available use of this sub-power, an option may be chosen repeatedly if the super being wishes.
-Range: Point Blank or up to 120ft. +20ft. per level of the characters experience.
-Duration: Instant.
-Death Point earning table:
A pregnant woman and both dies – Instant level up.
A pregnant woman and woman dies only – 75DP
A pregnant woman and baby dies only - 100DP
A infant between 0-1yr old dies - 90DP
A kid between 2-15yrs old dies - 75DP
A teenager between 16-17yrs old dies - 60DP
A adult between 18-35yrs old dies - 50DP
A adult between 36-60yrs old dies - 10DP
A adult 61yrs old and older dies – 0DP
A human with immortality dies - 150DP
An animal (land,sea, and or air) dies – 2DP
A reptile (land,sea, and or air) dies – 1DP
An insect (land,sea, and or air) dies – 0DP
An alien with a human life span use the human table.
An alien with a different life span dies – 50DP
An alien with immortality dies – 100DP
A d-bee with a human life span use the human table.
A d-bee with a different life span dies – 55DP
A d-bee with immortality dies – 110DP
A low leveled magical creature dies – 50DP
A mid leveled magical creature dies – 100DP
A high leveled magical creature dies – 200DP
A magical creature with immortality dies – 400DP
A lesser demon and angel dies – 1,000DP
A true demon and angel dies – instant level up.
Any level 15 creature that the character kills personally dies – instant level up.
(If there is anything I miss The GM can give out DEATH POINTS
that are appropriate to death of the enemy.)
-Death Point experience table:
1-10 needs 1,000DP for each level up.
11-20 needs 2,000DP for each level up.
21-30 needs 3,000DP for each level up.
31-40 needs 4,000DP for each level up.
41-50 needs 5,000DP for each level up.
51-60 needs 6,000DP for each level up.
61-70 needs 7,000DP for each level up.
71-80 needs 8,000DP for each level up.
81-100 needs 9,000DP for each level up.
101 and beyond needs 10,000DP for each level up.
3. Other Abilities & Penalties: The character get the minor super power Sense Death & Destruction in P.U.1.
The character that has this power has a weird view about death, whereas saving lives is not his/hers first priority in combat/battle killing the bad/good guy is. This does not affect his/hers alignment because this power adds killing the bad/ good guy is first priority and saving the life of someone/ something is second in combat/battle. (But The GM can take away any experience points that The GM thinks is appropriate to The GM's campaign.) Now the character will always try to save someone/something when he/she not combat/battle, but will not give a hell if they die or not unless is family member or a comrade in battle.
4. Now this power has nothing to do with the soul of someone/something just the energy that is release when it dies, and that is it.
5. The GM is the only one that can give DEATH POINTS out period end of sentence.

Far too powerful and gruesome. Heroes shouldn't be walking around thinking "I hope someone dies so I can get their energy."

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Ultra Leaping: (Major)
The super being is capable of crossing enormous distances if given a running start.
1. Extraordinary Speed: Same as the minor super ability.
2. Hyper-Leaping: When running at full speed, the character can leap into the air to an altitude of 1,000ft. up at an arc and traveling his/her PS attribute number in X10miles (PSX52,800ft.) across, at a speed of approximately 6560ft. per melee round, simulating flight but with no directional control or ability to stop. Alternately, he/she can leap half that distance upwards.
The character is able to glide on wind currents when landing to prevent injury when landing, and can survive falls from any height with a successful flip to get into gliding position, with a base skill of 70%, plus 2% per level. Even if he/she fails to make this roll, the character will only take half damage from a fall, and only half that on a successful Roll with Fall or Impact.
3. Adjusting to Altitude and Such: The character is able to breathe normally and adjust to changes in altitude. He/She will also not suffer any problems resulting from heat or burn up when passing through the upper atmosphere. His/Her body is impervious to pressure and extreme cold and heat.
4. Indestructible Bones: Same as the Minor Super ability.
5. Increased Kick: The character performs kicks for an additional +4D6 and can kick opponents for the same distance as he can leap!
6. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+1D4X10SDC/MDC
+1D6 Speed
+7 Roll with Punch, Fall or Impact
+2D4+2 P.E.
+2D6+2 P.S.

How many minors can we stick into one major and get away with it? Less than this power has, I'm afraid. You've got at least 4 different minors in here, and the bonuses far exceed what is normally given out for the minors.

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Power Collar (minor) By OmegaKnight Dog
This is a variant of the super power Power Bands in P.U.1 where the super-being is able to create an invisible leash made out of pure force that prevents the enemy from escaping his/her grasp.

1. Leash: The super-being can attempt to touch a target and create an invisible line of force around the targets neck which cannot be seen or felt at first, unless he/she is trying to choke them, which keeps the victim within a given range of the super-being.
Range: up to 12ft. After a successful touch/strike is made, and he/she can control the length form 1-12ft. if need.
Duration: 20mins. per level and can cancel it early if he/she wants to.
Damage: 1D6SDC/MDC per attack/action if trying to choke them only.
Attacks: Uses 2 melee attacks/actions to create the leash, during which time the super-being must keep hold of the target.
Number Created: One leash may be created at level one, with additional leashes able to be used simultaneously at levels 7 and 14.
Strength: The leash has a Supernatural P.S. of double the character who creates it, which means the target and his friends must have a combined Supernatural P.S. of greater than the P.S of the leash to drag/break free from the leash creator, other than that the target and their friends are at the mercy of the creator as he/she pulls them around like a dog. The leash will prevent those held from falling off a building, but unless the super-being backs off 1-12ft., those being held will remain suspended in mid-air choking themselves until the super-being moves, unless of course the leash's duration has expired and they fall.

2.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
Can use the target as a weapon if he can lift them off the ground, swing them round and over his/her head. Damage: 2D4X10 SDC/MDC to them and the thing they hit.
+2 to M.E. and P.E.
+1D6 to P.S.
+4 to maintain balance.

Another power stunt.

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Matter Expulsion: Missiles: (Minor) by OmegaKnight Dog
The character can absorb local inorganic matter (DIRT) to create various types of explosive missiles.

1. Missile Types:
High Explosive: Blast Radius – 10ft.
Fragmentation: Blast Radius – 20ft.
Armor Piercing: Blast Radius – 5ft.
Plasma/Napalm: Blast Radius – 15ft.
Range – All types have a range of 1mile +150ft. per level
Duration: Instant and must be used within one melee round of creation or they decay and disappear.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to create the missiles (can create two simultaneously in each hand), and one melee attack/action to fire them.
2. Damage Per Type:
High Explosive: 5D6SDC/MDC damage, +3SDC/MDC damage per level of experience.
Fragmentation: 5D6SDC/MDC damage, +3SDC/MDC damage per level of experience.
Armor Piercing: 1D4X10SDC/MDC damage, +2SDC/MDC damage per level of experience.
Plasma/Napalm: 1D6X10SDC/MDC damage, +3SDC/MDC damage per level of experience.
Bonuses: +3 to strike if aimed, +1 to strike if wild

I like this power, and I like having to absorb another source in order to use it. However, it's MATTER EXPULSION, not MATTER ABSORBPTION. And the damages are a little high. at 10th level, we're talking about 5d6 + 30 SDC for high explosive. That's a minimum of 35 points of damage, with a maximum of 60. You're better off to use the same rationale as the EE powers.

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Matter Expulsion: Explosive: (Minor) by OmegaKnight Dog
The character can absorb local inorganic matter (DIRT) to create various types of grenade-like explosives.

1. Explosive Types:
Dynamite/T.N.T.: Blast Radius – 10ft.
Hand Grenade: Blast Radius – 20ft.
Liquid Nitroglycerin Orb: Blast Radius – 20ft.
C4: Blast Radius – 1 foot.
Tear Gas: Affected Area – 15ft.
Knockout Gas: Affected Area – 15ft.
Nerve Gas: Affected Area – 15ft.
Smoke: Affected Area – 30ft.
Range – All types have a range of 100ft.
Duration: Instant and must be used within one melee round of creation or they decay and disappear.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to create the explosive (can create two simultaneously in each hand), and one melee attack/action to fire them.
2. Damage Per Type:
Dynamite/T.N.T.: 1D4X10SDC/MDC
Hand Grenade: 2D4X10SDC/MDC
Liquid Nitroglycerin: 4D4X10SDC/MDC
C4: 1D4X10SDC/MDC
Tear Gas: See effects for this on pg. 154 in Ninjas & Superspies.
Knockout Gas: See effects for this on pg. 154 in Ninjas & Superspies.
Nerve Gas: See effects for this on pg. 154 in Ninjas & Superspies.
Smoke: See effects for this on pg. 154 in Ninjas & Superspies.

A rehash of the previous power. Almost like another power stunt.

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Omega Leaping: (Major) by OmegaKnight Dog
The super being is capable of crossing enormous distances if given a running start.
1. Extraordinary Speed: Same as the minor super ability.
2. Ultra-Leaping: When running at full speed, the character can leap into the air to an altitude of 2,000ft. up at an arc and traveling his/her PS attribute number in X20miles (PSX105,600ft.) across, at a speed of approximately 13,120ft. per melee round, simulating flight but with no directional control or ability to stop. Alternately, he/she can leap half that distance upwards.
The character is able to glide on wind currents when landing to prevent injury when landing, and can survive falls from any height with a successful flip to get into gliding position, with a base skill of 70%, plus 2% per level. Even if he/she fails to make this roll, the character will only take half damage from a fall, and only half that on a successful Roll with Fall or Impact.
3. Adjusting to Altitude and Such: The character is able to breathe normally and adjust to changes in altitude. He/She will also not suffer any problems resulting from heat or burn up when passing through the upper atmosphere. His/Her body is impervious to pressure and extreme cold and heat.
4. Indestructible Bones: Same as the Minor Super ability.
5. Increased Kick: The character performs kicks for an additional +4D6 and can kick opponents for the same distance as he can leap!
6. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+1D4X10 +20SDC/MDC
+2D6 Speed
+9 Roll with Punch, Fall or Impact
+2D4+4 P.E.
+2D6+4 P.S.

You really like this combination of minors, don't you? Again, you've got multiple minors combined into one major, and the bonuses here are higher than what you'd get from taking the 4 minors separately.

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Turbo Boost or Powering Aft Thrusters: (Minor) by OmegaKnight Dog
This power gives the character a burst in flight speed for a limited time, when the character is at maximum speed only.

1. Nitro-Boost Fire Flight: Essentially it looks like the same as the minor super ability of Flight: Energy. When the hero flies to his/hers maximum speed is when the character can access this power , which causes him/her to expel fire from his/hers feet and break the sound barrier. When this happens it creates a sonic boom and the character gets a tail of fire that is 36ft behind him. This makes him easier to track, but does 4D6SDC/MDC to anything hit by the flames.

Bonuses In Flight:
Speed: Mach 1 (about 660mph. To 700mph.) + another Mach 1 per level of experience.
Duration: 15mins. +15mins. per level of experience.
+1 attack per melee round
+3 to Initiative in flight only.
+1 to Strike and parry in flight only.
+5 to Dodge in flight only.
Extraordinary Vision: 2 miles away.
Night vision: 1000ft.
Maximum Altitude: 60,000ft.
Sonic two-fisted punch (ram style) at 400mph or greater inflicts 1D4X10SDC/MDC damage to one opponent and 3D6SDC/MDC to the character. Counts as two attacks.
Sonic flying body block/ram at 400mph. or greater does 2D4X10SDC/MDC damage, plus humanoid opponents weighing under 400lbs. are knocked off their feet and tumble for 2D6 yards/meters, and causes them to lose initiative and two melee attacks/actions, and the character him/herself will take 5D6SDC/MDC. Counts as three attacks.

2. Flaming Kicks: After flight the character's feet and legs are white hot and give the hero the ability shoot white hot fire balls form his/hers feet.
Range: 72ft.
Damage: 4D6SDC/MDC for the fire ball and add +6D6SDC/MDC to kick damage.
Duration: 5mins. per. level of experience after flight.

3. Drawbacks: The character cannot use this power unless he/she has a preexisting flight super power.
The fire produced is small usually sputtering out in 2D6 seconds, but can ignite grass, trees and other combustible substances, doing 2D6SDC/MDC damage per melee round for 2D4 melees until extinguished.
The character cannot hover this power period.

4. Bonuses and Other Abilities:
The character is unaffected by thin air, high altitudes or G-forces under 12, also the character can hold his/her breath for 15mins. +1min. per level of experience.
The character is resistant to fire and heat, while immune to the flames he himself produces, the hero still takes half damage and effects from flame and fire attacks from other sources.
The character is also resistant to the cold only taking half damage form it and can tolerate cold temperatures as low as freezing with no discomfort.
The character can stop quickly and make sharp turns at will.
These bonuses only work when this power is on.

Good concept. Bad execution.

Far too overpowered to be a minor. I love the concept - getting a short burst of speed while in flight. But your description of the power is over-the-top.

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Hurri-Shield: (Minor/Major)-IDK... by OmegaKnight Dog
The character has a low form of hydrokinesis and telekinesis when as he/she can gather the local moisture in the air into a swirling circle mass of water that looks and acts like a mini hurricane, but works as a defensive shield. Creating the water-shield takes one action to perform, and one action to maintain every sub-sequent round. The swirling mass of water occupies a radius of 2 to 4 feet form the middle of his/her forearm and is composed of only free standing water. The water in the Hydro-Shield flows/rotates at the character's M.E.X10 in mph.
Defensively, the shield stops all kinetic damage (punches,kicks,head-butts,ancient melee weapons, etc.) thrown at it because the attack is caught up in the swirling high speed water and sent flying away or Parried/Disarmed out of the way. Energy and ranged kinetic attacks will be stopped by the shield entirely by being sucked up and defuse or sucked up and harmlessly fall to the ground (the shield has, an SDC/MDC equal to the character's ME plus his PE +4 per level) the shield does take damage from lava, plasma,ice/cold, explosive and electrical attacks. They do full damage to the shield and ½ damage to it's creator and the character gets a +4 to auto-parry and block only.
Offensively, anything/anyone that hit's the shield within 2 to 4 feet area will take 2D4 SDC/MDC damage (must roll with punch/fall/impact at a 14 or higher + bonuses to avoid this) and or the character can hit someone/something with his/her shield doing 3D6 SDC/MDC damage + P.S. Bonuses. With a +2 to strike only. Targets hit by the shield this way have a 30% chance +4% chance per level of being knocked down by the hurricane-like force waters in the shield (Losing all initiative and 1 attack for that melee round.)
Shield Throw: This special attack/action in done like Captain America by grabbing the shield with the opposite hand and throwing it at an opponent and on it to return to him/her. Damage: 6D6 SDC/MDC + Sucking up the target and throwing him/her/it the character's M.E.X10 in mph. + the damage that is done in feet away, (so if the creator has a M.E. Of 15 meaning the shield flows/rotates at the speed of 150mph. & the target take 15 points of damage than he/she/it will be sucked up and thrown 2,250ft. away.) and it takes 4 attacks per melee to throw the shield.
Number of shields : starts off with 1 at lvl.1 and gets
1 more at lvl.7.
Notes : The GM picks where thing fly off to when hit by the shield, that includes distances and if it hit someone/something else when it lands.

More super power soon...

This is a major, not a minor. And you've got it so that very little can make its way through the shield and do anything to the creator. I think fire, ice/cold, magic, and psionics are all that your'e allowing through.

All in all, the powers need work. Most are over-powered, and some are just power stunts. You wanted an opinion, well that's mine. I could be wrong.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I agree that some of OmegaKnight Dog's powers just don't seem up to par. And Healing Halo was just an attempt to modify my own Electric Halo, and I will probably do my own version of it at some point.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

No one is saying not to post your powers here. Please, by all means, do so. Contribute.
You asked for critique, you got critique.
You think I like "everything" that has been posted here? No. Some I find silly, overpowering, repetitive. While others I find totally awesome!

Although your powers you and your group created do seem to be a bit on the powerful side, they do seem cool. And if they work for you and your group and makes your gaming sessions fun and exciting, then ROCK ON WIT YOUR BAD SELF!
Severus Snape
Hero

One last post on OKD's powers, and then I'll let you all return to the topic at hand.

OKD, you need to learn how to take constructive criticism. I responded to your PM this morning, and let me tell you that I was NOT happy with what you said. Taking shots at someone after asking them to critique your work is not the best way to accept the criticism, and it will only alienate you from others out here. I won't state here what was said, but I won't be critiquing your work again. Even if I like the powers (and there were a couple above if you'd learn to actually READ MY POST that I thought the concept was good), you won't hear it from me.

Now....back to posting more powers!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

OKD, I gave criticism where asked, please do not take it personally. I could have gone into brutally scathing detail, but I purposefully kept my remarks general. Please do not take it as an attack, nor allow it to keep you from posting.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Wireless (minor)
"250 channels and nothing is on, at least I don't have to find the remote"

The hero's body releases pulses of microwave, infrared, radio, bluetooth, and and subsonic waves. These pulses allow the hero to assume contol over anything that receives wireless signals. This will allow a character to hijack a remote control signal, change the channels on a tv, make car alarms go off/open car doors/open garage doors...ect

Range: 200ft+20ft per level
The character has a 60%+4% per level chance to take control of a wireless device.

Drawbacks: the hero has a 5% chance of effecting a wireless devices they do not know about that falls into their range when they use this power. TV's might start changing channels, car alarms going off, cell phones ringing, and worst case scenario remote detonated bombs going off. This only happens if the hero is unaware of the wireless device when he is attempting to take control of another wireless device. The hero is able to detect wireless devices and signals at 40%+5% per level.
Last edited by Specter on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Severus Snape
Hero

Specter wrote:Wireless (minor)

The hero's body releases pulses of microwave, infrared, radio, bluetooth, and and subsonic waves. These pulses allow the hero to assume contol over anything that receives wireless signals. This will allow a character to hijack a remote control signal, change the channels on a tv, make car alarms go off/open car doors/open garage doors...ect

Range: 50ft+10ft per level
The character has a 60%+4% per level chance to take control of a wireless device.

Drawbacks: the hero has a 5% chance of effecting a wireless device they do not know about that falls into their range. TV's might start changing channels, car alarms going off, cell phones ringing, and worst case scenario remote detonated bombs going off. This only happens if the hero is unaware of the wireless device and this power does not allow the character to detect such devices.

Interesting concept for a power, especially given the number of wireless devices that are now prevalent in society. Which brings me to my criticism of the power.

At any given time the character with this power will be within range of a wireless device that they are unaware of. You can be driving down the street, minding your own business, and there could be a few cellphones, car alarms, garage doors, etc., all within range of the power that could just start going off without any warning. Wireless devices are everywhere nowadays, meaning there are no places in modern society that the hero could be without setting something off.

I think a better idea would first be to give the hero a chance to detect any devices in the area, and then affect only the ones he/she wants. If you have to keep the drawback, at least give the hero the ability to try and get it under control or place a duration on how long the device goes off for (like 1d4 melee rounds).

Other than that, good concept.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Drawbacks: the hero has a 5% chance of effecting a wireless device they do not know about that falls into their range. TV's might start changing channels, car alarms going off, cell phones ringing, and worst case scenario remote detonated bombs going off. This only happens if the hero is unaware of the wireless device and this power does not allow the character to detect such devices.

I like this. Although, me personally in my games, I have been using Frequency Absorption to pull off these stunts.
I do like what you have here though :D
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

i like it. I'd increase the range, though.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Edited. Extended the range and made the wording a little better so that it doesn't read as a constant power but a power that can be turned off and on and can be used to detect wireless devices. Thank you for the critiques.

Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

I really need to not read webcomics late at night. While I despise coffee as I was reading Girl Genius I couldn't help but imagine someone with 'Matter Expulsion: Coffee', using it to not only battle evil but run his own successful coffee shop, partnered with the guy with 'Matter Expulsion: Tea'... I'm surprised someone hasn't written one of these powers up just for the lark.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Nightmask wrote:I really need to not read webcomics late at night. While I despise coffee as I was reading Girl Genius I couldn't help but imagine someone with 'Matter Expulsion: Coffee', using it to not only battle evil but run his own successful coffee shop, partnered with the guy with 'Matter Expulsion: Tea'... I'm surprised someone hasn't written one of these powers up just for the lark.

Sound like a conversion to me. ;)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Specter wrote:Overhaul (major)

"I have two speeds, crazy fast and grandma's seeing ghosts again fast.

The hero can get into any vehicle and within a few minutes have it purring like a space rocket. Damage is removed and the vehicle is transformed into something better. It shifts and changes becoming a space age version of its self.

Any vehicle is repaired and transformed at 5 cubic feet per melee round. This is happens automatically when the character is behind the steering wheel/control console. And repairs will continue if the vehicle is damaged while the hero is piloting it.

The engine is maxed out and modified with state of the art gear, bringing it to 250% capacity.

The vehicle develops an AR of 15 or gains +5 to the vehicle's AR if there is already one. (bullet proof windows, reinforced plating.)
+250 SDC

The vehicle develops a weapon system even if it wasn't military before.

1) Artillery: The vehicle grows a gun of some kind, machine gun, missle launcher, flame thrower, laser cannon, ect. Chosen as the hero gets into the vehicle.
Range:300 ft + 10 ft per level
Damage: 1D6 + 1D6 per level

2) Electrified Plating: If someone lands on the vehicle they can be fried.
Damage: 4D6

3) Adaptive Gimmick: The hero can have the car develop a specialized gimmick chosen when they first get in the car. A grappling hook, ejector seats, smoke screen, caltrops launcher, jump plates, parachute... ect.

+15% to any pilot skills the hero has.

Any bonus on the artilliary?
What is the effective range on the plating, touch?
This seems a bit low powered for a Major power.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Specter wrote:Melee (major)

"I will defeat your southern preying mantis with my shaolin flaming tiger!"

The hero instinctively knows martial arts... every martial art.

1) Identify style: 80%+3% the hero can identify a karate form within a few seconds, knows it's origins, and it's weaknesses. +2 to strike, parry, and dodge if the character spends a full minute studying someone in combat.

2) Change forms: the hero does not pick a hand to hand style at character creation. Instead they can pick any one from Ninjas and Superspies, Mystic China...ect. at the beginning of a melee round the hero can change his martial art form. This takes away all bonuses from the previous form.

3) The hero has this Hand to hand style at 5 levels over his own level.

At 5th level the hero may select two martial arts one 5 levels over his own level at the second at his own level. At level 10 the hero may select a third martial art also at his own level.

Additional Bonuses
+2 PP and PS
+2D4x10 sdc

This just seems WAY overpowered, in my opinion.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Specter wrote:Major Power:

Doorway

1. Character can link any doorway to another doorway. This will allow the character to travel thousands of miles at a time. 1000 miles + 500 miles per level. This link lasts until the door closes.

2. At level 8 the character can create doors where they didn't exsist before. At level 12 the character can remove doors. So yes, you can trap someone in a room with no doors.

Someone stepping through one of these doors unknowingly must make a save vs HF 12

I have a power similar to this: http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... or_to_Door This seems a bit overpowered, though...
Is there a weight limit or percentages for success?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Specter wrote:Doorway (major)
Any door becomes a portal to any other door, by touching the knob the character connects it to any other door on the planet. No chance of failure. If the character is familar with where they want to go they will be able to travel to that specific door. They can also generalize to a city, neighborhood, or even just "away".

1) Door to door. The hero may step between any doors on the planet without fail. Once the door closes it becomes a normal door again.

2)No door locked to the hero. Even when he is not porting through a door he will find no door locked when he goes to open it.

3) New Door. At level 8 the hero can create a door into any surface once the door is used to port out it just becomes a regular door again, often useless (unless he decides to walk back through that door someday) if it's bolted into the side of a mountain or onto a brick wall or in the desert sand.

4) Close door. At level 12 the hero can remove the door he just came through when he closes it. Both the orgin and/or destination point can be removed at a thought.

5)Doorways to other worlds. The hero can attempt to open doorways to moving vehicles, space craft or even other planets. This has a 30%+5% per level chance of success. These worlds/vehicles have to have doors until level 8 when the hero can just make a door.

This version just seems way overpowered.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Specter wrote:Temporal Combat (major)
"I need to be in a dozen different places at the same time... can do!"

1) My own best friend: The hero can jump forward and backwards in time to team up with himself. He can jump within 1 minute + 1 minute per level. So at level one. he can have two of himself for 30 seconds or 4 of himself for 15 seconds but will be absent for the rest of that minute of combat.

2) ...And back again: The hero can jump forward or backward in time and space and then slingshot back to where he was mid action. 1 minute + 1 minute per level.

Example a) The hero is facing a villian with a sword. He runs and leaps at the villian then flashes forward and disarms the villian from behind. Slingshots back to his original leap now holding the sword.

Example b) The hero is thrown from a plane by a villian without a parachute. He travels back to the plane, grabs a chute and slingshote back to himself now with chute in hand.

Example c) running from a base with goons right on your heels you jump forward and set the base to self destruct. Then keep running as your actions are happening in the future.

3) Temporal Sight: Being able to see the quantum threads that hold the world together allows the hero to keep from going insane as he flips forward and back. He can also see distortion if time is being manipulated or changed by another.

Like I said before, I might do my own version of this. This just seems a tad too powerful.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”