Robotech?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

roguewood
D-Bee

Robotech?

Unread post by roguewood »

I just read the newsletter & saw ROBOTECH is pushed back to September. Is that this September or next September?
taalismn
Priest

Re: Robotech?

Unread post by taalismn »

roguewood wrote:I just read the newsletter & saw ROBOTECH is pushed back to September. Is that this September or next September?

September 2030. :nh:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

taalismn wrote:
roguewood wrote:I just read the newsletter & saw ROBOTECH is pushed back to September. Is that this September or next September?

September 2030. :nh:

2030... just in time for the masters to lose, and the invid to invade...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Well we started the year with it being out in March I believe.....then spring, then june, august and now september.....All thigns considered my guess is MAYBE by years end.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Usually they give rough dates, but I think this is really a strong date. So September is the date, and that usually means it will be the last week of the month (maybe even last couple of days) So I am thinking it will be back from the printers the first week of October
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Tiree wrote:Usually they give rough dates, but I think this is really a strong date. So September is the date, and that usually means it will be the last week of the month (maybe even last couple of days) So I am thinking it will be back from the printers the first week of October

Tiree, August was listed and seemed to be a strong date too. They've already stated VKR won;t be out till after GenCon officially and they stillhave to do Lemuria. Kevin's track record is not conducive to this book beig out when they have been saying it will be.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

jaymz wrote:
Tiree wrote:Usually they give rough dates, but I think this is really a strong date. So September is the date, and that usually means it will be the last week of the month (maybe even last couple of days) So I am thinking it will be back from the printers the first week of October

Tiree, August was listed and seemed to be a strong date too. They've already stated VKR won;t be out till after GenCon officially and they stillhave to do Lemuria. Kevin's track record is not conducive to this book beig out when they have been saying it will be.

Robotech: "Hey, buddy, move over!"
Mechanoid Space: "Find your own space, dude!" :(
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
paulvdaley
D-Bee

Unread post by paulvdaley »

I've been following this progression as close as the rest of you. When did Lemuria sneak in there? I thought I remembered New Gen being right after the Vampire thing. Am I alone being a little irked by this possible memory?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

*yawn* I only get mildly exited once they say a book is going to the printers.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Lemuria sneaked in, when Vamp Sourcebook was pushed back
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

Wasn't the book supposed to be out by Gencon at one point in time? So, given the 8-12 weeks for a rewrite of Lemuria, then 8-12 weeks for a rewrite of Robotech, we are looking at the end of November (best case) to the end of January (or later, worst case). And this is assuming that HG does not take any time with it, as I am not sure at which stage they do their approval. So, I don't know where September is coming from. :?
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

strtkwr wrote:Wasn't the book supposed to be out by Gencon at one point in time? So, given the 8-12 weeks for a rewrite of Lemuria, then 8-12 weeks for a rewrite of Robotech, we are looking at the end of November (best case) to the end of January (or later, worst case). And this is assuming that HG does not take any time with it, as I am not sure at which stage they do their approval. So, I don't know where September is coming from. :?

more like 12-16 weeks for any rewrites.

\m/
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

jaymz wrote:
strtkwr wrote:Wasn't the book supposed to be out by Gencon at one point in time? So, given the 8-12 weeks for a rewrite of Lemuria, then 8-12 weeks for a rewrite of Robotech, we are looking at the end of November (best case) to the end of January (or later, worst case). And this is assuming that HG does not take any time with it, as I am not sure at which stage they do their approval. So, I don't know where September is coming from. :?

Didn't he get Thundercloud finished about 8 weeks after AU? AU was released in Feb, and TC in April (IIRC). So I think 8 weeks is best case. And it's been about 12 weeks between TC and VK (April to July). Now, that is everything is perfect. I am betting, however, on 1st quarter next year for this book. I was just pointing out that, best case, September is not a feasible timeframe.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

strtkwr wrote:
jaymz wrote:

Didn't he get Thundercloud finished about 8 weeks after AU? AU was released in Feb, and TC in April (IIRC). So I think 8 weeks is best case. And it's been about 12 weeks between TC and VK (April to July). Now, that is everything is perfect. I am betting, however, on 1st quarter next year for this book. I was just pointing out that, best case, September is not a feasible timeframe.

Keep in mind he started on T-cloud while AU was at the printers and early Feb to late April is more than 8 weeks as well. He also started VKr while T-cloud was at the printers so early April until the last week in July. That looks like 12+ weeks is closer to reality to me. Throw in the fact that GenCon is in there thus about a week of writing lost as well along with the variety of reasons that WILL crop up while doing his "edits" to Lemuria and I think I can safely say based on precedents that we will be LUCKY to see Rtech New Gen by December and that is likely to get pushed back as he spends a ton of time on grab bags when they start selling those (as he should since it supposed to be a big fan pr thing :ok: ). So unless she can start "editing" these manuscripts and getting them to the printer in 4 weeks or less we won't see New gen in September.

I hope he proves me wrong but considering how delayed the book already is just THIS year (let alone the previous year) I may be closer to right than wrong.

I do really hope he proves me wrong this time.

Edit- he has Lemuria listed as an August 22 release. That means he has to have the manuscript done and laid out to be sent to the printers by the time they get back from GenCon (based on a typical 2 week turn around form the printers). Does any one honestly believe he can pull this off?

\m/
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

All very true. But I also was not counting printer time in this, just rewriting/editing time. So it was early Feb-early April, then early April-late July.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

strtkwr wrote:All very true. But I also was not counting printer time in this, just rewriting/editing time. So it was early Feb-early April, then early April-late July.

I take it all into account as the process of getting the book out :)

\m/
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

jaymz wrote:
strtkwr wrote:All very true. But I also was not counting printer time in this, just rewriting/editing time. So it was early Feb-early April, then early April-late July.

The only reason I don't is because once it is at the printers, it is a done deal. Until then, it's a crap shoot. Books get pushed back or cancelled, other projects slow down writing to a crawl, and the schedule looks more like a calendar than an actual release schedule. (ie, first August, then September, then October...)

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

strtkwr wrote:
jaymz wrote:

The only reason I don't is because once it is at the printers, it is a done deal. Until then, it's a crap shoot. Books get pushed back or cancelled, other projects slow down writing to a crawl, and the schedule looks more like a calendar than an actual release schedule. (ie, first August, then September, then October...)

Well if we got with 10 weeks (a median number for when he starts the book to when its released :) ) that puts New Gen at about.... (starting Lemuria "edits on Monday since Vkr is going to the printers)....20 weeks away so about early December :)

\m/
paulvdaley
D-Bee

I wish I knew what the doggone hold up is. Is robotech money in the bank or not? If not, then why has KS been saying that it is? If it IS, then what is the other factor preventing the books from coming out? It's not like it's mana from the gods here, but come on. Personally, I am interested in robotech first, palladium second. So my patience for shenanigans in scheduling and whining is kinda low. It's just that this is the only source of robotech material right now.

That must be the origination of the angst: palladium is the only source of RT material, they say it's coming, but then it just doesn't.

I find no peace in that realization.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

what is the other factor preventing the books from coming out?
two words: Tommy Yune (or Harmony Gold)
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

First is Kevin - then it's Harmony Gold. But I doubt at this point it is HG's fault on ANYTHING!
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

This is from updates going back to last year.

From October 1, 2010 - We’re hoping to squeak this Robotech® sourcebook out in time for Christmas, otherwise it will be an early 2011 release.

This was the norm until November 24, 2010 - UPDATE: Robotech®. The manuscript for Robotech® New Generation is sitting here calling my name to look it over. Gah . . . I’ve resisted so far, because I know I’ll be distracted and want to dive into it instead of doing what I’m supposed to. Actually, I might read and work on it before I get into Thundercloud Galaxy™. A glimpse of it looks pretty clean. I want to see 3-4 new Robotech® sourcebooks out in 2011. (3-4 in 2011 and its the end of July and we haven't even seen one yet)

Then it changed again in December 10, 2010 - This Robotech® sourcebook will be an early 2011 release.

That didn't last long as on December 30, 2010 - - Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (March)

January 13, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech®. The first Robotech® sourcebook of 2011 should go into final production in the next couple months. (sounds optimistic)

January 20, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech®. I assure you Robotech® is not forgotten. The Robotech® New Generation Sourcebook will only be the first new Robotech® release of 2011. Looking for a March release. (Still sounds good)

January 27, 2011 - Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (March; tentative) (uh oh. Now, it's tentative)

February 10, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® the New Generation™ Sourcebook. We submitted a cover sketch to Harmony Gold on Monday and I hope to do a comprehensive read of the manuscript and start assigning interior artwork in a couple weeks. I just want to get Thundercloud Galaxy™ finished first.
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (April, tentative) (Optimism disappearing)

February 17, 2011 - - Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (May, tentative)

February 24, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. We got feedback from Harmony Gold about the cover sketch and sent it to artist, Apollo Okamura.

March 3, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. Apollo Okamura should be working on the cover for this book and I hope to be working away on the manuscript in a few weeks.

March 10, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. Apollo Okamura should be working on the cover, and I need to get author, Irvin Jackson working on the next Robotech® sourcebook.

March 17, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. Apollo Okamura should be working on the cover. I spoke to Tommy Yune and he’s excited about the upcoming book and our ideas for additional sourcebooks.

March 24, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. Hmmm, haven’t heard from Apollo Okamura lately. I should probably check on the progress of that cover. Can hardly wait till I dive into the manuscript for this title.

April 14, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I plan to switch from vampires to Invid and power armor, so I can get this title into production and assign artwork.

April 21, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I still plan to work on this sourcebook in between work on the vampire titles.
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (June, tentative)

April 28, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I can hear it calling my name, but I still haven’t gotten to work on this manuscript yet. Soon. I did have a good talk with author Irvin Jackson about it and the next sourcebook to follow. Mmmmm, good stuff.

May 5, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. No movement on this title this week as my energy has been spent elsewhere. I did have a nice talk with Tommy Yune and he was glad to hear we want 2-4 Robotech books out by the end of the year.

May 12, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I’ve been focused on getting the new website ready for launch and working on Vampire Kingdoms, so there has been no movement on this title this week.

May 20, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. Man oh man, Robotech® fans are getting hungry for more books. It seems like I see at least one or two inquiries about this book and others every single day. I guess I'd better get this book moving in the pipeline faster, especially if we want it out before Gen Con Indy.
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New (July, tentative)

June 9, 2011 - - Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New (August, tentative)

June 30, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech®. I feel terrible that Robotech® has languished. Based on some Facebook and other posts I’ve seen, some fans are concerned that there may be no new Robotech® books released this year. Let me put your fears aside. As soon as I’m done with Lemuria and return from Gen Con, Robotech® New Generation is the next book we work on. It’s in my schedule. I also hope to release one additional Robotech® title by the end of the 2011 and will work hard to do so. I promise. (Really? Promise?)

July 7, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I approved Apollo Okamura’s color sketch for the cover and he should be working away on it. This is the NEXT new book to go to the printer in August. The Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ and Megaverse® in Flames follow it.

In the same update for July 7 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation. This is the book that will follow Rifts® Lemuria. We’re starting to put things in place for its production and release right now. I approved the color cover sketch this week and Apollo Okamura is working on it. Not only that, but we hope to release one additional Robotech® title by the end of 2011, and the Robotech® Marines book is not dead.

July 14, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. In final production. Should ship September. Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ and Megaverse® in Flames follow it
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – September, New

This is why I don't believe we will see it in October, or November or probably even December. The book is almost a year delayed.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

MikeM wrote:This is from updates going back to last year.

From October 1, 2010 - We’re hoping to squeak this Robotech® sourcebook out in time for Christmas, otherwise it will be an early 2011 release.

This was the norm until November 24, 2010 - UPDATE: Robotech®. The manuscript for Robotech® New Generation is sitting here calling my name to look it over. Gah . . . I’ve resisted so far, because I know I’ll be distracted and want to dive into it instead of doing what I’m supposed to. Actually, I might read and work on it before I get into Thundercloud Galaxy™. A glimpse of it looks pretty clean. I want to see 3-4 new Robotech® sourcebooks out in 2011. (3-4 in 2011 and its the end of July and we haven't even seen one yet)

Then it changed again in December 10, 2010 - This Robotech® sourcebook will be an early 2011 release.

That didn't last long as on December 30, 2010 - - Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (March)

January 13, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech®. The first Robotech® sourcebook of 2011 should go into final production in the next couple months. (sounds optimistic)

January 20, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech®. I assure you Robotech® is not forgotten. The Robotech® New Generation Sourcebook will only be the first new Robotech® release of 2011. Looking for a March release. (Still sounds good)

January 27, 2011 - Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (March; tentative) (uh oh. Now, it's tentative)

February 10, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® the New Generation™ Sourcebook. We submitted a cover sketch to Harmony Gold on Monday and I hope to do a comprehensive read of the manuscript and start assigning interior artwork in a couple weeks. I just want to get Thundercloud Galaxy™ finished first.
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (April, tentative) (Optimism disappearing)

February 17, 2011 - - Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (May, tentative)

February 24, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. We got feedback from Harmony Gold about the cover sketch and sent it to artist, Apollo Okamura.

March 3, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. Apollo Okamura should be working on the cover for this book and I hope to be working away on the manuscript in a few weeks.

March 10, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. Apollo Okamura should be working on the cover, and I need to get author, Irvin Jackson working on the next Robotech® sourcebook.

March 17, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. Apollo Okamura should be working on the cover. I spoke to Tommy Yune and he’s excited about the upcoming book and our ideas for additional sourcebooks.

March 24, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. Hmmm, haven’t heard from Apollo Okamura lately. I should probably check on the progress of that cover. Can hardly wait till I dive into the manuscript for this title.

April 14, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I plan to switch from vampires to Invid and power armor, so I can get this title into production and assign artwork.

April 21, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I still plan to work on this sourcebook in between work on the vampire titles.
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (June, tentative)

April 28, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I can hear it calling my name, but I still haven’t gotten to work on this manuscript yet. Soon. I did have a good talk with author Irvin Jackson about it and the next sourcebook to follow. Mmmmm, good stuff.

May 5, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. No movement on this title this week as my energy has been spent elsewhere. I did have a nice talk with Tommy Yune and he was glad to hear we want 2-4 Robotech books out by the end of the year.

May 12, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I’ve been focused on getting the new website ready for launch and working on Vampire Kingdoms, so there has been no movement on this title this week.

May 20, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. Man oh man, Robotech® fans are getting hungry for more books. It seems like I see at least one or two inquiries about this book and others every single day. I guess I'd better get this book moving in the pipeline faster, especially if we want it out before Gen Con Indy.
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New (July, tentative)

June 9, 2011 - - Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New (August, tentative)

June 30, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech®. I feel terrible that Robotech® has languished. Based on some Facebook and other posts I’ve seen, some fans are concerned that there may be no new Robotech® books released this year. Let me put your fears aside. As soon as I’m done with Lemuria and return from Gen Con, Robotech® New Generation is the next book we work on. It’s in my schedule. I also hope to release one additional Robotech® title by the end of the 2011 and will work hard to do so. I promise. (Really? Promise?)

July 7, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I approved Apollo Okamura’s color sketch for the cover and he should be working away on it. This is the NEXT new book to go to the printer in August. The Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ and Megaverse® in Flames follow it.

In the same update for July 7 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation. This is the book that will follow Rifts® Lemuria. We’re starting to put things in place for its production and release right now. I approved the color cover sketch this week and Apollo Okamura is working on it. Not only that, but we hope to release one additional Robotech® title by the end of 2011, and the Robotech® Marines book is not dead.

July 14, 2011 - UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. In final production. Should ship September. Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ and Megaverse® in Flames follow it
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – September, New

This is why I don't believe we will see it in October, or November or probably even December. The book is almost a year delayed.

Sadly this is par for the course of any book and not just Robotech :(

\m/
paulvdaley
D-Bee

That is very complete, Mike. Thanks for putting that together.

Ladies and gentlemen, what you see here is a perfect example of how NOT to run a project. Seriously. The cover art is hardly 4 months worth of work. I can't think of a project manager running a project that he actually expects to complete and have an artist string them along for four months on a single piece of artwork.

Whatever. I just dug out my Invid Invasion book from 199x. That'll do, Pig. That'll do.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Duke Nukem Forever - definitely proves that, any delay can still get something published.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

What ever. I ignore press releases all together (auto delete). They are just filled with broken promises, false hopes, and general griping. All I care about are results (aka new product), so until I see it on the online catalog I dont get excited about anything anymore.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Kagashi wrote:What ever. I ignore press releases all together (auto delete). They are just filled with broken promises, false hopes, and general griping. All I care about are results (aka new product), so until I see it on the online catalog I dont get excited about anything anymore.

I htink New Gen is on the online catalogue.....but then again so is Tome Grotesque, beyond Arcanum, and Land of the Damned 3. Being on the online catalogue really doesn't mean squat.

\m/
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

jaymz wrote:
Kagashi wrote:What ever. I ignore press releases all together (auto delete). They are just filled with broken promises, false hopes, and general griping. All I care about are results (aka new product), so until I see it on the online catalog I dont get excited about anything anymore.

I htink New Gen is on the online catalogue.....but then again so is Tome Grotesque, beyond Arcanum, and Land of the Damned 3. Being on the online catalogue really doesn't mean squat.

Pre sale doesnt count. Mechaoinds Space has been there since 1994.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”